Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Character help.

Dog

I'm not sure where one would post this, but as I know you're all very creative folk..

I have an idea to play an anthropomorphized Dachshund character. Only, I'm not sure what sort of clothing he'd wear (or if that'd even work, considering the strange proportions of Dackels.)

Any suggestions/ideas are welcome!

He'll more than likely be a wire-haired black and tan.

wire-haired_dachshund.jpg
Wire hair has a tendency to have a bit of a rough n tumble like appearance. I'd start by suggesting something that matches that like an old west-esque outfit. Ya know. Cowboy hat and stuff.
Yuka

Gold prospector, sheriff, ranger, cattledriver, horse breaker/trainer...
Probably given the dog's size and build, I'd go for the first option. So not complete trail wear but hardy jeans, a thick shirt and some worn boots.
What about a miner, or a chimney sweep, etc? If you're keeping a dachshund shape, that's what comes to mind for me -- a profession where their long bodies could be put to good use in a narrow space. I could see a scruffy lil fellow like that coated in soot, making it hard to tell what's coal and what's his natural markings. :)

Or maybe a swashbuckling type of outfit? Then again, maybe my icon and that dog's scruffy face are making me think of Didymus, haha.
What kind of setting are you after, anyway?
Yuka

Ooh, or a ferret catcher - an anthro take on a more feral job.
Haha, that's true. Someone has to catch The Tether's kitchen rats for that delicious "Chicken of the sea" dish, too? :D
Dog Topic Starter

No particular time period in mind. Scruffy-faced dogs are endlessly amusing, IMO, so a pirate-type outfit WOULD be pretty funny.. a seafaring, swashbuckling dachshund. Haha.
Something regal and top notch. I had a german daschund some time ago, and regardless of his size he was a very beautiful, prideful animal (and a massive suck-face and incredibly needy.)
Are you going to play him short? With a Napolean complex? XD

I wouldn't think flashy, but certainly expensive with subtle accessories.. I'll have to think about it more, that's all I can think of right now!
Dog Topic Starter

^ I did have the intention of the character being quite put out about his short stature, yeah.
When I play a specific breed of dog, I also like to have their personality mirror the breed's temperament.
Jocosa (played anonymously)

Somehow i imagine him really gangly because of the proportions, and thin - and with many belts around his hips and pouches - for there is much space.

And for the background, he could try to keep the etablissement clean of rats and other stuff.
Perhaps old worn, too short leather trouser and a laced plain white shirt like the ones pirates wear.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Character help.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus