Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers Discussion

The Hand never opened fire on the Bismarck. They're tying to stay neutral. the only reason they took on the Bismarck's wounded was because they felt they had a moral obligation to render aid to the wounded - no matter if the Bismarck committed war-crimes, the Terelains would render aid to their wounded, and if any are found to be involved with war-crimes they'll be handed over for trial to the relevant authorities. After they've been trated, of course.

As for the system, the Hand of Terel has got a couple of routes plotted, but it's likely they'll head for the closest possibly inhabited system. They might end up in orbit of that destroyed colony if they decide to run, in which case things might get ugly with the unwunded HRA men, since they'll be in orbit of proof that the HRA did in fact blast a civilian colony and will definetely want to incarcerate them until they can get the story straight and figure ou what to do.
HRA

You know what the Death Korps will do, right? XD
The clue's in the name. But the Terelains are very hard to surprise. Their civilisation collapsed and reformed two time when Human were still slightly surpised that they'd discovered tool-making and fire. They've been in space for sixteen thousand years and in that time they've seen a thing or two.

It's safe to say that any Terelain commaner woth his salt has a contingency for virtually any situaton that's likely to come up. Insurrection by heavily armed alien captives aboard a lightly defended diplomatic vessel in an unknown egion of space far from any and all hope of rescue or reinforcement?

There's a plan for that...
HRA

And there's an App for that, too.

Yeah, but good luck. The Death Korps is made up of men who failed the tests to become a marine. However, they only fail the last part. There's around 1,000,000 men in the Korps, but they are one helluva damn good Army. It's the 1st Imperial Guard Army, and very hard to kill. Best suited for land engagements, but they can fight inside a ship; its like city fighting.
Alonzo Topic Starter

My assumption that the Hand started to fire on the Bismarck was because of this line....

"Sir! The Bismarck just opened fire on the inbound Coalition vessel!" The sensor officer exclaimed.

"Toren take those trigger-happy idiots!" Captain Tolarim growled, "ETA on those shuttles?"

As for the inhabited system. There's no one in orbit of the planet, and I believe just about everything planet side was scorched. Well the colony was definitely wiped off the map. All thats left in system, is like a few fighters from the Valhalla that managed to escape.

Oh HRA, the Valhalla is moving pass you at near relativistic speeds, which is why the battle(s) are so short and attribute to why shes managed to slip through.

And what men? Lol. Did a set of reinforcements beam to the Time Dancer?

And poor Terel! :P Diplomacy is such a one way ticket to headaches!
The Terelains rely quite heavily on diplomacy, since they really don't like war all that much... they can fight, ad entirely annihilated the last species they went to war with, but the fact is their population takes a long time to recover from things like protracted wars... and the only wars Terelains fight are protracted wars. They tend to fight until they either totally destroy the enemy or totally destroy the enemy's capacity to wage war. Terelain wars are all about not only ending a conflict, but doin so so decisively that the enemy don't dare try again for a couple of thousand years.
Alonzo Topic Starter

Terel wrote:
The Terelains rely quite heavily on diplomacy, since they really don't like war all that much... they can fight, ad entirely annihilated the last species they went to war with, but the fact is their population takes a long time to recover from things like protracted wars... and the only wars Terelains fight are protracted wars. They tend to fight until they either totally destroy the enemy or totally destroy the enemy's capacity to wage war. Terelain wars are all about not only ending a conflict, but doin so so decisively that the enemy don't dare try again for a couple of thousand years.

Oddly enough, that sounds similar to a race I had created, who are also felinoids lol!

And Im just waiting a bit until I get a few things answered before I respond. Sort of like checking where all my pieces are. And also seeing what's the status of everyone else, especially Eon and Nokai.
Oh really? Small world I guess. The Terelains are ageless, and the canon I've built up for them states that their civilisation has collapsed twice, possibly three times with a mini-collapse as the latest major disaster.

Said collapses being; the Elder Gods enslaving them and other races, resulting in their rebellion and getting scattered into the wilderness, followed by the establishment of their capital city, an alliance of races, and the Elder Gods getting sealed away... then comes the 'First Kingdom', a golden age of technology which ends when the Elder Gods come back, pissed off in the extreme and shatter the continent, totally annihilating civilisation. Eventually they go back, form the Second Kingdom, which is destroyed thousands of years later during a war, their culture nearly wiped out and their race brought to the brink of extinction yet again... and then there's another war, they get free, build the Third Kingdom, eventually go into space and the race that enslaved them the last time ends up going to war with them for seven hundred years and gets wiped out itself.

In the end of all that, the Terelains gain an interstellar society spanning twenty eight to thirty five thousand thousand star systems... and then the other alien races appear and the Terelains decline again until, twelve thousand years later, they only have twohundred and twenty-odd starsystems to their name.

The Hand of Terel comes from the 'modern' period, meaning that by this point the Terelains are but a shadow of their former glory, tey've not had a war or any significant challenge to their civilisation for twelve thousand years and the vsst majority of society is wondering whether they should try to recapture the glory days, or just give up, quietly research more advanced technologies to prolong the lifetime of their stars and wait it out until everyone else has blown themselves up so they can start again.
Alonzo Topic Starter

The Kitt'ane as I called them, managed to only get interstellar travel a few hundred years before humans and the conflicts they had were usually clan based until the catalyst occurred. There they banded together under a sort of three tiered dynasty, with the royal bloodlines of all the original clans as the head, elected members then your workers, warriors, slaves, etc.

Its funny because when I was writing them up, I was actually looking at Egyptian mythology, and was like what if those pyramids were actually deteriorated spaceships that the "cat-gods" had humans covered when they accidentally crashed here.
Terelains are divided along lines of nobility and bloodline. Legend tells that the entire race is descended from the first mortal creation of the Elder Gods, Terel, and his wife Tara. Terel and Tara had six sons and six daughters and from them came the Terelains. There are therefore Six Bloodlines, each given a specific 'Gift' by Terel, for instancethe Taemiri were born from Terel's eldest children and they were given the Gift of Just Rule. The Taemiri are often judges, magistrates and other leadership figures, the second bloodline, the Aunidiel, were given the Gift of Wisdom and they are mostly scholars and mages, the Moralinri are the third and they are warriors, the Pelenim are craftsmen, the Rishael are merchants and the Aedrimar are muscians, actors, menial workers and the keepers of history.

Each bloodline is headed by one of the Ancient Houses, each supposedly able to trace its lineage straight back to the progenitors of the Bloodline through the purest and oldest route. The Houses of Tynian, Amaar, Morlan, Pelen, Risha and Adhar, with House Tynian being the Royal House, very closely allied with House Amaar who are traditionally the House tasked with regenting for House Tynian if the incumbent monarchs are killed or incapacitated before their children come of age.

Each House is also granted a city, the ancestral home of the Bloodline; Oberoth, the First City and the capital for House Tynian, Amra, the City of Spires, a seat of magic and learning, for House Amaar and the Four Fortress-cities that guard the passes into the ancestral Terelain homeland for the other four Houses; Der'Morlain in the West, Pelenor in the Noth, Rimni in the South and Adriand in the East. Historically House Amaar have taken the rank of Duke/Duchess whilst the other four Houses have taken the titles Archduke/Archduchess.

The Elders on board the Hand of Terel right no are Nariel Amaar-Tynian, a former Duchess of House Amaar and Queen of the Third Kingdom, and her husband Nathaniel Tynian, founder of the Third Kingdom and former King. The incumbent monarchs on the throne now are their descendants. Technically they both could be considered to be the 'back-up' royal couple in case the modern House Tynian gets wiped out somehow. They could technically rebuild House Tynian, since it descends from them. Oh, and House Amaar too I suppose.
HRA

Nodding and smiling cus I'm so damn confused
Alonzo Topic Starter

HRA wrote:
Nodding and smiling cus I'm so damn confused

Just discussing the differences we devised between our feline race(s).

And I was still waiting for a few answers lol.
HRA

Can you repeat the question? :P
Alonzo Topic Starter

Alonzo wrote:

Everyone else except the Colonel and Techs were scooped up as the ship went by the Time Dancer.

Howd/when were/did the Colonel and Techs captured from the Time Dancer and put on the Bismarck? (Seems like a lot of trouble to especially with the augmented Colonel).

I know Time Dancer is quite damaged, but what is their status? Are they trying to retreat? Are they dead in the water? Did they have a few weapons to use?
HRA

Well, I will assume that the Colonel WASN'T picked up, by the beam, or by Ascrith's doing. So, in other words, he's stranded. But I'm assuming that the Valhalla doesn't know that. :P
I've been reading all of this and o.O I'm confused as to the current situation myself, specially if wanting to join in. May I get some clarification pwease?
Alonzo Topic Starter

OH!! Ok Ok.

Yes, last they know of from the Major, was that the Lt. Colonel and the engineering guys were back on the Time Dancer. What happened afterward is up in the air, since communication with the Dancer is non-existant. Thats from the Valhalla's perspective.

From the Lt. Colonel's perspective, I'm sure he's trying to make sure that the Valhalla's teams are loaded off the Time Dancer and back to the Valhalla ASAP.

Anything else that needs clearing up? lol
That actually help yes xD Thank you. though still working on how to enter this madness. certainly enjoy just reading it all though
Alonzo Topic Starter

Well TECHNICALLY that spatial disturbance the Valhalla picked up is still there. So thats one way.
HRA

Weapons fire detected, cries for help, that sort of things.

I love how I'm teaching the guards Fizzbin... XD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers Discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus