Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Multi-dimensional Fantasy /w Potential R (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

They were special-- that was obvious to them from their very first memory. They could... see things that other people couldn't. They could feel things and talk to people that didn't exist.

Or did they?

Two worlds- sometimes more- constantly surrounded them. Distinct, yet melded together in almost perfect harmony; overlapping as if they were both unconsciously catering to some force far beyond them. Worse... it had always been like this.

What was real?

What was the truth?

Which was the "right" reality?

They- a small, innocent child- could answer those questions with ease. They also understood far too well that the grandest of gifts was also the largest curse anyone could ever endure.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Premise:

YC has the ability to move between dimensions. They do not know how or why they have this ability-- only that they are an anomaly even among worlds that can use supernatural abilities. As a child (aka before they developed control over their abilities), they saw multiple worlds at the same time, almost as if they were overlayed on top of one another.

Around the age of 4-5 (think older toddler), they ended up stumbling into a dimension filled with humanoids who could accomplish superhuman feats (mostly mental abilities and some types of kinesis). The specific town associated with their location did not have many children their age, so they were quick to befriend the son of the local scholar, a small boy by the name of Zarias. Their friendship developed quickly and deepened to the point that they were almost like siblings instead of friends. There was only one problem--

None of YC's other friends could see him.

YC would regularly try to have Zarias meet other people in their world, but no one could see him and believed that he was an imaginary friend. Some even went as far as to tease and bully YC because of their seemingly "childish" ways. This, naturally, put a lot of strain not only on YC's relationship with Zarias, but also their own feelings towards themselves and their abilities.

As YC grew into their pre-teen and teen years, they discovered that talking to and about a world that only existed for them made them look a bit... sick-- insane, even. Determined to live some semblance of a normal life (the exact motivation as to why depends on YC), they trained themselves until they could successfully channel their abilities, living in one world at a time. With that, they cast their childhood playground aside, moving into the adult world and at least trying to forget that any of that... weirdness... had ever existed. This tactic proved to work perfectly, letting them live a normal life until adulthood.

CUE THE STARTING OF THE RP

Life is going great for YC. They have a great job, a loving SO, good friends-- the whole shebang. They have been working their butt off to make a good life for themselves and it finally seems to be paying off. They really couldn't be happier.

During one of their routine outings with a friend, they find themselves not really feeling well halfway through it.

Headaches, dizziness, and a general sense of restlessness.

This isn't a strange occurrence-- these symptoms have been plaguing YC in varied severity for that past few weeks. They come in short bursts and then disappear. It's not a problem, right? Wrong.

Just as they are able to excuse themselves to the washroom, YC starts seeing double... and not in the usual way. They barely make their escape to the washroom before the world they live in ebbs away, being replaced by one they haven't seen in almost a decade. To make things worse, they can't switch worlds no matter how hard they try. Is it panic? Is it a blockage? Has their luck with playing around with the fabric of time and space finally caught up with them?

Whatever it is, after sitting in an empty closest for longer than they can count, YC comes to the conclusion-- they're trapped. Desperate to go back to the life they've worked so hard to get, they realize that there's only one person who's crazy enough to believe them and help them get back home-- the old friend they abandoned so many years ago.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone. Yes, I know, it's strange of me to put an ad out, but desperate times call for desperate measures! I have been wanting to play this plot for- oof, how long? 3 years?- and I've finally broken down and made an ad because peddling it from door to virtual door isn't working out. For those who know me, they will all know that I am so wrapped up in my characters that I have specific plots made entirely and specifically for them (affectionately called origin plots). This one is Zarias Sheridan's.

As a result of such a long... prelude (planning phase?)... I have got a good chunk of the lore for one world already made up. It is, however, still completely open to world-building because we still need to make another world/dimension! This ALSO has the capacity for romance as well, but works equally well as a friend flick. I say we play it out and if the feels come, the feels come.

What I'm looking for in a partner:
  • Mid/High-level skill-- In short, if you write a paragraph at most and can't emote in writing, it's going to be a struggle. I write around 600-1100 words at a time and always allude to the thought processes and mental state of my character. The catch? I typically respond once a week. This I would like to change. I am looking for someone who can easily write 400-600 words at a time and respond around 3 times a week. I will try my best to keep up with the same frequency while still maintaining my quality.
  • Communication-- Talk. To. Me. I do not want to work with a person who only sends me posts. This plot is still largely open, so be prepared to discuss ideas/smaller plot points with me. I see rps as not just 2+ characters doing something, but a story with 2+ people in it that are growing and changing and developing. Show me your character: let me fall in love with them and give me a reason to feel something when I see that you've replied.
  • Now speaking of characters-- I'm primarily looking for very unique, free-spirited females, but I will happily accept a male or non-binary character whose personality resonates with me. I'm looking at personality, not what they have in their pants. Characters who have schizophrenia (diagnosed or implied) will work extremely well in this plot as well, so bring on the mentally-troubled babies.
  • Age Range-- I generally don't care for this plot. If you have the skills, I don't care about your age, but your character needs to be above 18. If mature/erotic themes do show up, I will request that everyone, co-author included, are 18+. If you're under 18... that just means it pushes to a friend-flick because fades are not my thing.

Interested? Regardless of how you reach out, make sure I have access to the character you intend to use. That will determine everything and, yes, I am very, very, character-centric!

Now.

Come at me! (oh and don't be afraid to ask questions, heh)
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 20%
A peaceful setting, but with a chance for small fights and struggles to break out on a very small scale.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

PandaPajamaEater Topic Starter

This is still available~
PandaPajamaEater Topic Starter

One more time!..?
RedPandaF0x

Hello~
I would be interested in doing this. I have a few questions. I would have to create a new character so I would be interested in knowing if you had a preferred personality trait besides free-spirited; I Can Make It Free Spirited But I Would Like To Know If You Have Anything Else; my character will be female, also would my character be allowed to have magic? I'm a little new to this site, but free to write what you are expecting I believe. Is YC the name of your character or does it stand for Your Character? Again apologies for being so new~ I understand you have been looking for someone to RP with on this forum for a while.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Multi-dimensional Fantasy /w Potential R (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus