Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers Discussion

Alonzo Topic Starter

And after Humanity's government gets their case of "satisfaction," they'll look at each other and say "Well guess we'll just go back to our corner of space. Surely they'll blow each other up in a few decades." ;p
HRA

:P We got till at least a millennium. I have no doubt about that. XD
Alonzo Topic Starter

LOL well yall can duke it out that long.

A long term war is the last thing on humanity's mind. And war in general is the last thing on the crew of the Valhalla's mind right now :'(

"He's dead Jim..."
I'm sorry for my lack of posting, especially since it was all taking place on my ship for a time :C I doubt I'll be able to catch up now and I'm sorry for my disappearance from this RP
Alonzo Topic Starter

EonRising wrote:
I'm sorry for my lack of posting, especially since it was all taking place on my ship for a time :C I doubt I'll be able to catch up now and I'm sorry for my disappearance from this RP

Its fine, and actually you can jump right back in with out much problem. I mean technically, youre ship got damaged, so its not all that hard to say, that the Dancer was basically adrift, while it was being repaired overtime.
OH GOD THE EMOTIONS!!!

Poor Cigol, at least the Captain's still alive... who wants to bet that this G'Char fellow helped him do a Stargate-style Ascension type deal on death, like Daniel Jackson?

Oh... one last thing... where'd all those fighters come from? They couldn't fit all of the Fang Interceptors and Claw Bombers in the hangar you know, not when there's a firefight going on. It's big, but not big enough to contain all that plus the HRA men and their gunships and the flaming wreckage and the Terelain marines too...

And the ones outside the hangar still have their sensors/engines/etc active, since they're not shunting all their energy towards their shields and weapons to take down those gunships...

Plus the Hand would stll detect their approach, wouldn't it? They'd open fire with their PD clusters and warn the pilots.

Fifty fighters don't just drop out of nowhere...

As for the Boarding Torpedoes... good luck with that. Terelains thrive off of defensive warfare, and their defensive technologies are pretty damn advanced... they have been spacefaring for sixteen thousand years after all. I'm not sure howold the HRA is, but isn't the Warhammer 'verse stagnant where tecnology is distrusted/hated and most people don't know how half their stuff works anymore?
Alonzo Topic Starter

Lol, Im sorry! As for "ascension" I can tell you this: What G'Char does is a one time thing and basically a thank you, from something him and the Val crew did long ago. What does he do for Cigol? :X

And I can only offer speculation and saw that maybe their were coasting cold, every since the initial alert was sent out? And perhaps thats right, the Imperials always seemed on the "If it works dont change it" run for like the last couple thousand years lol
HRA

Poor Cigol? Yeah. But no one pays attention to Ascrith or Braesk. :P

Yeah, which is why I didn't say if it went through the shields. There is no fighters inside, friend. Just pretty damn big men with 40mm auto cannons. :P they do that a lot in my military. Of course, the hand could have difficulty detecting them, no? I mean, around 200 signals are being detected that look like fighters. :P

HRA embraces technology that enhances their stagnant weaponry. So, if they can make a more powerful 20mm gun, that's good. They do have plasma weaponry, energy weapons, and other new techs, but they don't use them that much. Why? Because the Bolters now contain a small EMP charge that disrupts the shielding in front of them, which allows it to pass through. Now, they haven't put them on massive shells bigger than 200mm, though. Waste of resources. But from 13mm to 152mm you'll find it.

Now, the boarding torpedoes carry the same thing, and are shot from a rail gun. :)
Alonzo Topic Starter

HRA wrote:
Poor Cigol? Yeah. But no one pays attention to Ascrith or Braesk. :P

Derp. >.< Well Braesk has like what a 20 second head start on whatever decision he chooses before he faces a security detail.

As for Ascrith, I am sure hes enough life left to pull himself together and do...well...do something >.<
HRA

XD yeah, Braesk is going to do the same thing that every human does in this situation.

Okay, so he does have that. So where is the Captain going?
Alonzo Topic Starter

HRA wrote:
XD yeah, Braesk is going to do the same thing that every human does in this situation.

Okay, so he does have that. So where is the Captain going?

*whispers* That was a dream :P
HRA

Did I hear this right? Some of my nanites got injected?
Alonzo Topic Starter

HRA wrote:
Did I hear this right? Some of my nanites got injected?

Began to, they never made it out the needle. A few more seconds and well, plop, the Cap, has two types of nanites roaming his body.

That would be awful for him.
HRA

Depends. How bad is it to have a second heart, a second pair of lungs, enhanced muscles, a higher IQ, and more added to him? :P
Alonzo Topic Starter

Probably wouldn't be bad...

However the problem lies in the alien nanites he has now. They would probably consider those abnormalities and attempt to fix them. And then the new nanities will try to correct that, etc etc. Then on top of that, both nanites are probably aggressive, i know the alien ones are; they'll try to "assimilate" the new ones to make their selves better, as a defense mechanism, or simply because of the alien origin programing.

In essence, a micro war could happen inside the Captain's body...and he could become a walking bomb lol

Oh but dont worry...just because the Captain may not have use for them...doesn't mean someone (on my side) will let them slip by...
HRA

XD good thought!
Alonzo Topic Starter

And now the emotions have escalated >.<
HRA

You try doing either of those. :P
So how exactly could I come back in (if you'll still have me that is?)
HRA

Uhhh..... I donno

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers Discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus