Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Free virtual hugs (open)

Karuna Sky (played anonymously)

Feldwebel Karl Spiess wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:

Karl teared up as he received her hug partially in joy and partially in fear for the last time he received a hug was when his mother wished him goodbye only for her to be slaughtered by Russian soldiers... He had many more flashbacks like this as he slowly wrapped his arms around the woman “deus ex machina...” he whispered to her... it was Latin for “god from the machine” and it was his warcry not long after saying this the man burst into silent tears... not a word nor a sound escaped him other than breathing and very faint sobbing yet a flood of tears rolled down his face...

As Karuna held the man, she could feel how his body was still tense. She knew he was working through flashbacks and conflicting emotions, but she knew that if she held him long enough, his mind and body would eventually slow down.

"I've got you. You're safe," were her softly spoken words as their bodies made contact, hers soft, and his clenched and tight.

“Deus ex machina...” she heard the soldier whisper. She didn't know what it meant, but didn't need to as he broke down and silently sobbed. Tears ran down her cheeks as well and she held him and let him cry.

"That's right," she whispered, lightly rubbing his back, "Let it out now. It's okay here... It's just you and me."

She didn't say much more than that, for she didn't know exactly what he was going through. And because this wasn't a time for words; words couldn't heal this. It was a time for touch, for presence. For feeling the pain but not bearing it alone.

There was no urgency in her touch; there was no implied timer. There was a certainty in how tightly she held him to her that communicated that she would never let go--be in for minutes, or for hours--not one second before he was ready. And she knew as his body shook silently in her arms in the quiet of the room, she knew that he wouldn't be ready for a long while. And that. Was completely. Okay.

She closed her eyes as she rocked him gently and rubbed his back, while all the things that were too
bad to keep In started to slowly come Out, and all the things that were too good to keep Out started to slowly come back In.

Karl hugged her tightly and whispered “thank you... but I do not deserve your kindness” he slowly pushed her away as he pulled a picture of his friends from the war out of his pocket “we were not the good guys...” he mumbled “so much blood... so much suffering...” he began to rock himself slowly

She let him push her away but when she heard what he said she gazed steadily at him. Her expression was unyielding.

"There are no good guys during a war," she said. "Not one escapes without blood on their hands. Without guilt."

"Besides," Karuna said, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow, flashing a half smile. "How do you know it was kindness? How do you know I didn't want that hug as much as you, Hm?"

She stood nearer him again, but didn't touch him. She looked down at the pictures he held. "Tell me about them?"

((That was a neat little short RP))

Karl unsure of what the woman would think of his ties to the repack covered the swastika flag carried by one of the soldiers with his thumb “that’s my Commander Captain Hans Gretelein” he pointed to a man that was slightly above average in build and was highly decorated “and the rest of these men were killed in one of our final offenses...” Karl stared off into the distance clearly having another flashback as the photo slipped out of his hand revealing the flag carried by one of the soldiers
((Yeah ur pretty good lol... better than me at least))

((Ok. I've got admit. Did not see that coming.))

Karuna visibly recoiled at the picture of the swastika. She fully took a step back, and looked at him with a completely different expression--one of disgust, and of fear. She knew the history of the Nazis, not only from the contemporary point of view, but from the future, after all the horrors had been uncovered.

"You..." she swallowed, her mouth suddenly very dry. "You..."

She felt all the blood rising to her head and she was pointing and scanning the room for a weapon.

TW: violent content

"You committed genocide...you...you sent families to their deaths in those...you...how could you--"

She couldn't even spit out what was going through her mind but she suddenly found a sharp object--an ornamental sword snatched off the wall--in her hand and scenes of using it on the man she had just embraced flashed through her mind.

She was waiting for him to say something. To say somehow that it was a mistake. But a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach made her suspect that it wasn't.

"Why?" she whispered, a different whisper than before, one full of rage. She held the sword to his throat.

((Well that changed fast.))
Feldwebel Karl Spiess (played by Major_payne25)

(( yeah I mean if you read his profile he is kinda a Nazi lol )) Karl stood up with open arms “that is why I do not deserve a hug.... divine punishment... I didn’t do those...” he paused “things at those camps... I couldn’t stand that but I fought for my country... so go on do what you feel is necessary....” Karl bowed his head arms still open wide he felt that the woman would kill him though he didn’t want to die maybe it was what he deserved? Perhaps that was necessary for the world to have balance? Who knows but Karl’s life and future was now in the hands of this woman...

"But you knew about those camps!" Karuna shouted, not removing the point from his throat. "And yet you still fought for the Nazis. Why? Are you proud of what they did? Do you believe in their cause even now?"

She knew she should slit his throat, but for some reason, she waited for an answer. She wanted to know.

“I believe in fighting for my people and my family!“ Karl shouted “those Russian dogs mutilated our families and homes... so I joined to do the same to them...” karl looked at the woman and smirked “what happened to there being now bad guys in war eh?”

She paused, staring at him for a long moment. It was different, when your family was attacked versus when you were the attacker. But Germany had attacked one country after the next. But when it's your own family, the big picture isn't what you're thinking about. It really wasn't so black and white.

Karuna slowly pulled the sword back, away from his neck. She sighed.

"Perhaps I spoke too simply, but one thing is certain, war--it's never simple. Even, I guess, when you're a Nazi," she spit the word out with disgust despite her best efforts.

She sighed and returned the sword to the wall, then sat down on the couch.

"The Russians killed your family? Well, I suppose any of us might do the same thing in your place." She shivered at the thought. "Where will you go now? What will you do?"
"Free hugs! Sounds good sounds free, so 1 hug please." After saying her last word, the young woman bursted out in tears

Karuna Sky wrote:
She paused, staring at him for a long moment. It was different, when your family was attacked versus when you were the attacker. But Germany had attacked one country after the next. But when it's your own family, the big picture isn't what you're thinking about. It really wasn't so black and white.

"Perhaps I spoke too simply, but one thing is certain, war--it's never simple. Even, I guess, when you're a Nazi," she spit the word out with disgust despite her best efforts.

"The Russians killed your family? Well, I suppose any of us might do the same thing in your place." She shivered at the thought. "Where will you go now? What will you do?"

Karl sighed “I’m unsure... I have a new deployment tomorrow so I guess I’m gonna how where my captain needs me...” Karl sat back down “what I said to you... it’s latin it means god from the machine... it’s our war cry”
Ace (played by AgitoAceXIII)

"...I suppose a hug couldn't hurt...After all. Fighting a war for over 3 million cycles gets...exhausting."

Karuna Sky wrote:

Karl sighed “I’m unsure... I have a new deployment tomorrow so I guess I’m gonna how where my captain needs me...” Karl sat back down “what I said to you... it’s latin it means god from the machine... it’s our war cry”

Karuna sighed, and walked to cabinet in the corner. The sound of a cork popping could be heard, and she returned carrying two glasses of wine in her small, delicate hands.

She sank down next to him on the couch and held one of the glasses out to him.

After either handing it over, or setting it down, she inhaled the frangrant "bouquet" and then took a small, dainty sip.

She sighed again and took another larger one...

"Spiess," Karuna said softly, having glanced at his uniform, but now looking down into the red liquid. "Are the Russian soldiers who...who hurt your family," she looked up at him again, her brown eyes showing the tiniest glint of compassion again," "...are they dead now? Mustn't they be?" She turned to face him more fully.

"And even if they are not--what are the chances you will meet them in battle?" She paused.

"You know some of the atrocities your furor is committing, and you've already been through so much senseless violence. Why go back? What are you fighting for? For justice from those who are already dead?" Karuna cautiously reached out and laid her hand on Karl's with the lightest touch. She closed her eyes and opened her mind to see into his thoughts.

"Karl," she whispered. "Wouldn't your mother have rather you survive this? Please stay..."
Do you mind if I can have a hug . I am kinda having a bad day because I am not feeling so well and I have this feeling that nobody is going to join the rp from that I started last night

Ace - Wildcard of Zero wrote:
"...I suppose a hug couldn't hurt...After all. Fighting a war for over 3 million cycles gets...exhausting."

Karuna had been staring out the bay window at the stars shooting by as the ship traveled, when she heard the words behind her. She turned, the hem of her purple dress bouncing slightly and her long dark hair swishing smoothly as she turned. She saw an attractive, futuristic-looking young lad.

Her head tilted slightly as she gazed at his face, her dark eyes noting the weariness on it.

"3 million cycles..." Karuna repeated, her accented voice soft and compassionate. She approached him. "But you look so young, sweetheart." the Cherokee woman said, reaching out and lightly stroking his cheek and hair.

She bit her lip and then flashed the soldier a bright smile.

"And you're right--a hug couldn't hurt now, could it? No, no, I don't think so..."

With that, Karuna pulled Ace into her arms and held him tight. The normal end time for a hug is a few seconds -- after five or six seconds you start wondering if the other person wants to let go. You start feeling like you should, wondering if it implies too much, fearing it's going to be awkward after it's over.

But only after the first 10 or 15 seconds is the power of a hug truly felt. So, after those first 10 seconds, Karuna pre-empted it.

"Don't let go," she whispered softly in his ear, and with her delicate arms she squeezed him just a little bit tighter. "Now pull in a deep breath, and let it out slowly...that's it...slow. Now try to release the tension in your shoulders..."

Her skillful hands moved across his back, finding the pressure points and gently releasing them.

After a while of comfortable silence she repeated what had heard once before,

"People can be cruel. But when you're out there in dark vortex of human cruelty, remember me. Remember this. Remember that humans can be kind, too. And this is how it should be. This is the real world, Ace. This is your home."
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Dib2435 wrote:
Do you mind if I can have a hug . I am kinda having a bad day because I am not feeling so well and I have this feeling that nobody is going to join the rp from that I started last night

No, of course, I don't mind, Sweetheart! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. That's a bummer!

*Reaches out and gently pulls you into a warm, friendly hug*

*Holds you closely for as long as you need*

*appreciates you being here*

I hope you feel better soon. I keep catching a cold myself so I can relate! It sounds cliche, but hot liquids like tea can be really soothing if that's the sort of thing that's got you. I know its going around where I am (respiratory viruses.)

And good luck with your RP!

*hugs hugs hugs*
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Dib2435 wrote:

No, of course, I don't mind, Sweetheart! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. That's a bummer!

I hope you feel better soon. I keep catching a cold myself so I can relate! It sounds cliche, but hot liquids like tea can be really soothing if that's the sort of thing that's got you. I know its going around where I am (respiratory viruses.)

*hugs hugs hugs*

*hugs back* Thanks Abigail , I really appreciate this and I hope you get better soon as well . Plus I am hoping that I don't have newest virus that is spreading and thanks for the friend request .

Karl looked at the ground with hatred in his eyes... “all but one is dead by my hand... and I will not stop until the last one falls then I will return home... if I can even call it that now” hans practically inhaled the alcohol he was handed “ got anything stronger?” He asked

Karl looked at the ground with hatred in his eyes... “all but one is dead by my hand... and I will not stop until the last one falls then I will return home... if I can even call it that now” hans practically inhaled the alcohol he was handed “ got anything stronger?” He asked

Dib2435 wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Dib2435 wrote:

*hugs hugs hugs*

*hugs back* Thanks Abigail , I really appreciate this and I hope you get better soon as well . Plus I am hoping that I don't have newest virus that is spreading and thanks for the friend request .

💖

Thanks *happily accepts hug*

That's understandable. Beware of news stories, though--they're often trying to make people all worried or afraid just to sell more news, even if we'd be more likely to get injured by...I don't know...tripping over a stray lobster at midnight than get a pandemic. Don't worry! (That sounded more reassuring in my head. But really, they DO try to do that). Yw.

"Hooo boy," Karuna said to herself, realizing her mistake in bringing out alcohol, of all things.

"Got anything stronger?"

"Um...uh...no," she lied. She sighed. She could see she wasn't going to change his mind.

So, she brought him up to speed on the "history" (his future) of WW2, and hoped he would help some innocents along his path when he could. She gave him a mapstone, so that, should he need to in times of inconsolable distress, he could always find his way back.
Hilda North (played by JoJoApples)

Hilda had to admit, the idea of a hug sounded undeniably appealing. The poor girl was sweaty and felt dirty and she recalled she hadn't showered in a few days. She simply had no time. Working two jobs and having long hours and no break whatsoever took a heavy toll.

Nervously, she hovered around, trying to remain out of the way but still be seen. A slightly fearful and hopeful look on her face. She did not cry. Hilda had no time for tears and had not cried over her abysmal situation for many months.

Surely....surely a hug would not be remiss to ask for? Maybe the person giving the hugs would be repulsed by her smell.

Hilda held herself and waited to be offered a hug or kicked out, whichever happened it wouldn't help her anyways. A hug solved nothing. It was only a comfort.
Ace (played by AgitoAceXIII)

Karuna Sky wrote:
Karuna had been staring out the bay window at the stars shooting by as the ship traveled, when she heard the words behind her. She turned, the hem of her purple dress bouncing slightly and her long dark hair swishing smoothly as she turned. She saw an attractive, futuristic-looking young lad.

Her head tilted slightly as she gazed at his face, her dark eyes noting the weariness on it.

"3 million cycles..." Karuna repeated, her accented voice soft and compassionate. She approached him. "But you look so young, sweetheart." the Cherokee woman said, reaching out and lightly stroking his cheek and hair.

She bit her lip and then flashed the soldier a bright smile.

"And you're right--a hug couldn't hurt now, could it? No, no, I don't think so..."

With that, Karuna pulled Ace into her arms and held him tight. The normal end time for a hug is a few seconds -- after five or six seconds you start wondering if the other person wants to let go. You start feeling like you should, wondering if it implies too much, fearing it's going to be awkward after it's over.

But only after the first 10 or 15 seconds is the power of a hug truly felt. So, after those first 10 seconds, Karuna pre-empted it.

"Don't let go," she whispered softly in his ear, and with her delicate arms she squeezed him just a little bit tighter. "Now pull in a deep breath, and let it out slowly...that's it...slow. Now try to release the tension in your shoulders..."

Her skillful hands moved across his back, finding the pressure points and gently releasing them.

After a while of comfortable silence she repeated what had heard once before,

"People can be cruel. But when you're out there in dark vortex of human cruelty, remember me. Remember this. Remember that humans can be kind, too. And this is how it should be. This is the real world, Ace. This is your home."

"...Young is an understatement. I'm sixteen." He sighed. It felt good to let his troubles go, even for a moment. "...But...I'll remember that. Thank you."

Hilda North wrote:
Hilda had to admit, the idea of a hug sounded undeniably appealing. The poor girl was sweaty and felt dirty and she recalled she hadn't showered in a few days. She simply had no time. Working two jobs and having long hours and no break whatsoever took a heavy toll.

Nervously, she hovered around, trying to remain out of the way but still be seen. A slightly fearful and hopeful look on her face. She did not cry. Hilda had no time for tears and had not cried over her abysmal situation for many months.

Surely....surely a hug would not be remiss to ask for? Maybe the person giving the hugs would be repulsed by her smell.

Hilda held herself and waited to be offered a hug or kicked out, whichever happened it wouldn't help her anyways. A hug solved nothing. It was only a comfort.

When Hilda walked into the room, Karuna was sitting on the couch, talking and laughing with someone. Immediately Karuna sensed the uncertainty and self-consciousness emanating from the discheveled-looking creature.

Many people in the room immediately looked at the stranger, some with slightly disgusted expressions, but Karuna was careful not to look at her. People inched away, trying not to be obvious or rude, but moving away all the same.

Karuna swirled her drink, remaining intensely aware of Hilda, but not looking directly at her, rather, staring at the swirling liquid. She was thinking, and using her sixth sense to gather information.

So much. There's so much going on with her, Karuna thought, trying to make sense of the input she was getting. She sensed stress, abandonment, resentment, exhaustion, and most of all...fear. It was confusing because the deeply ingrained past issues and the current ones seemed to flow together into a tumultuous sea of emotions.

Karuna took a sip of wine to buy herself a little more time. She felt bad because she hadn't gotten up and talked to the girl yet. She could tell the young woman was feeling unsure. But she was trying to figure out what was at the heart of the issue before she approached her. Yet, in that regard, her sixth sense was failing her.

It doesn't matter, she settled within herself. It only matters that she's here, and that she's distressed. With that, she placed her wine glass on the table and rose to her feet.

She looked directly at the girl, taking her disheveled form in with dark, penetrating eyes, and began to walk towards her.

People moved aside and murmured about how someone should do something about the vagrant and the smell, but Karuna passed them without a sideways glance, keeping her focus on the girl, who was anxiously holding herself and hovering about unsurely.

The people looking on were certain they were about to witness a confrontation. A

But when Karuna finally reached her, she stood right in front of her and smiled.

"Welcome," she said. She reached out with both her hands and nurturingly smoothed stray locks of the girl's long, unkempt, hair down, gently tucking them behind her shoulders.

Placing her soft hands on Hilda's shoulders she looked down into the young woman's eyes.

"You're troubled," Karuna said, her Indian accent softening the simple, factual words. "You'll still be troubled when you leave here," she confimed. She paused to let the words sink in.

"You're troubled by many things. Things in the present, and things in the past--things you can't control."

She paused again, her hands still resting on Hilda's shoulders. Everyone else in the room had fallen silent and many felt ashamed of themselves for the way they'd acted.

"I cannot make these things go away. I can't take them from you. But I can tell you this..." Karuna continued slowly, her well-defined lips forming the most subtle of smiles and her soft hands squeezing Hilda's shoulders lightly, "...you're very brave, and you're always welcome here."

Karuna's eyes glistened slightly and she blinked rapidly a few times before she pulled Hilda into a tight hug.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Free virtual hugs (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus