Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Free virtual hugs (open)

The Breather (played by IcedKoi)

"I need it. I deserve it."
The Breather (played by IcedKoi)

Abigail_Austin wrote:
The Breather wrote:

Jess approached The Breather with hesitation, circling him. First--"no weapons."

Her assistant asked for the knife, then, of he gave it, they moved on.

*You've killed people. And now you want a hug."

But it wasn't for her to judge. She had said free hugs, and she was going to give free hugs.

She got a little chill up the back of her neck, but she stepped forward and beckoned to him with her hand.

*Come here..." she said, she said in a hushed voice.

If he did,Jess slowly put her arms around him and let him fully sink into her embrace

"That's it," she soothed rubbing his back. "Just relax. I've got you.'

The Breather wasn't used to hugs, so he just kept his arms at his sides. He was hunched over, because, well, he was a bit taller than Jess. Soon enough, he put his hands on the side of her head, attempting to find out how weak her neck was. He was weird.
Jess (played by Abigail_Austin) Topic Starter

The Breather wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
The Breather wrote:

Jess approached The Breather with hesitation, circling him. First--"no weapons."

Her assistant asked for the knife, then, of he gave it, they moved on.

*You've killed people. And now you want a hug."

But it wasn't for her to judge. She had said free hugs, and she was going to give free hugs.

She got a little chill up the back of her neck, but she stepped forward and beckoned to him with her hand.

*Come here..." she said, she said in a hushed voice.

If he did,Jess slowly put her arms around him and let him fully sink into her embrace

"That's it," she soothed rubbing his back. "Just relax. I've got you.'

The Breather wasn't used to hugs, so he just kept his arms at his sides. He was hunched over, because, well, he was a bit taller than Jess. Soon enough, he put his hands on the side of her head, attempting to find out how weak her neck was. He was weird.

Jess felt him touching the side of her head in an odd way.

"What are you doing?" she said, pulling back to look at him.

She gave him another tight squeeze then abruptly let go and backed up several feet.

"Okay, erm...time is up...go on about your business." Jess found herself unconsciously fingering her pocket knife in her pocket on her keychain in case he tried anything.
Melissa Ann Winona Kennedy (played by LakotaSiouxWarrior)

"I need a hug I had a rough day in kindergarten." The young girl quietly sobbing.
Karuna Sky (played anonymously)

Melissa Ann Kennedy wrote:
"I need a hug I had a rough day in kindergarten." The young girl quietly sobbing.

A bright smile flashed briefly across Karuna's dark face, because she couldn't help it--the little girl was so cute and dramatic. But she made the smile vanish quickly, so the child would know that she was taking her problems seriously.

Karuna knelt down in front of the little girl and opened her arms wide.

"Oh, sweetie. Come here--" she cooed, her voice slightly accented. She embraced the child, picking her up with her as she stood up. Holding her in her arms and rocking her slightly, she said softly,

"Don't worry, sweetheart. Things will seem better tomorrow. It's a whole new day, tomorrow. Anything can happen. Kindergarten can be hard, I know, I know..." Karuna comforted.

After she was done crying, Karuna dished out two bowls of ice cream and they sat on stools in the kitchen, eating it.

"Okay, now tell me all about it, honey. What's the trouble? Is somebody picking on you?" Karuna asked, ready to listen.
Melissa Ann Winona Kennedy (played by LakotaSiouxWarrior)

"Thanks for listening and the ice cream". Melissa's face lit up. "I've seen you before at powows and tribal meetings. I'm going to pray to the great spirit he'll listen to me and make everything better in the morning. You are a powerful medicine woman. I'm happy I met you. I was upset because people don't understand my heritage and people. That we are all special in own ways". Melissa got up from her stool and stood before karuna."Thanks for listening. My mom is here to get me. I'll see you at the next powwow". As she grabbed her backpack and left the room.
Hanley (played anonymously)

Hanley sighed and wandered into the room.
She smiled softly at the gentle breeze wafting through; shore leave was always nice on a planet like this. It had been a tiring journey, this time around, and Hanley had just come from a nearby tearoom which had served delicious milky chai.
"The only thing that would make this better," she said cheerfully, "would be a hug." She chuckled a little, and walked towards the couch.
Feldwebel Karl Spiess (played by Major_payne25)

Karl was in the corner of the room... he sighed knowing that he was too shy to ask for a hug but he needed it... the day was hard and the horrors of war had left him speechless except for him barely mumbling “hug please...” he remained silent and tried to gather any kind of joy that remained within him hoping this would increase his chances of receiving a hug..

Melissa Ann Kennedy wrote:
"Thanks for listening and the ice cream". Melissa's face lit up. "I've seen you before at powows and tribal meetings. I'm going to pray to the great spirit he'll listen to me and make everything better in the morning. You are a powerful medicine woman. I'm happy I met you. I was upset because people don't understand my heritage and people. That we are all special in own ways". Melissa got up from her stool and stood before karuna."Thanks for listening. My mom is here to get me. I'll see you at the next powwow". As she grabbed her backpack and left the room.

Karuna didn't say much, just sat there with her mouth agape at how detailed and well-constructed the child's speech was.

"I--yes, of course, Dear. Anytime." Karuna said, taking the empty bowl. She watched the kid walk out with her backpack and then washed the bowls.

Karl sighed and he walked over to a sofa and sat there hanging his head... perhaps he didn’t deserve a hug maybe he had done something wrong and this was divine punishment no matter what the case he hung his head and fiddles with his watch.

Hanley wrote:
Hanley sighed and wandered into the room.
She smiled softly at the gentle breeze wafting through; shore leave was always nice on a planet like this. It had been a tiring journey, this time around, and Hanley had just come from a nearby tearoom which had served delicious milky chai.
"The only thing that would make this better," she said cheerfully, "would be a hug." She chuckled a little, and walked towards the couch.

Karuna, who had been sitting on the couch in a dark blue jumpsuit, reading a mystery novel, with her long legs criss-crossed under her, glanced up when the woman entered the room. She held herself with an air of some importance; Karuna sensed she was an officer. Probably on shore leave, she thought. Probably eons away from being able to truly relax.

Karuna looked back down at her book, but as she heard the words the woman murmured to herself, a slow smile spread across her attractive mocha face. Her psychic picture was becoming slowly clearer.

She looked up at the woman, forgetting to pretend to keep reading her book, sensing her need, and giving the woman her full attention. Her dark eyes would seem warm and inviting.

"I couldn't help but overhear you," Karuna admitted in a soft voice, "It's one of my gifts. You've come to the right planet, Captain. Come... won't you sit here with me?" Karuna motions towards the spot next to her on the couch.

If Hanley sat down next to her, Karuna would smile, brightly, and gently wrap her arms around the woman's body.

"Is this okay?" she'd ask. If so, then, she'd gently pull the woman closer into a full hug. Karuna would rest her head on the woman's shoulder as she held her.

Moments would pass in comfortable silence until, finally, Karuna would whisper, without lifting her head off the woman's shoulder, nor moving her arms,

"Is this what you needed?" Then, Karuna would queeze her a little tighter to emphasize that the hug was what she meant. "I've got you."

Feldwebel Karl Spiess wrote:
Karl sighed and he walked over to a sofa and sat there hanging his head... perhaps he didn’t deserve a hug maybe he had done something wrong and this was divine punishment no matter what the case he hung his head and fiddles with his watch.

"Hey!" Karuna said, standing up from the couch and walking over to the man in fatigues and carefully and affectionately placing a soft hand on his arm.

"I didn't see you there, soldier. But I see you now. I promise, you won't be overlooked." Karuna first gazed deep into his eyes and then looked him over carefully, her dark eyes noting every visible scar and every worry-line on his face. She psychically could feel the burden on him. The pain. The weariness. The regret. She could feel part of the weight of it.

"Oh, sweetie," Karuna whispered, her eyes tearing up, her hand instinctively reaching up to touch his cheek. "You really need a hug, don't you? Come here...come on right in here..."

The tall, mocha-skinned woman wrapped her arms around the solider and gently guided his body into her soft arms.

Her arms wrapped snugly around his waist, pulled him even closer, and held him tightly. She had no plans to let go any time soon. Karuna rested her head on his chest as she whispered reassurances and gently soothed him.

Karuna Sky wrote:

"Hey!" Karuna said, standing up from the couch and walking over to the man in fatigues and carefully and affectionately placing a soft hand on his arm.

"I didn't see you there, soldier. But I see you now. I promise, you won't be overlooked." Karuna first gazed deep into his eyes and then looked him over carefully, her dark eyes noting every visible scar and every worry-line on his face. She psychically could feel the burden on him. The pain. The weariness. The regret. She could feel part of the weight of it.

"Oh, sweetie," Karuna whispered, her eyes tearing up, her hand instinctively reaching up to touch his cheek. "You really need a hug, don't you? Come here...come on right in here..."

The tall, mocha-skinned woman wrapped her arms around the solider and gently guided his body into her soft arms.

Her arms wrapped snugly around his waist, pulled him even closer, and held him tightly. She had no plans to let go any time soon. Karuna rested her head on his chest as she whispered reassurances and gently soothed him.

Karl teared up as he received her hug partially in joy and partially in fear for the last time he received a hug was when his mother wished him goodbye only for her to be slaughtered by Russian soldiers... He had many more flashbacks like this as he slowly wrapped his arms around the woman “deus ex machina...” he whispered to her... it was Latin for “god from the machine” and it was his warcry not long after saying this the man burst into silent tears... not a word nor a sound escaped him other than breathing and very faint sobbing yet a flood of tears rolled down his face...

Karl teared up as he received her hug partially in joy and partially in fear for the last time he received a hug was when his mother wished him goodbye only for her to be slaughtered by Russian soldiers... He had many more flashbacks like this as he slowly wrapped his arms around the woman “deus ex machina...” he whispered to her... it was Latin for “god from the machine” and it was his warcry not long after saying this the man burst into silent tears... not a word nor a sound escaped him other than breathing and very faint sobbing yet a flood of tears rolled down his face...

As Karuna held the man, she could feel how his body was still tense. She knew he was working through flashbacks and conflicting emotions, but she knew that if she held him long enough, his mind and body would eventually slow down.

"I've got you. You're safe," were her softly spoken words as their bodies made contact, hers soft, and his clenched and tight.

“Deus ex machina...” she heard him whisper. She didn't know what it meant, but she didn't need to as he broke down and silently sobbed. Tears spilled from her eyes as well and she held him and let him cry.

"That's right," she whispered, "Let it out. It's got to come out..."

She didn't say much more than that, for it wasn't a time for words. It was a time for touch, a time for presence. For feeling the pain with him, for not letting him bear it alone.

There was no urgency in her touch; there was no timer. There was a certainty in how tightly she held him to her that communicated that she would not let go--be in for minutes, or for hours--not one second before he was ready. As his tight body shook silently in her arms in the quiet of the room, she knew that he wouldn't be ready for a long while. And that. Was. Completely. Okay.

She closed her eyes as she rocked him gently and rubbed his back, while all the things that were too
bad to keep In started to slowly come Out, and all the things that were too good to keep Out started to slowly come back In.

Karuna Sky wrote:

As Karuna held the man, she could feel how his body was still tense. She knew he was working through flashbacks and conflicting emotions, but she knew that if she held him long enough, his mind and body would eventually slow down.

"I've got you. You're safe," were her softly spoken words as their bodies made contact, hers soft, and his clenched and tight.

“Deus ex machina...” she heard the soldier whisper. She didn't know what it meant, but didn't need to as he broke down and silently sobbed. Tears ran down her cheeks as well and she held him and let him cry.

"That's right," she whispered, lightly rubbing his back, "Let it out now. It's okay here... It's just you and me."

She didn't say much more than that, for she didn't know exactly what he was going through. And because this wasn't a time for words; words couldn't heal this. It was a time for touch, for presence. For feeling the pain but not bearing it alone.

There was no urgency in her touch; there was no implied timer. There was a certainty in how tightly she held him to her that communicated that she would never let go--be in for minutes, or for hours--not one second before he was ready. And she knew as his body shook silently in her arms in the quiet of the room, she knew that he wouldn't be ready for a long while. And that. Was completely. Okay.

She closed her eyes as she rocked him gently and rubbed his back, while all the things that were too
bad to keep In started to slowly come Out, and all the things that were too good to keep Out started to slowly come back In.

Karl hugged her tightly and whispered “thank you... but I do not deserve your kindness” he slowly pushed her away as he pulled a picture of his friends from the war out of his pocket “we were not the good guys...” he mumbled “so much blood... so much suffering...” he began to rock himself slowly

Karuna Sky wrote:

“Deus ex machina...” she heard the soldier whisper. She didn't know what it meant, but didn't need to as he broke down and silently sobbed. Tears ran down her cheeks as well and she held him and let him cry.

"That's right," she whispered, lightly rubbing his back, "Let it out now. It's okay here... It's just you and me."

She didn't say much more than that, for she didn't know exactly what he was going through. And because this wasn't a time for words; words couldn't heal this. It was a time for touch, for presence. For feeling the pain but not bearing it alone.

There was no urgency in her touch; there was no implied timer. There was a certainty in how tightly she held him to her that communicated that she would never let go--be in for minutes, or for hours--not one second before he was ready. And she knew as his body shook silently in her arms in the quiet of the room, she knew that he wouldn't be ready for a long while. And that. Was completely. Okay.

Karl hugged her tightly and whispered “thank you... but I do not deserve your kindness” he slowly pushed her away as he pulled a picture of his friends from the war out of his pocket “we were not the good guys...” he mumbled “so much blood... so much suffering...” he began to rock himself slowly

She let him push her away but when she heard what he said she gazed steadily at him. Her expression was unyielding.

"There are no good guys during a war," she said. "Not one escapes without blood on their hands. Without guilt."

"Besides," Karuna said, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow, flashing a half smile. "How do you know it was kindness? How do you know I didn't want that hug as much as you, Hm?"

She stood nearer him again, but didn't touch him. She looked down at the pictures he held. "Tell me about them?"

((That was a neat little short RP))

Karuna Sky wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:

She let him push her away but when she heard what he said she gazed steadily at him. Her expression was unyielding.

"There are no good guys during a war," she said. "Not one escapes without blood on their hands. Without guilt."

"Besides," Karuna said, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow, flashing a half smile. "How do you know it was kindness? How do you know I didn't want that hug as much as you, Hm?"

She stood nearer him again, but didn't touch him. She looked down at the pictures he held. "Tell me about them?"

Karl unsure of what the woman would think of his ties to the reich covered the swastika flag carried by one of the soldiers with his thumb “that’s my Commander Captain Hans Gretelein” he pointed to a man that was slightly above average in build and was highly decorated “and the rest of these men were killed in one of our final offenses...” Karl stared off into the distance clearly having another flashback as the photo slipped out of his hand revealing the flag carried by one of the soldiers
((Yeah ur pretty good lol... better than me at least))

Karuna Sky wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:

Karl unsure of what the woman would think of his ties to the repack covered the swastika flag carried by one of the soldiers with his thumb “that’s my Commander Captain Hans Gretelein” he pointed to a man that was slightly above average in build and was highly decorated “and the rest of these men were killed in one of our final offenses...” Karl stared off into the distance clearly having another flashback as the photo slipped out of his hand revealing the flag carried by one of the soldiers
((Yeah ur pretty good lol... better than me at least))

((Ok. I've got admit. Did not see that coming.))

Karuna visibly recoiled at the picture of the swastika. She fully took a step back, and looked at him with a completely different expression--one of disgust, and of fear. She knew the history of the Nazis, not only from the contemporary point of view, but from the future, after all the horrors had been uncovered.

"You..." she swallowed, her mouth suddenly very dry. "You..."

She felt all the blood rising to her head and she was pointing and scanning the room for a weapon.

TW: violent content

"You committed genocide...you...you sent families to their deaths in those...you...how could you--"

She couldn't even spit out what was going through her mind but she suddenly found a sharp object--an ornamental sword snatched off the wall--in her hand and scenes of using it on the man she had just embraced flashed through her mind.

She was waiting for him to say something. To say somehow that it was a mistake. But a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach made her suspect that it wasn't.

"Why?" she whispered, a different whisper than before, one full of rage. She held the sword to his throat.

((Well that changed fast.))

(( yeah I mean if you read his profile he is kinda a Nazi lol )) Karl stood up with open arms “that is why I do not deserve a hug.... divine punishment... I didn’t do those...” he paused “things at those camps... I couldn’t stand that but I fought for my country... so go on do what you feel is necessary....” Karl bowed his head arms still open wide he felt that the woman would kill him though he didn’t want to die maybe it was what he deserved? Perhaps that was necessary for the world to have balance? Who knows but Karl’s life and future was now in the hands of this woman...

"But you knew about those camps!" Karuna shouted, not removing the point from his throat. "And yet you still fought for the Nazis. Why? Are you proud of what they did? Do you believe in their cause even now?"

She knew she should slit his throat, but for some reason, she waited for an answer. She wanted to know.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Free virtual hugs (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus