Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Labratory

Red Foxe (played by RedPandaF0x) Topic Starter

I noticed his blush and wondered if I should have asked. hmm he seemed to be answering so I supposed it was fine. I nodded as he pointed to his hair and tried to imagine him with black hair. I supposed it was fine either way. Five or six months? That was a while. I was surprised they let him die his hair at all though. I mean it was nice but didn’t particularly affect me as I never died my hair. I laughed when I found out they wanted to trim his hair. I wondered if they were going to cut my hair and gave it a small glance. I loved my hair and I had never had it short. I wondered if it would look alright. I thought maybe I had been considering my hair for too long. I wasn’t trying to be vain. “Do they cut all the subjects hair?” I asked quickly.

I smiled in relief about the records. I hate- no loathed being watched. It was terrible. I was glad that they didn’t keep track of everything. I wondered if there were tests. My thoughts wandered to reading a dictionary three times a day. “I suppose they probably only gave you a dictionary as you’ve told me that you seem to be a troublemaker. I gave a quick smile so I didn’t seem to be rude.

Did Nikki seem odd? He seemed worried or anxious, glancing to the door every couple seconds. I wondered what other people in here could do. “Nikki what are some of the oddest supernatural abilities you’ve seen?” I piped. “I was interested to learn about people with abilities. I hadn’t met any others except for Nikki. I hoped that wasn’t a rude question. I didn’t really know anything about etiquette in here or anywhere “Nikki are you ok?” I asked him. I didn’t think I had ever asked and genuinely wanted to know.
Adrion Nichoelos-Nisutki (played by AmberShades)

Nikki yawned, stretching his arms over his head once again before rolling onto his feet. "Eh. Not all of them. My parents specifically wanted my hair cut. They said it was too long for a guy and it wasn't neat. Apparently, it put a bed reputation with their family title to not have a 'perfect child'." The cat-like figure shrugged, though, silently, he knew it stung to hear those words come from his own mouth. He could take it when his parents had said it to him, but it was like he finally accepted the truth when the words left his lips.

Sighing with a sad laugh, Nikki tucked his hands into his pockets, pacing back and forth with a small skip in his step. "Yeah. I wasn't paying attention in the fancy-shmancy private school, so they cut off anything that would distract me from my studies. Music, video games- never really played those, anyways- books that weren't educational- basically anything like that, y'know?" He snorted. "I probably deserved all of it, too. Pfft! The look on their faces when I spoke back to them! You should've seen it!"

He turned to face Little Red, holding up a finger with a low scowl. "Adrion Jayse Nichoelos-Nisutki!" He took a breath, his voice deep as he pretended to scold, as his father would. "How dare you speak back to your father like so? And where have you learned such.. such foolish mannerisms? I don't want to hear it! To your room. We'll see you again at supper, and then right back to your room. Do you understand, mister?" Nikki shuddered, breaking his act and speaking like himself once again. "My papa- well, father- was a man you would never want to meet. He was.. something else, for sure, mhm."

As his gaze returned to the door, he offered a anxious smile, attempting to brush it off. "I'm fine, Little Red. No worries." He twirled by her while pacing, ruffling the top of her hair with a shake of his hand. Chuckling quietly, he moved to the middle area of his pen before continuing to walk back and forth. "The oddest supernatural abilities.. Let's see.. Oh! There was this one kid.. What was her name? Jolene, I think. Anyways, she had clairvoyance, the ability to see the unknown. Not like ghost and spirits and the such, but more of like the future by looking at an object once. One time, and Jolene could tell you when the object was created, where it's going, and how it'll find it's end. That, Little Red, was amazing."

(( Apologies About The Late Response! ;w; ))

I gave Nikki a sad smile. His parents sounded terrible even though he wasn’t saying it outright. “Perfect Chlidren don’t exist.” I noted. “I mean I was definitely not a perfect child. At least not to my adopted parents.” I paused. “I’ve never met my birth parents.” I tilted my head quickly pondering whether or not they were like me. In anything. Red hair, musical, quiet. Was I quiet? I probably wasn’t. But were my actual parents? I quickly looked up and gave Nikki a smile. I knew what it meant for something to mean something from one person and nothing from another.

I snorted knowing that I loved everything he had just listed. Music, Video Games, and especially books that aren’t educational. “Did I tell you that I almost can’t read educational books? I almost fall asleep or my eyes keep reading or I’ll continually read the same sentence so many times! Probably already told you. I’m not even that old and my memory is failing me.” I sighed. So much had happened in the last hour. “I enjoy playing video games. Some of my favorites include open world ones where you can simply explore and not only go where the quests take you. One of my favorites is Horizon Zero Dawn.” I said all of this very fast. Too fast. I attempted to slow down my speech.

I laughed at his impersonation. “Of course you didn’t deserve it Nikki~ No one deserves to have all of their fun things taken away! Especially books. And Video games. And music.” I realized I had listed all of the things again and laughed. “You still got supper when you were grounded? Does that count as being grounded? Sometimes I would be forced to skip meals at a time when I was in trouble. I wasn’t in trouble a lot though. I was a model student. All A’s I never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend and I didn’t have any friends. Especially ones that would influence me badly. They always found something I was doing wrong. I must have been worse than I thought. Were your parents homophobic Nikki? I have only had one best friend who I actually liked and I haven’t seen her since 5th grade. She only liked females and her parents were extremely homophobic. She was shipped off. I didn’t see her since. She found out at a really young age actually.” I almost forgot about her. I was talking too much. I frowned frustrated.

I started tapping my fingers on the floor to a melody I had learned last year. It was therapeutic and it helped me to not forget it. I tried to never forget my melodies. My breath stopped for a moment. “That sounds amazing Nikki and I wasn’t even here. Is she…still…here?” I asked quietly. I shouldn’t have asked. My fingers sped up and my fingernails started clicking against the floor. My old piano teacher hated the sounds of fingernails clicking. Just to spite her I sped up even more. My right hand pressed where a wrong note would have been and everything stopped. Slowly, I started my fingers again.

((It's Fine! :D))

"Oh? You, of all people, were some sort of a troublemaker? That is unbelievable," Nikki joked, stretching his arms outwards. With a tilt of his head, he continued. "You were adopted..? I would've never guessed. But-" He yawned with a small chuckle and a smile. "-sometimes, I can be a little dense. But, that besides the point, what were your parents like, if I may ask? It's strange we could be so alike, yet so different, mhm?"

With a sad smile and a small flop as he sat down again, he rested on his knees and folded his hands in his lap. "I wouldn't say I didn't completely deserve it. When I was thirteen, was I unbelievably mean. Hey! Pfft- That rhymes." Nikki snickered at himself. "But, yes, I got supper. I think the chef spit in my food- well, he always did- but at least Mother and Father were grateful enough, hm? I can't believe skipping a meal, though. Scratch that-" He swayed his hand in the air. "It happened every month or so. Depends on what I did, that time. It was usually and most likely a fight at school that caused me such punishment, but I don't exactly remember. To be honest, Little Red, I was probably a bad influence." He clicked his tongue. "We can agree on that. My parents would also find something I'd be doing wrong, even if I was trying my best to meet their expectations, y'know? But- listen- don't let them beat you down, Little Red. You're amazing."

The cat-like figure blinked at her next question. "Homophobic? My parents? Of course. I never asked them directly, but it was just a feeling. If I couldn't make an A on a stupid math test, then I definitely couldn't explain to my parents I might be bisexual. What would they do then? Ship me off, just like your friend?" He paused, thinking his words came out a little too harsh. "..I'm sorry- I didn't mean it like that- I.. Ooh.. This stings, mhm.." He shook his head, regaining himself after a moment with a weak grimace of a smile. "Apologies about your friend and my words, Little Red."

Nikki watched as Red's fingers gracefully before returning his attention to her words. "Jolene.. Jol.. Hm.." He tilted his head, thinking for a moment or so. "I'm not sure. Due to the fact she has that certain ability, she also loses control at times. Saying this, I mean she cannot make contact with an object without seeing it's full past and soon future. I think the lab-coats keep her distanced from the rest of us to do this fact. If she were to accidentally make contact with us, it would mean she could see our future.. if we lived and eventually made it out of here, or if we.." He inhaled. "You.. get the point. The lab-coats separated her, I believe, and I don't see her anymore. Though, I do believe she is, indeed, somewhere in this maze."

I flushed a little and I tilted my head back to look at the ceiling. “Haha. Yes, at least that’s what my parents made me out to be.” My arms positioned themselves behind me bracing me against the floor. My mind briefly flashed to how useful my arms were and how I never really appreciated them. What weird thoughts I had. For example if my arms weren’t there, I would have fallen flat on the floor. That would be rather embarrassing. “And yes I was adopted. I’m not surprised you wouldn’t have guessed.” I quipped. “You haven’t seen my parents, then you would never tell they look nothing like me. And, you can’t really tell if someone is adopted by looking at them. Unless of course you are wearing a shirt that says ‘I’m not with them’ when you walk around with your parents.

“My parents?” My mind tried to recall small details. “Um, my mom had this short brown hair that was rather dull. She was very touchy about it honestly. She would wear all this clingy jewelry. Her birthstone was a pearl. She was sooo obnoxiously proud of it too! Did you know that the real birthstone for June is this hideous brown rock that is so rare they substituted a pearl? She loved that fact. My dad? He was this big burly dude who looked like he’d been in the military 5 times and he even had this army jacket he got at Goodwill for the part.” I wondered if I should mention I had a cat named Moortje after Anne Frank’s cat. “I think World War 2 is a very fascinating subject. I’ve read Anne Frank’s Diary about seven times and I’ve read all the books I could get my hands on about it.” I only just reflected on the type of person that made me seem like. “ahhhh noo, now I seem l ike a psychopath! Or at least a sociopath.” I tilted my head thoughtfully placing my hands in my lap. “Did you know they are different things? For example a sociopath is made a sociopath and a psychopath is born one. Also, a sociopath is generally someone who doesn’t feel feelings.” I realized it was weird I knew that too. “Hmph.” I muttered to myself.

I made a face at the thought of someone spitting in my food. “Ewww. No one deserves to have spit in their food!” Fights? “You got into fights Nikki?” I imagined him swinging his fists at empty air and swallowed down a snort. I smiled happily at his calling my amazing. “Yay!” I said happily. Maybe I was amazing. I frowned at the thought that he did have homophobic parents. “I don’t like homophobic people. I wonder if it’s just them being born with the unconscious feeling that it’s not right. Would it be the same with racism? I mean could homophobic people really not want to be homophobic and dig their feelings deep down? I would rather them not mention it then be very loud about it.” Oh well. There was nothing I could do about it I supposed.

I hoped I didn’t look too much like I had been slapped at his next response. I was fine. Right. I plastered a smile on. “It’s fine Nikki. I’m fairly sure you didn’t mean it unkindly.” He didn’t mean it. However, I moved on to his next statement. “I suppose that could have been fairly traumatic to see what happened to subjects and their past. Is this place really like a maze? I had always been terrible at mazes. I couldn’t solve one for my life.” This didn’t help my situation.

Was it my imagination or did I hear another clang from the hallway? I didn’t make a reaction and just sat there with my eyes closed. It seemed rather warm in the hallway. Was that my imagination too?

“Well, true. You have a point, Little Red.” Adrion chuckled, tilting his head to the slightest. As the red-head spoke about her parents, he smiled and nodded. To be honest, Nikki could only remember the smallest things about his parents. For example, his father was rather tall and stern and lean, and he only wore tuxedos. His mom, on the other hand, was short and slim and loving.. sometimes. She only wore tight dresses that cut off at her knees, he knew. He wasn’t quite sure about their physical appearances, only that they had both been wearing frowns every moment of the day. Oh! And they both had vivid, emerald eyes, much like Adrion did. If he wasn’t wearing contacts, of course.

At the sound of psychopaths and sociopath, he perked with a raised brow. “I don’t suppose you are either of those, hm?” He flashed a smile. “Besides, some people just have interest in certain things, while others don’t. Strange or not. For instance, I particularly enjoy studying the 1700s.” The pink-haired male shrugged with a sheepish grin.

“Fights..” He shuddered, lifting himself onto his feet by pushing his arms onto the ground and doing a small handstand. As Nikki folded and stood upright, he stretched. “Plenty of them. Well, it’s mostly due to the fact I like picking and irritating people. Getting on their nerves, Y’know?” He smirked, chuckling. “Of course, it never worked out in my ending, but the look on their faces was worth it. I think.”

He sighed at the mention of homophobic people, his thoughts drifting to his parents once again. His foolish smile had disappeared, and it was replaced with a pained expression and furrowed brows. Though, he recovered and put on a grin once more. “There were times Jo could control it, and times she couldn’t. Either way, she was.. unique.” He confirmed it with a quick nod. “Anywho! This place can be like a maze. If you don’t know your way around here.” Nikki winked jokingly.

The cat-like figure drew a breath, seemingly startled by something as he stiffened. He whirled around and was walking through a haze of smoke on all four paws before he could blink. Standing still, his ears perked and he turned his head left to right. He twitched before returning to a human figure, rolling onto the floor. Hitting his head against the ground, he yelped. “Jeez-” Nikki mumbled, sitting up. His hand lifted to the back of his head, he returned his gaze to the door. Was there something he should be worried about, or was he just overthinking..?

I wondered what he was thinking as he sat thoughtfully. Maybe he was considering his parents? From the sound of it, they weren’t the best people. Nikki didn’t seem to remember them rather kindly. I smiled widely without showing my teeth. Whenever I smiled with my teeth it looked like I bared them. I hated it. I frowned before my face returned to a happy expression. I laughed as he assumed I wasn’t either. Well I assumed I wasn’t either as well but was it rash of h im to assume that? What if I was? It’s like mean people assuming they aren’t mean. I let my hands fall to the sides falling on my back on the ground. I tried not to ‘oof’. “The 1700’s?” I briefly tried to remember anything about that time era. I failed. I only liked to remember things that interested me. Especially in History. “I wasn’t the best at history.” I winced slightly with a small smile.

I again tried to imaginei Nikki in a fight and failed. The corners of my mouth turned up. I suppose I could maybe imagine him in a fight. hmmm I got a vague imagine of someone in a fight with Nikki’s face copy and pasted into it. Definitely not it. I moved on and focused on his next words instead. “She sounds unique. It’s so weird being in here.” And mazes. I shivered slightly. Did I mention I hated mazes? I would probably end up dying in here. I sighed quietly. “And you know your way around here?” I asked quickly with a raised eyebrow. How much time had he had outside of his pen to get an idea of the layout?

I opened my eyes and glanced at Nikki as he turned into a cat again and back into a human, harming his head in a process. I stifled a giggle. That wouldn’t be very nice. “Are you alright Nikki?” I asked softly before my mind wandered again. What could be happening? I had pretty much ruled out anyone visible being in the hallway since the first time I hadn’t seen anyone and the second time there wasn’t a big enough difference in heat for that to be possible. But there was something happening. Even Nikki had noticed it this time. I frowned and a frustrated sound came out of my throat. I hated being this confused. As Nikki glanced back at his door I glanced at mine. I still didn’t see anything through the window next to it. Was something watching us? If so that was creepy. If not…then I am officially paranoid. “Nikki?” I asked again.

Nikki?

Nikki..?

Adrion?

Regaining his focus, the cat-like figure blinks and looks up, confused. For a moment, he was sitting in his front yard while his mother beckoned his name. She was nothing more than a blurry figure, and her voice sounded as if it were beneath water. Adrion inhaled, his eyes wide as he rose to his feet. The outer lining of his sight was a fuzzy white, but he ignored it as he took a small step forward. With each movement, his blurry figure of a mother began to fade, and, as Adrion reached for her, she broke and disappeared from his view. Adrion had been so close-

But Nikki was sitting in the white room.

The one he had been in for years.

Twitching, he closed his eyes for a moment. Inhaling he turned with a smile, shrugging as he faced Little Red. “Mhm! I’m fine. Just a small bump on the head!” Nikki giggled, standing up with a small twirl. “Oh- uhm.. What were we talking about, Little Red? Pfft! I forgot.” He had a small headache, but he kept a smile nonetheless. Spinning and pacing, the cat-like figure skipped a little as he walked. Attempting to do a small walkover, he flipped and yelped quietly, landing on his back. Sighing, Nikki kept a weak grin and stretched, sitting up and crossing his legs before facing Red.

Apparently, he had hit his head harder than he imagined.

Pausing at his moment of confusion I decided to help him out and focused on the question ‘What were we talking about?’ That was easy. However, my mind was immediately blank. To buy some time I spun around in a circle. Feeling something rise to the surface, I clutched on to it as if I was drowning even if it pulled me deeper. “Moortje?” I blurted out. A moment later the memory that I had opted to withhold that information rose to the surface. I either blushed as red as an overripe tomato or as pale as a ghost. My mouth started murmering words. “…Frank…cat….history..”

Something else rose. “The 1700’s” I shoved the words out of my mouth. Waiting a few moments I decided that was safe territory. “The 1700’s?” I repeated. “Weird…” I paused as I started tugging on a strand of my hair. “Did your mind go completely blank for a moment there Nikki?” I watched alarmed as he landed on his back hard. He seemed a little off. Granted I hadn’t met him long enough to know his normal mannerism but still. This was weird. I dropped my hand to my side letting the hair fall on my shoulder. A weird silence filled the air. Or didn’t it? I paused yet again. A plastered a smile on. “So..” the sentence dropped rather quickly.

I tried to focus on Nikki. I remembered him go blank for a couple of moments and then his eyes shut rather quickly. I wondered if he was broken inside. I twisted around in my seat of the floor and grabbed the blanket behind me, deliberately smoothing it out in front of me. It was always nice to have something to focus on.

Nikki nodded, leaning back onto his arms with a weak smile and a tilt of his head. "Pfft- Perhaps my mind did go blink-" He shook his head, correcting himself quickly. "Blank! I meant blank, mhm." He still wasn't fully here, sitting in front of Little Red as he was. Or, he thought he wasn't, at least. Perhaps he was, and he was just shaken by the strange memory. Whatever the case, it took him a moment to recover.

The cat-like figure watched as she spun, listing off words and phrases he hadn’t recalled speaking about. Until she had reached the 1700’s, Nikki’s expression was blank, much like his memory, at the moment. “Oh! Right! The 1700’s..” His voice trailed off, much like hers. “Uhm- Alexander Hamilton! Mhm! That’s why I love that time period so much! He was so inspiring- to me, anyways.” He giggled. “People called it dorkish, and maybe it is. Just a little.”

As the silence slowly overcame the two, Nikki checked himself. Was he acting strange? How could he fix that? Why was he acting differently? Was it because of the memory, or the fact he hit his head on the floor? There were so many questions, and not enough answers..

I think I realized what was happening. I paused. Maybe I was wrong, and I would seem stupid if I brought it up and was. “Nikki.” I said quietly. “You know you don’t always have to be happy. I mean maybe you are just really optimistic, but you seem like you aren’t happy even though you think you need to be.” I stopped. I paused with a small laugh. “I shouldn’t have brought it up, nevermind.” I looked around my cell a thought striking my mind.

“Nikki what if that was new technology? I mean it would be very useful to control our memories and thoughts. If they could erase our minds just as we were about to reach the exit, then they would buy some extra time.” My eyes widened with the implications. That was scary. “Or they could even bring up old memories.” Eek I needed to stop. I shivered again. “Nevermind, again.”

I wondered how Nikki had gotten past the cameras last time he escaped. I nodded towards the cameras slightly. Then I nodded towards the locking mechanisms on the door. Pausing I gave him an inquisitorial gaze. I hoped he understood my questions.

Nikki's eyes widened slightly, and his smile faded. His finger twitched, but, other than that, he was perfectly- well, purr-fectly- still. A small sound came from his throat as he tried to speak. Ducking his head, Nikki sighed and folded his hands together. "Mhm. I.. I know. But, sometimes, it's just what other people need, and I don't want to disappoint them. Besides, if no one is going to remain optimistic in this miserable place, then what will happen? Will all just fall apart? Besides, it's my personality to be all hyped up over nothing. Basically." He looked up, returning the small laugh.

"New technology? Why in the Heavens would they want to control our memories if they already have control over us?" The cat-like figure was bewildered, and he rose to his feet with swiftness. "They keep us confined in these cells, yet they want to pretend as if we're in our safe-places? And, that-" He paused, his eyes wide. "-Is that why I can't reach the exit? That would explain so much- Kind of." Sighing, he rolled back his shoulders while running a had through his hair. "It's a good idea, but it isn't something the lab-coats would willingly share with us."

As she signaled towards the camera, Nikki twirls to get a small glance at it, along with the door. Yawning, he faced Little Red once more, stretching. As he rose his arms, he gestured to a small pin that was holding his collar together. It also held the bell in place, but it had been clearly readjusted after further look upon it.

His reaction wasn’t the most positive. However he didn’t break down and cry so I offered him a little smile. “Optimism can be bad. Have you ever played Fallout 4? The people in vault 111 were so optimistic like ‘Come on over here.’ And ‘welcome to your new home.’ That I knew they were evil even before anything else happened.” I paused knowing he probably had no idea what that meant as he had mentioned never liking video games. “Oh well.” I said softly.

“Complete and utter control is never enough for dictators. They want more. Artificial powers, to have control of even our thoughts.” My eyes narrowed. “Maybe we aren’t supposed to know about it. Or maybe it doesn’t exist. Either way.” I ended quietly.

As he motioned to his collar and the pin, my mouth fell open in a little O. I nodded, motioning I understood. It brought my attention back to my shattered collar on the floor. I picked up a couple pieces of it, sitting down. It was a ruby-like stone and the pieces were melted beyong repair. I winced slightly sorry for the scientists. But only for a moment before anger flared in me. They knew I depended on my voice. “how” I muttered. The scientists had me even more confused. “Hey Nikki. Do you know if the scientists have a device that can determine our powers?” I called out.

Despite not knowing what she was speaking of, Nikki's eyes widened. He paused, looking down at the floor to hide the concern glistening in his eyes. "I'm not evil, am I..?" Panicked, he turned back to Little Red. Was he evil? What if he wasn't right now, but his positive act would eventually crack? What would happen then? Drawing a short breath, Nikki barely managed to calm himself.

"Dictators? Oh Lord- Is this secretly an autocracy?" He joked, smiling to the slightest. "Pfft. They can't control me. Nope! You hear that?" He whirled around to face the camera, sticking out his tongue in the process. If they were going to walk all over him, he was planning on stomping all over them.. despite being in two different rooms. Turning to face Little Red again, he nodded once. "I highly doubt the lab-coats would want us to know anything at all, especially if it's about their latest technology that could possibly put us all at danger."

"I think they do..? I mean, over time, it's quite obvious what our abilities are, for I walk on all fours and you breathe fire." He joked with a small shrug, grinning childishly. "But, in all seriousness, I don't know. I mean, my parents reported my 'strange' ability to the lab-coats, so they didn't run any extra tests on me. Though, seeing as you immediately lit your hair aflame when we first met, I think the scientist have an idea or two. Though, I wish I could tell you how that specific part of the scientists' plan worked. It's one of the few things I don't know about." He sighed. This place was confusing enough, and now he had a million more questions that would go unanswered..

My eyes widened. "What? Of course not! Ok maybe that was a bad comparison. Of course you aren't evil Nikki~. Even though the scientists were." I added as an after thought. I tugged on a piece of my hair and winced. That was a really bad comparison. He looked panicked when he turned around. I looked at the edges of the window. Obviously cleanliness isn't a priority. Ewww.

I Laughed. "Well of course Nikki, I got that the moment I got here." I joked. He seemed very avid about not being controllable. Then, of course I probably was too. I nodded in agreement. "Maybe they would want to shove a bunch of information in our brain and see how it affects our hearts." Maybe, Maybe, Maybe. They probably just want to give us a bunch of drugs and see how quickly it kills us. Perhaps they even didn't care if it did.

I laughed. "I suppose it would be quite obvious. And I did walk in here on my own. Maybe for a while to the outside view I look completely normal." I suggested. "It was just the little fireeee thing." Maybe they gave collars to everyone here. That would be interesting. At least when they started to see if anything happened. I gave a large smile. "Sorry for confusing you. I should probably just stop asking questions." I commented.

Nikki looked up, pausing as the red-head spoke. Inhaling, he regained himself and smiled. “Mhm! Though, I don’t think the scientists are evil, just curious in a not-so-good way.” He snickered, tapping his feet as he did a small jump.

“Perhaps. It just.. doesn’t make sense. Why would they want to see their own subjects have mood swings?” Thinking for a moment, Nikki gasped, bringing his fist onto his hand. “Blink-blink!” He held his hand over his head, curling and uncurling his fingers as if to flash them, much like a lightbulb. “Idea! What if the lab-coats are trying to see our reactions to those said thoughts? Kind of like a few moments ago, when-” His jaw fell open, and he stopped talking. Why would the lab-coats do that to him? Had he done something wrong? Well, besides being snappy and childish. And irritating. And energetic. And demanding-
Perhaps he should stop thinking about that.

With a tilt of his head and a snort, the pink-haired male narrowed his eyes. “A little fire? Pfft! Adorable,” He joked, swaying a hand at Little Red. “But, in all seriousness, you do look normal from first glance. But what’s so exciting about being normal~?”

With a small laugh, the cat-like figure did a small spin while clasping his hands together. “Don’t worry about it. I don’t mind the questions and wonders at all. It’s intriguing, mhm!” He hummed, glimpsing at the door with a weak grin. Returning his gaze back to Little Red, he fully smiled, attempting to hide his worry.

"Maybe.." I said considering his theory about curiosity. "However that is like humans treating animals poorly-I'm not saying we're animals" I said quickly. "But, for example I mean animals in a circus are often treated very poorly ya' know? In fact, and I don't know why I'm mentioning artificial intelligence, but imagine humans making something human like, something even smarter than humans, something with the power to wipe out all humans, and then treating it as less than one. Sub-par. That’s what we are trying to do with AI if you think about it.” I paused. “Honestly, I think about AI a lot. I think I wanted to be an AI engineer.” I confided.
“You know, I suppose they would want to see how it affected us. They are watching.” I said pointing to the camera. “And they do run tests on us apparently. So why wouldn’t this be one of them? There’s no reason that they wouldn’t want to do that.”
My brain sparked. “Oooh Nikki can anyone here turn invisible? I’ve always wanted to turn invisible. Then I could avoid all conversation and just be like ‘Yeah I have to go’ turn a corner and be gone. Or maybe teleport would be preferable but only if it didn’t make a loud sound like in Harry Potter.”
I considered his statement. “Normality is overrated.” I agreed. “I’d never want to be normal, especially if the alternative is setting my body on fire.” I said. “I absolutely love fire. Have you ever sat and stared at a fire flicker for like 3 hours?” I gasped. “Am I a pyro? Or am I just a pyro by default?”
“I’m really not bothering you? Sometimes physical interaction can really wear me out. Like make me exhausted. I used to have these socks that read ‘Leave me alone I’m introverting.’ They really spoke to me.” I joked.

He tapped his chin, tilting his head with a somewhat serious expression. “Mhm- You have a good point. They could just be using our memories or thoughts to boil up any emotions, force us to release said emotions through our ‘gifts’, and then treat us like we have no power at all.” Adrion furrowed his brows. “Oh- well. Who knows, mhm? The lab-coats are confusing sometimes. Who understands their nerdy talk, anyways?”

Well, for one, he would.

Once the camera was gestured to again, Nikki whipped around and glared at it, as if trying to make it crumple in half without making contact with it. Snarling quietly, he snapped back to focus, deciding to recover by sticking his tongue out at the device. He turned back to Red. “Invisible? The only person I’ve seen who can turn invisible is..” He held his tongue, blinking before cutting himself off. “Actually, I haven’t seen anyone, mhm.. Ha!” He snorts, recovering quickly. “See what I did there?”

“Maybe? I mean, I think it’s alright- for you- to be a pyromaniac, isn’t it? You were born with the ability to set fire to things, so I don’t think it makes you a pyro. But, on the other hand, I guess it would? But, really, I think it would mean you’re a pyro by default.”

“Nah. I enjoy speaking with others, and this-” He gestures to both of them by swaying his hand back and forth. “-is the most I’ve spoken to anyone this month.” He would’ve said year, but then he’d be lying. He can strike up conversations with the wall and talk for hours. Wait- Did that make him delusional or insane? He shivered, hoping it didn’t.

I smiled. I had thought it was a good point. "Conspiracy~" I joked. "Anyway, they are pretty confusing. It's not like they had a 'welcome' sign that told me exactly what was going on. And it's very unlikely that they would tell us anything that goes on in the future. We are probably simply below that to them. However I find it quite rude. We are still alive." I gently tugged on a piece of hair. "Nerdy talk? I used to be called a nerd but I never wanted to be scientist. So that probably doesn't help."

I almost laughed at the maliciousness that he looked at the camera with. He looked like a demon ready to destroy anything good. And then I did laugh at his joke, right before I groaned. "Dang it. I've always loved the stupidest puns. Why wouldn't the jungle animals play poker with the cheetah? Because he was a cheeta'" I almost laughed at my own joke. I was terrible with puns.

"I mean I hope so. I've never like burne- purposefully burned something down. I guess I could live with being a pyro by default. Although honestly, maybe I am a little obsessed with fire. But that is a given. I mean I would be obssessed with water if I could spurt water out of my hands I suppose."

I tilted my head a little bit at that comment and gave a little laugh. "You are lucky you are extroverted. When you aren't, then you can literally live inside of a hole with some books, food and water, with no one to talk to. Although I suppose after a while you would go insane. But still. Most of them wouldn't have a problem with it." I paused for a moment. "And that's a long time to not talk to anyone. Really."

“I mean, you didn’t hear this from me, but-” Nikki leaned forward, cupping his hands over his mouth as he continued to whisper. “-there was a ‘revolution’ being planned a few years earlier. We- the subjects- were going to put our weakest in the front, the strongest in the middle, and the youngest in the back, and we were planning on marching through the halls of the lab and overpowering the scientist. Originally, I was going to be the lead, seeing as I can do nothing but transform into a kitten and hold my head high, but.. The scientist seemed to figure out what we were doing.”

Nikki shuddered, closing his eyes tightly as he told the next part of his story. “The subjects knew what was going to happen if we didn’t do something. They were going to.. Get rid of some of us- the sick and the old- and seperate the rest. The lab-coats couldn’t risk their guinea pigs getting ill or anything of the such, so they were going to..” His voice trailed off. “Anywho, some of the subjects were related or close to the elders or the sick, and we didn’t want to see them go so easily. So, we tried standing up for ourselves, but.. It.. it didn’t work.” He took a deep breath. “The lab-coats found out I was the lead, and they refused to release me from my pen until I told them exactly what was going on. Seeing as I didn’t talk, they started slowly ripping me from what I enjoyed. My pen was empty, I received no food, they stripped me from my ability to speak. So, when they left me alone for two weeks, I had changed. I was desperate.”

“So, I told them everything.”

“Of course, it ruined our ‘revolution’, but it did show the lab-coats we could easily overthrow them if we wished.” Nikki nodded, opening his eyes again. “The point is; we’re alive, and we’re equal. The only reason they want us to feel low is due to the fact we can get rid of them without hesitation.”

He shook his head, also trying to shake the memories from his mind. The cat-like figure lowered his hands and did a small twirl. At Red’s joke, he snorted and raised an eyebrow. “Pfft! Puns make everything better, I think.”

“I mean, to be honest, some breeds of cats are frightening-” He gasped. “-and so are dogs.” Shivering, he smiled jokingly. “But, anywho, it doesn’t mean I have ailurophobia, right? I just tend to avoid some other cats from instinct, and you have an instinct to project flames from your hands. Kind of like Spider-man with his webs or whatever.” He snickered quietly, flashing another grin.

“Mhm. True,” The pink-haired male nodded before laughing softly. “I don’t think I could go for long without speaking to anyone- or anything, for that matter.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Labratory

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus