Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Labratory

Adrion Nichoelos-Nisutki (played by AmberShades)

Placing his front paws on the ground once again, Nikki tilted his head with a blink of his eyes. Drawing a quick breath, he was human in a matter of seconds, waving his hands at the smoke to clear it. The muzzle was still tightened around his head and ruffling his fuscia pink hair, but it wasn't as effective when he wasn't a cat. The muzzle was wrapped around his nose and mouth, but he could just barely speak. With poked lips so the metal of the muzzle wouldn't bother him, he smiled weakly. "I didn't think they would put it on me again, but I also thought that about the shock collar." Aimlessly, Nikki was attempting to remove the metal bother from his face, but it wouldn't budge. His hands flew to the back of his head, and he tried taking it off from there, but there was a miniature lock placed around a hook. With a faint blush at her next words, he chuckled. "Pfft- Thank you, in that case. And, no worries about.. this. I'll get it off soon enough. I think." His feline-like nails were picking at the lock's screws, and he could feel it loosening somewhat.

"No problem, Little Red. Though, I'll try to get more information about the schedule over the time. It won't take long, of course, but y'know how things are when I ask questions." The male gave a small laugh, the muzzle feeling loose enough that he could possibly slip out of it. Trying to take it off, it squished his face in the process and scratched the brim of his nose. Finally getting it over and off of his head, he threw it across the room. "Ha!" He smiled victoriously, turning back to face Red with jazz hands. "Ta-da!"

It took him a minute to realize he had been called a friend, and, when he did, he paused and gasped. "Wait! What did-" Nikki didn't finish his sentence before he laughed, twirling in a circle. Playfully, he lowered his voice and acted like someone on the news. "Adrion Nichoelos-Nisutki, the all time, most powerful cat of..-" He blinked. Where was this place, again? "-of the lab! Making friends and defeating scientist- only with two front paws and a bell!" Jokingly, he puckered his lips with a nod, ringing his bell by tapping it. He clapped afterwards, turning back to Little Red. "Pfft! Well, friends or not friends, I have decided I am willing to help you!" Nikki smiled at her, holding his hands above his chest. Maybe he wasn't as lonely as he sometime thought.
Red Foxe (played by RedPandaF0x) Topic Starter

He turned human once again, and I concluded that it wasn’t very useful for the scientists to place a muzzle on him, as it was off again in a couple of moments. I stood straight and watched him as he finished taking off the muzzle. It scratched his nose which seemed uncomfortable, but less uncomfortable than the muzzle still being on. He mentioned the shock collar and I briefly wondered if my collar had the ability to shock me too. Most likely I would doubt any didn't unless they had some

When he told me he would try to get more information about the schedule, I felt relieved and said “Thanks for the schedule thing. It means a lot.” I was more nervous about this schedule than I normally am about anything. I gave a small smile looking at the pale faced pink-haired Nikki in front of me. Again, I fidgeted slightly confused on the problem.

I laughed as he made a joke about being the all-time cat. It was funny and it felt nice that he maybe thought of me as a friend too. I run a hand through my hair quick from the middle of the pony and down. I got about ½ an inch before it completely stopped moving. I grimaced glaring at my hair. “Sometimes I hate my hair I only really like it when it’s behaving.” I joke. I smile again. This was nicer than I had felt in the last couple months.

He turned human once again, and I concluded that it wasn’t very useful for the scientists to place a muzzle on him, as it was off again in a couple of moments. I stood straight and watched him as he finished taking off the muzzle. It scratched his nose which seemed uncomfortable, but less uncomfortable than the muzzle still being on. He mentioned the shock collar and I briefly wondered if my collar had the ability to shock me too. Most likely I would doubt any didn't unless they had some electrical affinity.

When he told me he would try to get more information about the schedule, I felt relieved and said “Thanks for the schedule thing. It means a lot.” I was more nervous about this schedule than I normally am about anything. I gave a small smile looking at the pale faced pink-haired Nikki in front of me. Again, I fidgeted slightly confused on the problem.

I laughed as he made a joke about being the all-time cat. It was funny and it felt nice that he maybe thought of me as a friend too. I run a hand through my hair quick from the middle of the pony and down. I got about ½ an inch before it completely stopped moving. I grimaced glaring at my hair. “Sometimes I hate my hair I only really like it when it’s behaving.” I joke. I smile again. This was nicer than I had felt in the last couple months.

Nikki wiped his sleeve across the scratch, crossing his eyes in attempt to see it. With a huff and focusing his gaze once again, he shrugged with a smile. "No problem! And, no lie, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!" He clasped his hands together, tilting his head to the right. "Besides, we all get a bad hair day every once in a while!" He laughed lightly, swaying side to side. He began humming quietly, closing his eyes as he did a small twirl. Turning back to face Little Red, he sighed. "I wished they allowed us to listen to music, mhm! That would make not seem as.. boring as it already is." He squinted, then gasped. "Braids~! You would look good in braids!" He winked at her, continuing to spin aimlessly until he bumped into the wall with a small thump.

Nikki blinked in surprise, as if not expecting the wall to be there. Nonetheless, he was quick to get on his feet again, doing a front walkover to keep himself entertained. "Though, I might not get the schedule today, due to the fact I've already bothered the scientist enough." He snorted. "There was this one time I was almost released." After doing a small spin to complete the walkover, he was quickly facing the opposite direction and speaking to Red once again. "And it was all because the lab-coats couldn't take my stubbornness anymore! They said, and I quote-" Nikki placed his hands on his hips, which were swaying as he walked. He pretended to flip his hair and, in order to continue speaking, spoke with a interpretation of a woman's voice. " 'Who has time for this? He won't sit still for a second! Ugh! Why can't we just.. chuck him in the wild and leave him there? Maybe he'd get along with the monkeys.' " He paused, seeming genuinely hurt by the recalling of one of the lab-coat's comments.

"Y'know, that would've been something." The cat-like figure clicked his tongue, keeping his hands on his hips but losing the voice. "I mean, to just be released in the wild. Pfft! Who am I kidding! I wouldn't have made it for a minute! There's no coffee there!"

I giggled at his compliment of my hair. “Thank you very much! I typically love it, but it hasn’t been washed in forever and unfortunately it’s retaliating.” I watched Nikki dance around and at his comment about braids, immediately sat down and started braiding my red hair. It would be nice enough to get it out of my way for a while anyway. I didn’t particularly favor pony tails but they had worked for my purpose. However, braids were something I loved. I watched as he quietely bumped into the wall and stifled a laugh. It wouldn’t be very nice if I laughed at his misfortune but still, I smiled at him.

I noted that he was very flexible and seemed to do gymnastics to keep himself entertained. I laughed as he mentioned he was almost released due to stubbornness and remembering the humorous scene from earlier where he annoyed the scientist quite efficiently I wasn’t surprised. I admired his walkover and remembered when I had tried to join the gymnastics. I couldn’t do literally anything and I became annoyed too quickly. I was impressed he could do them so easily.”I used to attempt to do walkovers you know. I never could. I just wasn’t ment to be flexible I suppose.”

I laughed at his imitation of a female scientist who he had evidently annoyed in his time here. I was curious why he didn’t want to be released into the wild, besides coffee. I would do anything to get there. “Why wouldn’t you want to be in the wild? You wouldn’t be here at least right? Isn’t that what you want?”

"Mhm! The lab-coats allow us to take showers every once in a while. They don't want us looking like animals, but feeling like one is apparently alright with them." Nikki shook his head, scoffing. Taking note of the sudden braiding of hair, the feline figure faintly blushed. He smiled at her laughter about the scientist's comment, and nodded. "It's true! I was this close! If it weren't for the voting- yes, they actually had to vote- I wouldn't still be here."

He turned to her at her mention of flexibility. "Oh? You were in gymnastics? Or tumbling?" He blinked. "They're practically the same thing. Just gotta be more flexible in one sport than the other." He shrugged with a smile, placing his heads on his head. "Truth be told, I was never allowed to join anything my parents considered 'girly'. I was actually a cross-country athlete for a short amount of time. But, since I'm not one who can listen very easily, I joined dance a year later. Oh, how old was I..? Thirteen or fourteen?" He rolled back his shoulders, swaying once again. "Hm. Can't remember. But, do tell me about yourself! I know I can talk an awful lot, especially when it comes to myself." Nikki snickered at himself. "But, I would love to here about you, mhm! For starters.. Do you have any hobbies? Besides setting your hair on fire and waltzing into strange buildings?" He joked, sticking his tongue out for a moment before grinning.

Nikki stepped forward, but froze completely at her next question. His eyes went wide, but, besides that, he didn't make any movements. How was he supposed to answer that question? Swallowing, Nikki finally lifted his chin to meet her eyes. "You're right.. I wouldn't be here," He inhaled, slowly lowering himself into sitting position and crossing his legs, "but everyone else still would. Red, I don't even understand how much I want to leave, but I understand that everyone else wants out of here just as badly. I may be energetic and a little insane, sure-" He nodded in agreement with himself. "-but I have a mind, at times. And I know it wouldn't be fair to leave everyone here just because I can push the lab-coat's buttons." Closing his eyes, Adrion inhaled. "I don't know why I do it, mhm. Annoy the scientist so much, I mean. Yes, I know what they're doing is wrong, but they're just doing there job, aren't they? I mean, look at us! We're different. We're not human. They find that special, but the way they research us is not right. But, that leads me back to the same question; if I know what they're doing is important, why bother them about it so much? I guess its because everyone else is too afraid to even laugh, so I make myself look ridiculous so they can." The male ducked his head. "I couldn't just leave, even if I wanted to. So, saying this, you might ask, then what were you doing before, Nick? I'll admit, I was trying to escape, but I promised myself I would come back. I mean, of course, most of the subjects here hate the way I am and act, or the fact I just talk non-stop, but I can at least see them smile every so often, right?"

He sighed, but managed a weak grin after a sad laugh. "Look at me, acting all serious. Not like my personality, is it? Pfft. Sometimes, I surprise myself."

I felt relieved at being able to shower. Even if I didn’t get to brush my hair showering sounds much better. My hair has this tendency to knot itself together. I grimace. I smiled at Nikki’s comment. “Wow, they must really hate you out here.” I joke. “A vote? They must have been very serious about getting rid of you.” I smile at Nikki. “And it was Gymnastics. However, for that you also require balance and I also seem to fail at that as well.”

I found it sad that he was never allowed to join anything ‘girly’. I was allowed to join any sports I wanted, not that I loved sports at all, but I was still allowed to join them. I paused tilting my head, considering. “Hobbies?” I stalled racking my head. “I played piano. Didn’t every parent make their child play piano? However, I had kept playing piano and I got to that point where only the people who were really passionate about it and liked it, were still in it. All the kids who didn’t want to be in it were gone. I suppose I really did like piano. I had plenty of time for it too. I wasn’t in any sports, besides gymnastics and that was for a couple months, and I didn’t really have any friends.” I flushed. “We had a rocky mountain a couple miles back from where we lived and I would go there and practice with fire. It was very warm most of the year.”

As soon as I asked the question, I silently scolded myself. His reaction was so intense that it made me pause and think if I could have asked something else instead. He looked up at me and sat down. After listening, I thought I understood at least mostly. “I think I understand. You want to be gone from here but you want everyone else to be gone from here too.” I slowed my words emphasizing on the syllables. “You would rather be in here than gone from here with no one else.” He sounded like he was rather lonely. It made me sad.

I laugh in response to his weak one. I attempt to lighten the mood by asking, “How old are you? Also, what’s your favorite color, and what’s your sexuality?” Whenever I ask about sexualities I attempt to throw it in casually so I don’t single it out and make it seem like a big deal.

Putting a smile back on his expression, Nikki giggled. "They were very, very serious! If I was one-of-kind-" He jokingly made a heart in the air around his face, using his hands. "-they would've kicked me to the curb! Can you believe that, Little Red? A gift was the thing that saved me! I never thought that would happen, oh no." He nodded at her next statement, smiling. "Pfft! I don't believe in failure, to be honest! I like to say it's unfinished success, mhm! If you're not failing every now and then, it's a sign you're not doing anything very.. innovative, y'know?" Giggling again, he shrugged and rose to his feet.

"Oh? Piano? That's interesting! My parents wouldn't allow me to lay a hand on our piano, let alone any other instruments we had in the house. Nope! Perhaps I can get you a keyboard or something close to go in that rather empty pen of yours, hm?" He was half-joking, but considering doing that for her. Why not? He had said it himself, music would not make it seem as boring, this terrible place he practically lived in! Nikki shuddered. Practically lived in here? That.. was scary to think about, if he was honest.. "Mountain ranges.. Oh skies." He blinked, holding a hand over his mouth. He couldn't imagine his stuck-up, snobbish parents letting him get close to one of those rocky figures, let alone put a bare foot in the dirt. "Well, as I heard from my... friends-" What friends? The one who had left him after Nikki told him about his so-called gift? "-had always called me a 'pure city boy'." He snorted. "And, thinking of it now, I probably was- well, am. Though, I would enjoy attempting going for a hike or seeing a mountain in person, sometime."

"Mhm. I despise it when people are treated like this just because they're different. It's wrong. If they, the lab-coats, wanted information, you would think they would just ask, couldn't they?" He huffed. "I'll never know. No matter how many times I ask, they'll just continue with their busy life." Nikki perked up, scratching the back of his head. "Well, I'm eighteen, at the moment. Favorite color? Gold, no doubt! I would dye my hair blonde, but the color wouldn't go well with my pale appearance." He laughed at himself quietly. "Hm.. Not quite sure.. Does that sound silly? I mean, there was that one time I thought I had a crush on a guy in my class, but then I had a girlfriend once, as well. Ehm.." He shrugged. "But, the same questions go to you! Mhm!"

I laughed at his metaphor of failure to unfinished success. I agreed nodding. “I know, but it’s most likely that it will forever be unfinished, due to the fact that I am not interested in doing it ever again.” I whisper almost confidentially. “I was really terrible at it.” I giggled and sat down on the floor of my pen. I crossed my legs and uncrossed them again. Clasping my hands together and unclasping them.
I laughed. “I’m trying to imagine you playing my piano. It was a rather lovely one. It was a grand piano and it was a dark black.” I reflected. “I suppose if it wasn’t a dark black it would be gray. I practiced it almost religiously. You know once I played one of the keys so hard I broke it and I had to pay to get it fixe-” The piano I coincidentally burnt to ashes. My voices petered out and I tried to continue. “fixed.” I started again, tilting my head down to look at the floor. “My parents weren’t so happy with me.” I continued in a weak tone.
I shook my head and broadcasted a happy voice, looking back up at him. “Yep, mountain ranges! They were beautiful. I could hike for hours as long as I didn’t let my food get cold when I got back.” It was nice. “I miss them in a way. But in another way, I don’t. I knew every part of the mountains. It would have been nice to get a change of scenery. Maybe the ocean? No, probably not maybe a forest? I like forests they are very nice.” I stopped. I was rambling. I didn’t attempt to stand up again. “I believe I’m 17.” I shook my head. “I’m not sure of the date, so I can’t tell if it’s changed or not.” I considered my favorite color. “Hmm, black probably.” I gave a weak laugh. “It makes me sound depressed or something, but it really goes with everything. I could wear it with any color. Even dark gray I loved.” I paused. My sexuality? “I’m either bi-sexual or pan-sexual. I’ve heard they are basically the same thing but the little differences matter to people. I know I develop feelings for both females and males though.” I give off a smile.

Nikki snorted at her response. "Well! At least you tried, right? Terrible or not, that's an accomplishment!" He watched her sit, fidgeting as if she didn't know how she wanted to position herself. "Oh please! I couldn't play an instrument if I wanted to. Besides being as stubborn as a bull, I can also be very impatient, and, as you know, I can hardly stay still for more than five minutes." As he spoke, his rolled back his shoulders, also taking a seat once again. He kept his fingers drumming against the floor. "But it's a shame to hear about the piano. It takes a lot of focus to break a key." He joked, grinning at Little Red. Nikki had noticed the way her voice cracked, and the pain that had crossed her expression as she stuttered and stumbled on her words, so he tried to make her smile, at least.

Nodding, he agreed. "Forests are rather pretty, though I don't I could ever leave the city for more than a week. Heck! For the first few months I was here, I had to ask the lab-coats for what they called 'annoying noises', but, really, it was just the sound of cars honking and people chattering. I had gotten so used to the noises of the streets, I had forgotten what silence was! And to think I could sleep without it!" He seemed to rather enjoy the memory of the city, even if it had its downs- or, rather, non-stop bustling. The pink-haired male listened when she spoke, nodding somewhat. "Pfft! No way! Black is a suiting color, and it does go with everything. Besides, with the red hair and everything, it would fit you best." He grinned. "If I had to guess, I would say I'm bisexual, but.. that's still being decided." He offered a small shrug, puckering his lips out of habit. Holding out and up his arms, he exhaled. "It's kind of quiet today, actually. It's strange. I can't put a paw on it, but something seems different." Perhaps it was the fact that Little Red and Nikki had been chatting for what felt like forever, in a good way, or maybe it was something else. He wasn't quite sure..

I smiled. “I bet you could play an instrument If you were taught to. I mean I’ve been doing it for years. It just takes practice.” I tilt my head as I laugh at his joke. “Yeah, it was the only time I’ve hurt my piano.” Depends on your definition. I smiled back at Nikki. I wasn’t surprised when he said he wouldn’t want ot leave the city. “I was a little fond of the city but I preferred wilderness instead. I suppose if I went to the city, I wouldn’t be able to sleep. I might have to wear noise-canceling headphones.” I joked.

I hadn’t thought about it but it was quiet. I assumed it was always quiet around here. Apparently not. “Is it usually loud? I assumed this was normal. Maybe something is different. Although the only thing different is probably me being here.” This brought my attention to something else. “How often do ‘subjects’ come in here? How often are they captured?” I asked. Curious about how many subjects came in here. “What do you think is different?” I questioned. “It’s just quieter?”

He chuckled. "Most visitors of the city have to. The noise is 'unsettling and disturbing their rest', as they say." Nikki shrugged with a small snicker. "Besides, I'm startled to easily, at times, and the silence of the wilderness wouldn't help." With a yawn, the male looked around the dimly lit room aimlessly, his eyes searching for.. something. Perhaps not something, but more of anything.

"Nah.. It's not usually loud, but its not usually this quiet, either." Nikki stood up, glancing over his shoulder. "You're right.. sort of. From what I know, you're the only thing that caused a stir around here, but it settled quite.. quickly." At the red-headed woman's next question, the cat-like figure turned back to face her. "Whenever the lab-coats seem to find them, Little Red. I would personally guess two to three new people per month, since the building is rather small in size, and the scientists struggle to find many people like us. Especially since there's rumors that they will eventually end us in this place, and people stopped ratting out others. But, rumors are just rumors." He blinked, hoping he was right. He didn't know where the line stood between rumor and truth with these words, and they frightened him, nonetheless. Nikki shrugged once again in response to her next query. "Maybe it's the fact someone's talking to me, instead of me talking endlessly to them. But, something just feels.. different. I'll know it when I know it, hm?" Which he was hoping was soon..

I paused looking over my shoulder. I felt eerie. I wasn’t sure why but I shivered. I attempted to take my mind off of trying to think about… whatever I was thinking about. I wasn’t even sure I wanted to know. I thought of Nikki in his cat form. I smiled. My mind wondered if his fur was soft as a cat. I flushed, hoping he hadn’t noticed. That was considered an intrusive thought right? I paused. I tried to take my mind off of that too. I stole a quick look at Nikki. Then I wandered around my cell. It really was empty. I wandered to my bed and pressed down on it. Very uncomfortable. I spun around looking for anything to focus on. The cell door. I walked over and put a hand on it. I immediately retracted it. The metal was freezing. A sound in my throat started uncomfortably. I wasn’t sure what it was but I shoved it down. There was a small window that allowed me to see into the hallway. It was narrow and it looked like it was almost completely made of metal. I shivered again and then sighed.

I went back to the window between Nikki’s and my cell. I sat on the ground with my legs crossed and my hands in my lap. “So, do you often talk to other subjects? Do they not respond?” I considered. “I wonder if they think it’s better to not get involved with anyone else. Maybe they want to play the game so they can end it and go away.” I wondered if I should consider playing the game the scientists set up for me. No. Definitely not. I was not going to go along with what they wanted. They didn’t have to know I wasn’t going to play nice but I definitely wasn’t. I could pretend for now. “Does anyone else ever talk back?” My mind glanced back to the bed. There was a very thin blanket sitting on it. I decided it was better than nothing and retrieved it draping it around my back. “Nikki, how long have you been here?” I asked.

As Nikki watched Little Red aimlessly wander around the room, he noticed how she had recoiled from the door rather quickly, as if it had pained her to touch it. “Are you alright?!” He had kept to his feet, eyes wide. as she approached him again, he puffed out his lips. “I’ll make sure to be annoying this afternoon. Perhaps it’ll count as payback for the scientist. But, that besides the point, are you okay, Red?” Returning to sit down, he listened as she asked a handful of queries.

“Little Red, as you know, I have a talkative mindset, and I tend to stir up a daily dose of more than ten thousand words per day— which, might I say, is more than the average person’s five thousand words.” He shrugged with a smile. Despite acting childish at times, Nikki was surprisingly intelligent. “Anywho! I do tend to start a conversation with anyone and everyone near me, hence why I began speaking to you without a worry you would kill me—” He paused. “—which was probably a little dumb, on my half.. Anyways! They don’t often respond verbally, but I always seem to manage to see a smile or at least hear a snicker. But they fear the lab-coats, so they don’t always.. talk. There was this one kid though, and he was—” A shiver traveled down his spine, and his face drained with color. He froze for a couple of moments, seemingly lost in his own thoughts. Drowning in them, preferably. It was like he couldn’t push past the waves to reach the surface, and the water was helplessly foggy…

His voice cracked at Little Red’s next question, inhaling as he struggled to gather his focus. “Three years, not exactly considering tomorrow would make it three and a half.”

I glanced over at Nikki with anxious eyes. “Yes, I’m alright. Are all the doors metal? Mine is freezing.” I stole another glare at the door. Stupid as it was an inanimate object. I sighed. “I really don’t like cold. Perhaps obviously. It seems to affect me more than normal people, although how I would know I’m not entirely sure.” I kept my expression indifferent. “I don’t interact with people at lot. I’m not particularly social.” I thought back on people I used to interact with. “I used to have a ‘bestie’. She was terrible. She only cared about popularity and would be annoyed at me for sitting in a corner reading. I used to like to read a lot. Are there books in here?” I asked. I was touched that he cared so much. I wondered if I was rambling again. I frowned quickly. “Except for you I suppose. But then again you did kind of throw yourself into my life.” I said matter-of-factly. “Was that rude? I don’t mean to be rude but sometimes I am.”

I smiled at his knowledge. “I like little random facts like that. Did you know if you bang your head against the wall for an hour you burn 150 calories?” I laughed. “I wouldn’t try to kill anyone least of all you, you seemed friendly enough from the beginning. But then, again how would you know that? I suppose that does make it a little dumb on your part.” I paused again trying to think. I pulled the blanket tighter around me. It wasn’t doing much. I observed Nikki as he froze and became paler than before. I tried to understand what he was thinking but I couldn’t think of anything to finish the sentence. I didn’t pursue it further. I instead focused on his next comment. “Three and a half years?” I asked, noting how he was keeping track. “I can’t imagine….” I broke off on my sentence. He seemed to be struggling. I wished I could help him but didn’t see any way I could.

“So are there any ‘social events’ around here? Or just the occasional lunch together?” I asked doing finger quotations and changing the subject rather fluently. I was used to avoiding touchy subjects. I tilted my head at Nikki as I considered and hoped he was all right. I didn’t want to bring it up for fear of him realizing I realized something was wrong.

"Metal doors.. Mhm! It keeps most of us from escaping, but there are quite a few who could easily flee if they truly wanted to. But- that besides the point- all the doors are freezing. I'm sure the lab-coats don't care if we're cold or if we're hot, just if we're alive." The cat-like figure rose to his feet, stretching. He seemed to return to his normal state and/or personality, which wasn't unusual. He wasn't bipolar, of course, he just owned a 'clicky' or 'on-and-off' personality. "I'm not quite social either, I just have a love for talking, mhm!" He smiled. "We all had friends once, fake or not. Even I had that one person who would leave me in a heartbeat for a stack of money- little or plenty." His eye seemed to twitch after saying this, but he was pacing back and forth, so he didn't know if Little Red could possibly see it. He snorted at her next statement, turning his head to face her with a grin. "Indeed, I did! Pfft! It's my job to make myself known to newcomers, let alone anyone who stands within these walls. And- no- it wasn't rude or irritating of any sorts. You kind of get used to it after hearing so many insults. They kind of just.. reflect off of you, mhm!"

"Oh- And there are books here. Those are the one in handful of things the lab-coats don't mind handing out. Sure, they want to keep use here, but, on the other hand, they still want us to be normal. In a.. different kinda way." Nikki shrugged lightly, spinning in a small circle.

"Woah- Wait- Really? Is that why the other guy was banging his head on the wall a few weeks ago..?" Adrion tapped his chin, brows furrowed. "Oh, well! He was strange, and he didn't talk. At all. So, I'll never know, mhm! And, yes, I know I shouldn't have burst into your room like so, but, in my defense, I thought it was the door to a hallway!" He laughed at himself, tilting his head in return with a smile. "But, mhm! Three and a half. I don't mind it as much as I did back when I first arrived, but the lab-coats do catch me off-guard every once in a lifetime." Smile, turn away when feeling the tears, recover, repeat. Nikki turned quickly, attempting to disguise the movement of wiping a tear with a small ballerina-like twirl. "I'm not saying I got used to this- oh no- but I suppose it's not.. absolutely terrible. I mean, there's this one scientist girl who is really nice, but she works with the chemicals and stuff, so I don't get to see her often."

"Oh! Lunchtime! Mhm! Best time of the day, I tell you! But, the only gatherings around here would be at lunch, of course, and the thirty minute break or whatever in the yard. It's not much, but at least it's something, right?" He turned again, but, instead of spinning and landing normally, he swayed and ducked into a roll until he reached his destination. Sitting in front of Little Red again, Nikki tilted his head and rose his hand, pawing at the itchy area behind his ear.

I frowned. I cared if I was cold or not. It mattered to me. My distaste for the scientists grew. I furrowed my nose. “Are there some people who don’t want to leave? Why wouldn’t they if they coul-” I broke off remembering why Nikki didn’t want to leave and looked at my feet guiltily. “Sorry.” I coughed. “I suppose I enjoy speaking as well. I don’t practice it a lot though, and I’m used to not speaking however much I enjoy it.” I thought about his next words carefully. “You speak to everyone that comes in here?” I asked with wide eyes. I looked at him with sad eyes. “I hate those people. They simply want to be there for not who you are but what you can give them.” I wondered how terrible his life had been before this. It could only have gotten worse once he came in here.

My eyes lit up. “They really have books? Do they give out any books?” I wondered when the next time would be appropriate to ask about it to one of the scientists. I tried not to look too excited. Maybe they would be out. Maybe they wouldn’t give me any. I hoped I could keep the spark out of my eye. I tried to set myself up for disappointment.

I laughed. “I suppose from the outside view it might look like a hallway.” A thought barged it’s way into my head. “Wait. I hadn’t made this connection before. You were trying to escape when you ran into my room? I assume they don’t let you wander around looking for hallways.” I joked. My mind wandered to his next statement. “We get to hang around outside? Fresh air sounds nice. Especially since it’s still summer.” I was hoping I would get to feel warm air again soon. Something seemed a little odd about his fun little ballerina twirl but I tried not to linger on it.
I heard a loud ‘clank’ from the hallway.

I quickly stood up, my blanket falling off me and plodding to the ground, and rushed to the window to look. There was nothing there. “What?” I muttered. I was so sure I had heard something. Hesitantly I walked back to my blanket and sat down again, looking confused.

"Well, of course the subjects inside the room would care. That's all they can do, at the moment! Besides wonder. Wondering can take you in all sorts of directions." Adrion Nichoelos-Nisutki shuddered, lowering his arm. Though, he only sadly smiled when she cut herself off. "If they could, I'm not sure if most would. Some of use couldn't be stable on our own, after living here for so many years. To be honest, I don’t even think I could just be thrown back into the city without a little help at first.” He shrugged, knowing what he said was more than likely true.

Grinning, he nodded, as if this was an accomplishment. “Yup! Everyone that enters! Most people know my name, and the bright pink hair isn’t difficult to recognize.” He joked, smiling.

The cat-like figure tried to hide his reaction to her next statement. Despite a shimmer of pain glistening in his eyes, Nikki grinned at her exclamation about books. “Yup! Education is a good thing, and being literate is just as good. That, Little Red, may look acceptable on your record, as well.”

Nikki shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. “Well- Escape.. is a strong term to use. I was really trying to.. uhm.. depart from here. Mhm. I was coming back, of course, but I had to leave first.” He shared an awkward smile. “But, yes, we do get to go outside. It’s summer already? Strange. I hadn’t noticed that..”

When the red-head quickly stood up and checked the window before returning, Nikki scanned over his pen. He wasn’t sure what was going on, but it was unusual that someone heard something before he did. With the quality of his ears, he should have a wider and sharper range of hearing, he thought, but what does it matter? As long as the lab-coats weren’t coming to bother them, they would be fine.. Right? “You alright, Little Red?” Nikki tilted his head, raising a brow. Though, Little Red wasn’t the only one who was puzzled, he knew.

I consider his sentences. “Would it be better for new subjects to escape more than older subjects who have been here for a while? Ones, who can remember how to live independently?” I assumed this was the case, considering people who could remember how to live on your own would probably be able to survive. I wondered what would happen if I got out. I would most likely be able to still live right? I would adjust? I had only been here for less than a day. Or, how long had I slept? I glanced at his bright pink hair. “Is that a natural color?” I asked him. “Do the scientsists give you die?” I looked around my bland room again and focused back on him.

My eyes widened. “I guess they probably do keep records on us. I hadn’t thought about that.” The thought terrified me and I tried not to shiver. I hated people watching me. Especially people who I wanted to impress or not make myself a fool of in front of. For example, the scientists, don’t really care if they are impressed of me. Nikki? I didn’t want to make myself a fool in front of him. And being watched recorded all of that data. I tried to normalize my breathing patterns.

I gave myself a wide grin in response to books again. “Fun fact about me, whenever I get nervous or anxious, I usually pull out a book. Other people mostly noticed this of my first, but they were right.” I didn’t have to mention that they were the people who made fun of me for pulling out a book every time I was scared. I hated the memory and tried to refuse to let my body give myself away. I adopted a blank expression.
It was sad he hadn’t noticed it was Summer. I loved Summer. It was my favorite month. “Yes, it’s Summer. I love Summer.” I looked at him, crossing my legs again. “What’s your favorite season, Nikki?” I asked. I wanted to learn more about him. He was the only person I knew.

“Didn’t you hear that?” I asked him, tense. “I can’t have been the only one? There was like a ‘clank’.” I was so confused. “I’m so sure I heard something.” I looked at Nikki’s curious expression. I was sure mine was confused but I was also alarmed as well. I didn’t like this.

"Older subjects are more likely to fall under stress and panic compared to newer subjects. It's been tested and proven." Nikki nodded, resting his chin on his hand. "I mean, you would have a better chance of making it through the day than I would, if I was being honest." Pointing to his rosy hair, Nikki felt his cheeks blush. He hadn't been expecting that question, and it was quite random, so he didn't have an answer. "Uhm.. is it natural? Of.. of course it isn't. My natural hair color is black, and it's beginning to show in the roots, just a bit. But, anyways! They don't let me dye it expect for every five or six months, so it begins to fade after awhile. This would be- what?- month four? Mhm. I think so." He shrugs, snickering. "Besides, I don't let the lab-coats touch my hair. Did you know they were going to cut it when I first arrived? Pfft! I wouldn't let them near me! So, now, after a scratch or so, the lab-coats understand that my hair is something that should not be touched, let alone trimmed."

"Don't stress about the records, Little Red. They only keep tabs on us every once in awhile. Our daily behavior, our reaction to certain things, how much sleep we get, our reactions to other subjects, activities we enjoy, our health, how active we are.. Things like that, y'know?" Nikki didn't know what was really on the records, but he might was well guess. Besides, he had a slim chance of being right.. right? "Just the usual things. No need to worry." He flashed a smile. If anything, he still wanted to avoid Red panicking or becoming alarmed by the little things.

"Ooh! Books were always fun. Well, they seemed fun. They only book I was permitted to read were anything educational. So, consider reading a dictionary three times a day, and you have most of the book I've read." He joked lightly, chuckling at himself. "Though summer is amazing and fantastic and.. summer-y, I adore fall! I don't know why, exactly, but I kind of just think it's really beautiful."

"I.. don''t think I did, Little Red," Nikki sent a glimpse to the door anxiously. "I'm sure it's probably nothing.. for the most part. Sometimes, the lab-coats can be moving equipment, or they can be testing out a new type of technology. Don't worry about it. If anything happens, just stay calm and don't ask questions, alright? They hate it when we fight back or panic, so my advice to you is to not do that." He nodded once, his stare never leaving the doors.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Labratory

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus