Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Radio Nowhere (1x1x1 with HRA and Olthain)

Kenneth Parcell (played anonymously)

(ARE YOU HAPPY?! XD jk)

Sanderson was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Technically, more like a truck and a crapload of zombies, but whatever. Same difference.
She was currently perched atop a delivery truck, having scrambled to its relative safety after realizing she didn't have nearly enough ammo to fend off this mini horde and not attract any others from the surrounding forest. It was quite annoying, and she regretted coming down this highway at all.
She frowned at the snarling pack of undead, not daring to lean out and look at them for fear of slipping off and tumbling into the outstretched arms of the brainsuckers. Now what?
The Twins (played by HRA)

((Very! XD))

And he wasn't perched. Well, a human being doesn't perch, per say, but more likely sits or stands. They aren't birds, you know. But we might've evolved from them... But anyway, where was I? Oh yes, I remember. Dale Barbara was walking along his merry way, not a care in the world. He didn't look to see zombies; they were everywhere. But none bothered him. Why? He had carefully hidden himself, and because they were mostly going towards one person. So, being him, he wanted to help. And he would. He had his flame thrower ready, and he began walking towards the horde.
Kenneth Parcell (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Sanderson didn't exactly notice him coming her way; she was more preoccupied with the zombies at this point. She was digging through her bag looking for anything else she could possibly kill them with and was finding nothing.
How disheartening.

Barbie had found the perfect place to set up shop. Well, not exactly the perfect place. He preferred a place where he could set up his HMGs or LMGs, like the .30 browning, or .50s. Of course, and automatic shotgun was really nice. But he only had a flamethrower, his Kantana, and a pair of automatic MAC-11s with enlarged clips. He wore a black trench coat, with a pair of aviators on, black combat boots, grenades, and ammunition clips. He wore holsters on his sides, below his armpit, for ease of access. He also had two MP5s with clips, and two Berreta 9mms. On his ankle, he had a 44 magnum revolver.

That's when he saw her, standing there, alone in her electric chair, so to say. He grabbed his flamethrower, turned on the flame, and turned, tossing it into the middle of the horde. In almost slow motion, as the flamethrower was in the air, he grabbed his MAC-11, and his Kantana, aiming. He fired two shots at the mobile tank, and it exploded into a massive fireball, engulfing the entire horde, leaving none alive, except for one, flaming and dying. Barbie walked up to it, and stuck his Kantana in the heart, killing it.

"Hello there,"

When the thing exploded, Sanderson quickly turned herself away from it, her arms crossed across her face to protect it. When the ringing in her ears had died away she was aware of a heat on her back and she quickly shrugged her jacket off, stomping the flames on it out with her boot. Now there was a singed hole in the back, but she put it back on anyways, fixing her glasses and sizing up the man in front of her.
He was well stocked, so she made a mental note not to make him mad. She doubted her current six-shooter Colt Python would do much against everything else he had, unless everything jammed at once. That was the only good thing about a revolver like hers- it never jammed. But she needed to get something that held a little more, because it was a pain in the arse to be loading and running at the same time.
She slowly lowered herself off the roof and into the hood, still watching him with a slightly wary expression.
"Thanks," she finally murmured, shouldering her satchel again and studying him with her light blue eyes.

Barbie pocketed his weapons, and picked up the black duffel bag he dropped. He opened a side pocket, and tossed an UMP to her, complete with five clips of ammunition. Then he zipped it up, and began walking away. He knew that he had a job to do: get to the source, and eliminate it. And survive. And right now, the source was far away, but he knew how to end them. He held out his hand for her to use to jump off.

"No problem. Come with me if you want to live," Barbie said, and he began walking towards his little fortress, which was perhaps one or two miles away.

A slight smile crossed her lips as she took his hand and hopped off the truck. "I get that reference." She inspected the gun and tucked it into her belt for future use, following him as he started off toward wherever it was he was going.

"Be careful with that SMG, Girl. You might shoot yourself. That Colt of yours you want to keep, too. It's better if you're careful, powerful, and loud, then light, reckless, and quiet sometimes." Dale Barbara had planned for all of these things before they even happened. He had bought a small house, and dug out the basement, so it was 10 times its original size, but no one but him would know. They got up to the front of his house, which was fortified in itself.

The left wall had a turret sticking out, the kind on castles. It had three walls to it, and three windows. He had cut out the bottom windows, and instead, made it concrete, and placed a M2 Browning in the bunker, so the gun was pointing out. He had done the same thing with all four corners of the house, and no one had bothered him. The second floor was full of .30s that were ready to open fire, and battlements. Around 50 to 100 people lived here. He walked up to the door, and looked into the hole, and the door opened.

"Welcome to my humble home,"

"Humble? This place looks better protected than Fort Knox," she commented, her eyebrows raised at everything she saw.
She also figured she knew how to use a gun, although his words made her a bit paranoid. Last thing she needed was to pop herself in the foot or something like that. The safety was on, right?
Right?
Oh, damn.

"Oh, it can last a long siege, but that's about it. Not too much more than one month. Don't worry, I have the safety on in your gun. And I'm assuming you know how to use weapons," Barbie could see in her eyes that she was worried about the gun, so he had reassured her. He gave the case to his second in charge, and cracked his joints. It was good to be back in base, for once. He sat down on the nearest couch, and stretched out. "Come, make yourself at home. After all, I'm assuming this is your new home, no?"

"Yeah, I'm not completely incompetent when it comes to guns," she agreed somewhat, shrugging and sitting down across from him, closing her eyes a moment to enjoy the feel of a chair. "I dunno, is it? The name's Sanderson, by the way. Doctor Mandy Sanderson, but everyone just calls me by my last name. Force of habit, I suppose."

"Doc, my name is Colonel Dale Barbara of the US Marines. Last surviving member of the government in the entire world. Call me Barbie. The man at the radio and computer is Cypher, our tech man. He's not like the Cypher from the Matrix. The scout that's jogging around is called Mouse. The guard at the door is Brutal, my four gunners are actually quadruplets. The names are Brad, Ryan, Dylan, and Rex. My second in command over here would have been Moriah, but I've never seen her for years and years. Instead, its an open spot. I need someone I can trust, and I'm training my men for that. The guys I just named off are all the members of my squad I put together from day 1." He sighed when he thought of Moriah, and looked off in the distance. She was the reason he went out every day. He wanted so desperately to find her, but never did. She just... Disappeared. He knew she wasn't one of the buggers out there, so it was only going to be a matter of time.

((Psst! I mentioned a character that's never going to be in this RP. XD good idea for another one, though.))

(Yeah xD oh, kuro)

She nodded, filing the names away into her photographic memory. "I was a CDC scientist before this whole thing broke loose. Actually brought some equipment along but I had to ditch it at some point if I wanted to live. Shame, too." She sighed, running a hand through her hair and she mused for a moment. Kole hadn't been so willing to leave it behind.
The thought almost broke her down again, but she bit her lip and blinked hard to get herself back under control. She was moving forward, she wasn't dead yet. No dwelling on things for her. That was how people died. No, she had stumbled across this place, or rather the other way around. It was time to start over completely.
Completely...

"CDC? What's that? Some company or whatever? I'm a little confused, and trust me, that doesn't happen very often," Barbie cocked his head to the side, and grabbed his Nalgene, and took a drink out of it. It was a long drink, emptying half a liter of water.

"Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The last part is kinda ironic considering that's where this stuff came from, but I digress. Basically I was a scientist who studied diseases and tried to cure them," Sanderson explained with a stretch of her arms above her head. "Came damn close to curing this one too- if I'd just had more time I'm certain I coulda done it. But it wasn't meant to be, and I'm here instead."
Amia Fawne (played by Freyya)

Amia held her breath as she heard two people come closer to the residence. She quickly got off a sofa and gathered her stuff, then hurriedly ran towards a closet, managing to close it in time for them to not sense her presence. She sighed in relief and lowered herself quietly, pressing her ear against the doors to listen in.

The fourteen year old hadn't survived on pure luck, she knew what she was doing. She just cursed her recklessness of making herself comfortable here. Should've known a place empty of zombies was still inhabited. And she didn't know if she could trust these people. She wanted to bang her head against the closet, but managed to stop herself in time. At that point, she accidentally nudged the baseball bat strapped to her backpack and it fell over, making a short but unmistakable banging sound on the closet floor. She held her breath and tightened up, not moving a muscle.

"GodDAMN woman, that's one helluva lot of sh- Did you hear that?" Barbie got up, and motioned towards the closet. Brutal got to it, and put his hand on the door. Barbie took out both pistols, and aimed it at the door, waiting for a second. Brutal opened.

Sanderson sat up at the sound, peering at the closet in confusion before slowly getting to her feet as well, not making a sound. That didn't sound like a deadhead to her...
Amia Fawne (played by Freyya)

Amia cursed as her entire backpack rolled out of the closet. as she reached out to grab it, she suddenly looked up and straight into two pistol barrels. She froze, and her outstretched hand was beginning to tremble. Oh, now I really screwed up...

"Whoa- Barbie, Barbie, don't shoot," Sanderson said as she stepped forward to see the girl. No visible bites, good. She quickly knelt down in front of her, her doctor/mother instincts kicking in. It had been forever since she had seen a kid.
"Hey, are you okay?" she asked, pushing her glasses up her nose and watching the girl with a slightly worried expression.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Radio Nowhere (1x1x1 with HRA and Olthain)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus