Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » To find the forbidden secrets (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

You wake from a night terror only to find a massive monster crouched next to you. It's talons mere inches from your face as though you were it's chosen meal. Once it notices that you are awake, it stumbles away in full panic, cawing and beating it's massive wings as though it was lit on fire. Suddenly this gangly, were-raven looking beast vanishes into the darkness. The only proof that it was ever there are a few giant feathers, gently floating to ground like ash.

When the sun rises you ask about the feathers and strange creature only to be met with fearful looks or avoided all together. Eventually an elder points you towards a dead forest, shrouded in thick fog that rests on Carrion Mountain. This forest is known to be especially haunted and it's said that those who set foot within it never return. Then he turns to the feathers that you hold and informs you of a sinister race known as the Valra that supposedly reside there, though no one is sure. He suggests that you keep an eye on the trees lest the Valra turn you into their next victim. Could these fearful creatures truly be the same you saw that night?

Welcome to Nyctoria. A world full of magic, natural beauty, conflicting lifestyles, and dark secrets. Choose the side of society you wish to support and explore the wonders and horrors that it offers with the aid or resistance of one of Nyctoria's most feared races.

Will you choose the strict and tyrannical city life that focuses on physical perfection or the closely knit, natural living tribal life that focuses on dreams and spiritual growth?

Mythical creatures and humans with or without magic are welcome to join. Since I am still developing the world and story I will grant permission for others to create their own species of Nyctoran. PM me for details about creating a Nyctoran.

2-3 players ( including myself) Would be nice to have one experienced in running rps on RPR to help me figure out how they work.

Open to most ages but blood and gore will be described in detail.

Low tech is stated but what secrets wait to be uncovered?

Willing to discuss alternative plots. Also feel free to discuss ideas mid rp.

If you simply wish to quit then we can discuss how your character will leave the story. RP will then be reopened for others who may wish to join.

I will playing as Nasr Varethar.

For those who wish to get a jumpstart on Nyctoran culture and beliefs you may read the section on Nyctorans here. Recommended for those who wish to create a Nyctoran but not mandatory.

First time requesting a rp here...hope it's interesting enough.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

attagirl

I'm very interested!
Great7

I’m interested
LunarValravn Topic Starter

Awesome! What characters will you two will be using? Also any alternative plot ideas you would like discuss?
Great7

I’m using kumo. Pm me for more questions

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » To find the forbidden secrets (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus