Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Short Stories

THE SKETCHY LIFE (played anonymously)

I maybe stretching this here, but I was curious to find if others had a habit as I do of turning posts into something more.

I'd like to see what separates your style from others that post and write on here through art.
Do you write with colored text, do you make art for your posts?
Do you have stand still character poses to express your characters emotions while you write out their dialog?
^ I think that be really neat to see.

I've been making pixel art for my posts so my partner has more to get out of it.

If you do, I'd love to see what extra you put into your writing.

Here's mine.
See more

_Introduction_

Dark, crisp and cold night, cool enough to where a sweater or an overthrow at least.
But, it was clear for now.
Snow on the ground and some on the thickest of pines and furred trees.
Grass still peaked through the snow, it was the perfect change between fall and winter.
The moon was high shine and no bigger then a dime in the sky by now, just rising too.

The street lights flickered on, slowly one by one.
Headlights off in the far distance.
A car was so rare at this time, especially on this long back road.
An hour or 3 could pass unnoticed before another car could be counted for.

DONE.png

One might think that they'd get these old street lights fixed, as they flickered, some dimmed, some didn't even bother to come back on.
Hell, there was grass coming up on the edge of this road, cracks forming, but it was nothing compared to the way this road would wined and curve, dangerous for someone who didn't live in these parts.

But, guess that's why the smell of fire and smoke would linger and crawl it's way onto the road from down a steep dip just over the guardrail.

Plenty of black skid marks led along the curving road to this, scene.
Seemed like the tires cut it just hard enough to swerve into the fresh mud and over the edge.
Footprints leading from the woods, blood, and a faint orange flickers from within the trees just bellow.

Seems like an accident in the middle of nowhere.

Untitled.png

Wow! I love those pixel art of scenes. I think it's a brilliant idea. :D
THE SKETCHY LIFE (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Thanks Somnom!
Do you do anything to spice up your posts for people?
This is really cool! I don't do anything of the sort to 'spice up my posts' as they are long and I always want the words to speak for themselves so I spend an inordinate amount of time reading, re-reading, and listening to them on text to voice to make sure they are as stimulating and image invoking as I could hope to make them. But on occasion I do draw the characters of my RP partners.
THE SKETCHY LIFE wrote:
Thanks Somnom!
Do you do anything to spice up your posts for people?

I will add pictures (not ones that I've drawn, but something that relates to the scene or helps explain what my character is wearing, or show what my character is giving to someone else if I don't feel like my words are cutting it) and sometimes music to my posts to help set the mood of things!

But like Kruhee said, I write a lot of words and tend to let them do the talking MOST of the time. :D

And you're very welcome! Your pixel art is amazing stuff. :)

Kruhee wrote:
This is really cool! I don't do anything of the sort to 'spice up my posts' as they are long and I always want the words to speak for themselves so I spend an inordinate amount of time reading, re-reading, and listening to them on text to voice to make sure they are as stimulating and image invoking as I could hope to make them. But on occasion I do draw the characters of my RP partners.

That is nice of you to take time to draw out the characters of your partners, I'm sure it makes their day to see them.

Somnom wrote:

I will add pictures (not ones that I've drawn, but something that relates to the scene or helps explain what my character is wearing, or show what my character is giving to someone else if I don't feel like my words are cutting it) and sometimes music to my posts to help set the mood of things!

But like Kruhee said, I write a lot of words and tend to let them do the talking MOST of the time. :D

And you're very welcome! Your pixel art is amazing stuff. :)

Oh, music is a new one, setting the mood can be really helpful when reading large posts.
Especially for sad, or love scenes.
Action moments to, to get that energy going.

Thank you.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Short Stories

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus