Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Of Ice and...Emotions?

Liam (played by Feenat)

Liam hit the ground hard enough to scatter the 3 peaches he still had in his hand. He couldn't help but giggle at the over joyous and over zealous response of his new found friend. He pushes him off carefully, and stands with help of Sakura.

Sakura scatters more peaches for the one and places a peach in Liam's hand as he begins to sing an old song to this pale boy. It was a song of respect and honor once song to the dragons in their own toung. While he sings he offers the peach to him. Sakura makes herself visable and smiles at the pale boy. Before she turns to play with his beautiful blue companion.
Flora Khan (played by Varizella)

Flora heard some noises from behind her. It sounded a bit like two children playing but behind her was only forest. What was that? There were some squeaks, then something or someone felt to the ground. This was the moment Flora realized she had to find out what was going on. Maybe someone was injured and they needed help.

She got up from the bench and turned to the forest. She approached it, carefully pushing away some branches. The next moment a song was playing. Flora didn't understand the message but still thought it was peaceful. She stood at her place in awe while listening.
Gavin (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

Such a strange little creature it was, wandering around devouring the scattered peaches. It caught the sweet scent of Sakura as it opened it's mouth to take another peach. The little guy hummed in fascination as it turned towards the new guest.

The pale boy took a step back, tail tip flipping back and forth. It took a few moments to realize that the song being sung was in draconic. He tipped his head as he listened. This was the first person who spoke his language, or so he thought. He replied with a question as he carefully reached for the peach.

Before he could take the peach, the little creature returned to steal it from Liam's hand. It's massive smile seemed to plaster "thank you" all over it's face. The sound of branches moving drew it's attention. It's smile faded for a brief moment but when nothing attacked, it took a flying leap at whatever was hiding.
Liam (played by Feenat)

Liam chuckled at this bouncy peach thief and returned his gaze to the young dragon. Sakura gave Liam one more peach and followed the blue dragon.

Liam smiled and in his last known words in draconian said "Welcome honored one." He remained calm as chaos seemed to come from behind the pale boy. Sakura faded from view as she ran to the side of Mother Nature who was watching from a distance. Taking a protective stand next to what Liam hoped was a new friend he watched where the noises were coming from. Realizing it was the blue dragon and Flora he stared to laugh.

Looking back at the pale boy he was trying to decide if he was annoyed, frightened, or just concerned. In a very calm voice he said. "It's ok, I won't let anyone hurt you or your friend. " Liam wasn't sure if he understood Japanese and looked to his mother for help as he released a calming energy.

Liam turned with a smile, to offer help to flora still sitting on the ground.

A little blue... something flew over to Flora. She couldn't really see it and the next moment it knocked her over. She fell to the ground. There she could see what had attacked her: It was a small dragon. Or at least she thought it was, Flora wasn't sure about this because she had learned that dragons are myths.

"Hello. My name is Flora. I didn't mean to disturb you." she told it softly. The little being smiled at her. "You are cute." Now she also smiled and sat up. Flora noticed Liam wanted to help her. Thankfully she accepted the offer.

Standing she also saw the pale boy. He just watched her. Flora felt like she needed to explain herself: "I'm sorry if I disturbed you. This wasn't my intention. I wanted to see if everything was alright because I heard someone falling."

Honored one. The true meaning of the words were lost to Gavin but nothing felt threatening. He tipped his head in the other direction when Liam spoke in Japanese. How could one be understood one mement then make no sense the next.

Hoping for more goodies, the blue dragon jumped circles around Liam and Flora. Its chubby little tail wagged faster than a dog's. Once it saw the new peach, it opened it's mouth wide to steal it from Liam again. The wiggling little fiend was snatched out of the air and placed on the ground between the three. Its eyes got massive and watery as it looked up at the pale boy.

He sighed and closed his eyes while reaching into his front pocket. A few sugary treats were pulled out, something that looked like a giant cookie, a flower that seemed to be made of taffy, and a massive round lollipop. Each were wrapped in a transparent cloth. The little dragon got antsy, barely holding back it's urge to jump as he offered Liam and Flora a treat.
Liam (played by Feenat)

Liam held his hand up to Flora. "It's ok Flora, he seems to be ok with us this time. Be at peace." His eyes met hers and he offered a peaceful smile before returning his gaze to their new friend. Liam bowed a thank you and took the taffy flower. He tried to repeat himself in draconian and realized he did an awful job by the boys face. Dropping his head he realized his hands were empty and mournfully let out a groan.
"Why didn't I spend more time with Master Satoshi? He was trying to teach me to speak the language. I'm sorry if I offended you. "

Sakura hurried to Liam's side and gave him a supportive hug. She decided to show herself to the pale boy. Her look of concern changed to a smile as she looked this new friend in the eye. She floated around him as she placed a Sakura blossom and a peach in his hand. She giggled a little as she returned to Liam's side and placed a hand on his shoulder. With her other hand she skritched the blue dragon behind a fin.

Flora felt peaceful. The monk seemed to be telling the truth. The pale boy respected them being there.

Flora chose the giant cookies and bowed to the little dragon. She searched in her pocket for something sweet in return and found a skirret which she offered him. It was a 6 in long carrot-like nearly white root which tastes sweetish. Flora hoped the little dragon would like it.

While Liam tried to communicate with the pale boy Flora ate the cookie. It tasted different from what she knew, a bit like it was made of oats and blueberries and... mint. No matter the ingredients she loved the cookie. She intuitively closed her eyes and made some sounds of pleasure.

The insult was nothing more than confusion. For as often as he had visited the world, the pale boy still could not understand the myriad of words that existed. While studying Liam's posture, he noticed a new figure show up behind him. The sudden appearance of the woman made Gavin jump back. At his feet the grass frosted over.

The little dragon looked at the strange root that Flora offered. It sniffed the skirret a few times then gave an adorable growl. The attention from Liam was delightful but the little dragon shook his hand away. Quickly it jumped up to pounce on Flora in an attempt to get the cookie.

Too much too fast. The pale one had just calmed down with Sakura's smile when he heard the angry squeaks of the dragon. He reached out to bop the blue fury in the head with the sucker. It sat still but continued to growl at Flora while Gavin crouched down by them. He looked at her with eyes void of emotion yet they still showed a gentle nature. Icy claws could be seen now as he pointed to the remains of the cookie then to the sucker he still held. It was unwrapped only to be placed before the growling dragon. "Ooo!" In an instant it smiled and snapped up the sucker then waddled away.
Liam (played by Feenat)

Liam looked up when he heard the growl. He wasn't sure how to respond so he watched the pale boy to learn. "Oh treats for the blue dragon not us. That makes sense. " Liam completely forgot about his short comings in communication and began to smile again. He looked at his hands and chuckled to see the sakura blossom in his hand. "Thank you sister."

He suddenly remembered what the monks sent with him and set his bed roll down. He pulled out of his coat pockets 3 paper bags of candy. "The monks make these for celebrations. I have green tea, cherry, and mint candy stix, please have a piece." Liam held the 3 bags of candy out to Flora and their new friend. He felt safe doing this now as the sugar hound was happy with his large sucker. He pulled a piece of mint for himself to show they were safe. Written on each bag in Japanese katakana and kanji was the flavor and date as well as which monk made it. Sakura moved behind the pale boy to encourage him to take one.

And again Flora sat on the ground. She wasn't expecting the blue animal to jump at her again. Also she didn't understand why. Gavins eyes told her that they wanted no harm. So maybe it was an accident? As he gave the little dragon the sucker she realized that she had just stolen the cookie from it. Liam confirmed her thought. As the dragon walked away Flora felt guilty. So she turned to them and said gentle: "Hey little, do you want the rest of my cookie? We can share it.", then she reached with the cookie in her hand.

She kept sitting at the ground and watching the dragon as Liam pulled out the bags of candy. "Thanks for the offer." She decided to wait for the pale boy to pick first because she wanted him to feel welcome and not pressured.

The little dragon stopped and looked over it's shoulder. It shifted the stick from one side of it's mouth to the other a few times before it wagged it's tail again. The little guy let out a joyful squeal as it bounded back to Flora.

The corner of the pale boy's mouth cricked up at the sight of the dragon attempting to eat the cookie while keeping the sucker. It vanished the moment Sakura drew his attention to the bags. Something about them caught his attention. He crept forward until he could he could touch the bags.

One by one his claw ran along the writing on each of the bags. He tipped his head as his mouth twisted with confusion. How could this be possible? Each bag was poked before he grabbed the ones labeled 'green tea' and 'cherry'. He took one from each bag and placed them into his right hand. With the other he dug out marks into the ground.

Though they resembled the Japanese writing, they were slightly different. What matched where the words "Thank you" and "Who".
Liam (played by Feenat)

Liam crouched down to study the writing better. Shifting over as he pulled the bags into himself he paused thoughtfully. Whispering to no one "Is it your ancestors that taught the monks to write?" He couldn't read it all but understood enough to write back "Your Welcome " and "my name is Liam I'm from the monastery on the cliff "in the dirt.

Lost in the awe of the moment he smiled. Was this young dragon one the monastery stories spoke of? Or at least is he a desendent of the folklore? Hearing the happy squeaks of the blue dragon brought Liam back to the present. "Flora can you write in Japanese? He is asking who we are."

As Flora and Liam were distracted with the writing Sakura created a Sakura blossom and gave it to the young white dragon. She pointed to the the blossom and then to herself as she smiled. She went over to sit with the blue dragon who was still trying to have its sucker and cookie too, while she waited for them to sort it all out.

Flora was happy the little dragon accepted her offer. It was so sweet how it tried to eat the cookie and the sucker together. She smiled as she watched him.

Liams question brought her attention back to the two boys. "Of course I can. I grew up here." she answered. Then she studied the writing on the ground. "Well, this is interesting. I can read some of this but not everything. I think we should just try to write with him regardless of whether he or we understand every little detail." Then she searched for a stick to write in the ground. She found one and wrote back: "Hello. My name is Flora." Then she tried to copy the signs beginning with "Who" because she figured they meant "Who are you?"

Of the various places he had visited, finally an area where the people made some sense. He placed the green tea treat in his before holding the cherry one out to his side. With his free hand he scratched out characters to best represent "Gavin"

The clouds were growing thicker and had blocked out the sun. In the distance thunder rolled. Gavin didn't flinch nor lift his head to search for shelter. The little dragon on the other hand looked to the sky with droopy fins. They perked up again when it smelled the cherry. It reeled around to rip the treat out of Gavin's hand.
Liam (played by Feenat)

Liam chuckled at the little dragon as his sweet tooth seemed to keep him in mischief. Redirecting his eyes to the dragons writing he recognized each letter. He carefully said it out loud to make sure he remembered the few draconian letters written. Looking the pale boy in the eye, " you're Gaven? Or Gavin?" Liam felt a tug at his coat and realized someone was after the candy. "Flora forgive me did you still want a piece of candy before this little guy eats it all?" He shifted the bags away from the little blue dragon and closer to her.

Mother Nature had moved in to weave the trees for shelter as she had done countless times before when a storm rolled in. She was extra careful not to be seen by the others. Something about the pale boy, named Gavin, felt familiar but she couldn't be sure as what she sensed was very old. Sakura made herself visible to the blue dragon and offered some peaches to lure him to the shelter.

The charakters in the mud seemed to say Gavin. "Gavin", Flora mumbled. She never heard this name before.
She turned to Liam and smiled because of his offer. "I'll take one of these green tea treats, thanks." Flora quickly took one before the little dragon could.

It was getting darker because of the clouds. Flora shivered. Then she saw the shelter that build itself out of nowhere. "Where did this shelter come from? It wasn't here some minutes ago, was it?", her voice was a bit shakey.
TLDL is to short not enough. buttt uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh reading. 9Apps VidMate apk VLC

Saving this for later (aka never I'm a procrastinator) I once saw an articular on fighting procrastinator and my first thought was I'll read that later. Still haven't read it.

The little dragon jumped about, eagerly stuffing it's face with the peaches that were offered, ignoring the fact that it was being baited. Once inside the shelter it lifted it's head, cheeks round as squirrels. "Mmm, nom, mum" Juice ran down it's jaw as it smiled at them.

The shaky nature of Flora's voice caused Gavin to look up. Though unsure of what she said, the strange shelter made him flinch. He got up and poked at it with his tail. Of all the times he had visited this world, this was the first time he had seen magic used. The winds began to pick up as he circled around the shelter. They caught under his hood and blew it back, blue glimmers could be seen in his hair just before he reached up and quickly pulled the hood down over his eyes.

He glanced at Flora from under his hood now. She was clearly bothered but what to do to calm her down? What had he seen others do? A few unsteady steps were taken towards her before he reached out. His hand hovered over her shoulder for a few moments before it finally rested on her shoulder. Never lifting his gaze he pulled another treat out, a purplish, oval fruit that gave a gentle glow. He looked at it for a bit before offering it to her.
Liam (played by Feenat)

Liam sent out a calming energy when he saw the shelter. With a smile and nod at Gavin he spoke softly "it's alright you two. I am usually alone outside if I'm not in the monastery. I forget what's normal for me is supernatural to others. Mother Nature provides my every need. Gesturing to them to step under, "with the storm coming she gives me shelter. It's safe." Liam walked in and sat down with the peach drooling dragon. He laughed as he had peaches dropped into has lap. "Sakura enough already. " as Liam burst out into laughter a loud clap of thunder rolled across the sky.

In the best draconian he could muster Liam said "Gavin meet my mom and sister " shifting his gaze to a clearly rattled Flora, "Let me share with you the ones who watch over me. I call them my Mom and sister." Shifting his gaze out to the forest "please mom help comfort them. Sakura I don't think they will hurt you. Let them see you." Mother Nature stepped out from behind the trees. She was elegant and graceful in her movement like an empress. Adorned in a dress made of flowers and leaves, she had butterflies dancing around her. Her hair flowed like a river gracefully over her shoulders and down her back, and her eyes were gentle and seemed to glisten with life itself. Her skin was white like the fluffy clouds on a lazy summer day. Her voice was like the soothing rivers as she spoke. With a respectful bow she said in perfect draconian, "Hello Gavin. I have watched over your kind for a very long time. Welcome, you will be a blessing to each other." Shifting her gentle gaze to Flora and now speaking in Japanese, "Hello my dear. You have a love for plants. I have helped you find herbs in the wild. This adventure your about to embark on will help you all grow." As fast as she appeared she vanished like leaves blowing in the wind.

Sakura made herself visible and stayed behind the blue dragon. Liam sighed "this is Sakura I call her my sister. " she waved at them made one more peach and vanished. "She is a bit more skittish with people. "

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Of Ice and...Emotions?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus