Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers Discussion

Or you could just use heat sinks, of course you'd have to come out of stealth to vent the heat and radiation to avoid broiling the crew.
HRA

Anyone gonna reply to the big deal? :P

They travel in pairs, though, and if its in a fleet, they use bigger ships as the distraction. If alone, they use the enemy. In other words, they get close, and blast their heat into them, which A.) confuses the hell out of the sensors, B.) causes damage to the shields, and C.) Gives them a notice that they are going to die soon.
I just need to work out the stats for my carrier...
HRA

iSarcasm. Do you?
Ah... I love internet sarcasm in the morning...
HRA

It's better than coffee. :P

iLied. Nothing's better than coffee. Well, my girlfriend is, but hey. XD
I've always preferred tea... Hm... my English prejudices are showing again...
HRA

XD tea. Yes, tea. Only drink that when I'm feeling classy or just because. Because, why not? :P
Alonzo Topic Starter

Yeah, I expected "magic" materials LOL

But yeah, thats just something I was wondering as I was trying to figure out how to do a proper stealth ship myself. The best method Ive seen thus far, was like that of the Normandy from ME, let those heat sinks do the work, giving you that stealth for a few hours, then go and discharge.
HRA

LOLZ xD

I'd think that would be a good idea. But keep looking. Perhaps using a teleporter to send the heat eslewhere...?
Alonzo Topic Starter

Lol unfortunately, Ive placed limits into my universe, so teleportation mechanisms/machines of anything is a no go, so Id probably just go with heat sinks and super hull materials.

Funny you bring that up though. There was a few scifi stories, where they literally dumped their radiated heat into subspace/another dimension, which came back to haunt them O.O
So what's the deathtoll so far? Assuming the life-pod and the remaining strike craft are the only survivors, the total deathtoll for the destruction of the Hand of Terel is 1455, not including the HRA boarders that were killed.
Alonzo Topic Starter

In regards to? Everyone?
HRA

I got 2 million deaths
Plus however many were on the Yorktown...

I think you've lost the most people, but you also the largest population.
Alonzo Topic Starter

Yeah HRA lost the most.

I only lose a few hundred. Precious few hundred *sighs*
You have the smallest population, but I have the smallest population growth rate out of everyone.
Alonzo Topic Starter

Well that a fair point, but with only some 300 odd million humans left, a few hundred is an ouchie....
Indeed, but humanity can recover quicker from such losses than Terelains. Terelain gestation period is a full Aerain Year, which is 413 days of 27 hours long, and these children don't reach maturity for 50 of those years.
Alonzo Topic Starter

Hmm fair enough on that.

Though I cant tell you much about humanity's recovery rate...since they seem prone to interstellar wars :/

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers Discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus