Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Winter Treasure Hunt (CLOSED)

Not entirely a Raffle, but still something to do with dice and a little bit of experimenting on my side. :D

The Winter Treasure Hunt is open starting now and ends when all the prizes listed below have been won. Post with your writer profile please. There’s no limit on how many times one can win, subject to the rules. Follow the rules carefully, however, otherwise you won’t get the prizes and will have to start over.

Prizes:
[i]Little yellow prizes:[/i] [b]Gone![/b]

5 yellow gift boxes containing something yellow (yellow rose or page torn from a book)
1. Lucretire
2. Serene
3. turntechGodhead
4. Shadow-Ranger
5. Guardian_Girl

[i]Little blue prizes:[/i] [b]Gone![/b]

5 blue gift boxes containing something blue (blue cloaks)
1. Tusitala2017
2. Morrigan
3. Somnom
4. Tusitala2017
5. Dndmama

[i]Little red prizes:[/i] [b]Gone![/b]

5 red gift boxes containing something red (red cloaks or red roses)
1. Guardian_Girl
2. Sweet_Little_Sock
3. turntechGodhead
4. Somnom
5. Deumeawyn

Little green prizes: 5 green gift boxes containing something green (actually, I tried, but in reality it’s a mix of green and purple cloaks) GONE!
1. Serene
2. Deumeawyn
3. Voldarian_Empire
4. Key-Blue
5. Shadow-Ranger

[i]Little purple prizes:[/i] [b]Gone![/b]

5 purple gift boxes containing something purple (runes of epicness and purple cloaks)
1. Clearlow
2. Crystaldragon126
3. Serene
4. Tusitala2017
5. Tusitala2017

All the prizes are ready and wrapped and displayed on my profile. :D

Rules:
Start by rolling 1d6 dice. Depending on the outcome, do the following:
1: Naughty, try a 1d6 again!
2: Nice, roll a 1d20 next!
3: You tried, roll a 1d2! If you get 1, you are naughty, try 1d6 again! If you get 2, you are nice, roll a 1d20 next!
4: Well done, you get a little yellow prize; in order to get it delivered in your inventory, post a little quote about friendship here! :D If all the yellow prizes have been won, roll a 1d20.
5: Really naughty, wait six hours, then try a 1d6 again!
6: Well done, you get a little red prize; in order to get it delivered in your inventory, let us know what sweets you love most! :D If all the red prizes have been won, roll a 1d20.

For those lucky ones getting to roll the 1d20:
1-5: Sorry, try 1d6 again!
6-10: Wait six hours, then try a 1d6 again!
11: Well done, you get a little blue prize; in order to get it delivered in your inventory, post with the character you love most! :D If all the blue prizes have been won, roll a 1d20 again.
12-18: Try 1d20 again!
19: Well done, you get a little green prize; in order to get it delivered in your inventory, post a pic of a Xmas tree here! :D If all the green prizes have been won, roll a 1d20 again.
20: Really nice, you get a little purple prize; in order to get it delivered in your inventory, post a brief paragraph about your favorite writing styles! :D If all the purple prizes have been won, roll a 1d20 again.

Cliffhanger Announcement:

There are 8 green and purple gift boxes left! Now only 1!

BUT to spice up things and thank everyone who participates in the game, a RAFFLE has been added for the participants!

Rules for the Raffle
this is on top of everything else, cause I am GM for this Dice Game and I CAN :D

All those who participated or will participate in the Dice Game (even briefly and unsuccessfully) are welcome to post a comment about how a game like this could be improved. For the ones who post, there will be a Raffle held at the very end (after all the other prizes have been won), via RPR dice roll also, and winner will receive an Enchanted Wardrobe!

Please note that I may use your suggestions to improve the game and I may use the game in the future, either for fun as now, or for a roleplay quest or campaign-like story.

Entrants:

1. Tusitala2017
2. Shadow-Ranger
3. Lucretire
4. Juls
5. Key-Blue
6. Crystaldragon126

New cliffhanger (thank you for your suggestions!)

IF you played five times but never won anything, you are EPIC and you'll automatically get into a Naughty Raffle!!!

The prize for the Naughty Raffle is an Oil of Epicness. Sorry, I ran out of coals, moving to other fuel sources now. :D

For now, 1. Juls ... :D
This looks fun Dorian! :)

Edit: See ya in 6 hours!
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5.

Note: First try!

Very creative
Let's see
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.
oh dear rolled "naughty, try again"
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.
lol, naughty again
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2.
huzzah I'm nice now
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 13.
Oh dear, try again

12-18: Try 1d20 again!
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11.
11: Well done, you get a little blue prize; in order to get it delivered in your inventory, post with the character you love most! :D If all the blue prizes have been won, roll a 1d20 again.

He is my favourite guy! Gotta love that ruthless evil touch and sense of danger he brings to the stories
Oooh. The hunt is on!
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.
Edit: Wooops, ignore this second post ^^
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.
DorianM Topic Starter

PENTRE lord knight merman vamp wrote:

He is my favourite guy! Gotta love that ruthless evil touch and sense of danger he brings to the stories

Woo! First winner of a little blue prize! On its way! :D
This looks like fun
Naughty or nice...?
rolled 1d2 and got a natural 1.
6: Well done, you get a little red prize; in order to get it delivered in your inventory, let us know what sweets you love most! :D If all the red prizes have been won, roll a 1d20.

I absolutely love chocolate, in fact, I just made a chocolate treat called Christmas Bark for the season!
DorianM Topic Starter

Guardian_Girl wrote:

I absolutely love chocolate, in fact, I just made a chocolate treat called Christmas Bark for the season!

Yes! sounds yummy! one red box coming your way! :D
Ok! Slightly confusing but I’ll give it a try

Edit: I think I’m naughty? Sorry this part of the rules is confusing to me 😅
DorianM Topic Starter

Sweet_Little_Sock wrote:
Ok! Slightly confusing but I’ll give it a try

Edit: I think I’m naughty? Sorry this part of the rules is confusing to me 😅

Confused but lucky! Still, you owe me your preferred sweets. :D
( thanks for the help :) )

My favourite sweet is a chocolate cake! My favourite part is always the icing 😋
Okay, I get the basic idea, so... Roll a d6 first and see what I get!
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.
Three? I tried, so roll a d2... (This is actually really creative!)
rolled 1d2 and got a natural 1.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Winter Treasure Hunt (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus