Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Detective/Robbery/Anime RP? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Greetings!

With the coronavirus keeping me inside my house, I'm trying to find ways to not get bored. After watching A LOT of Netflix shows and movies, I found myself recently inspired to create RPs based on them. These ideas have been simmering for a few days and are now ready to be shared with others! Here I am on this charming forum, hoping that other fellow writers would be interested to start a story with me.

Here are the few ideas that I've had while binge-watching films and eating popcorn in front of my television:

The Detective Team
It is quite self-explanatory, but I'd like to maybe give more precisions concerning this idea. Ideally, I'd like to set this RP in the Industrial/Victorian era (where there are hardly any modern technologies) near a big city like London or New York. This could either be a group or a two-persons RP, this would depend on how many people are interested. It could start off with a mysterious murder that will somehow bring our characters together and force them to join forces and arrest the murderer! Romance is always an option and any gender is welcome. I'm also open to some supernatural events (ghosts, magic, etc...) as long as they don't make the RP too surreal. If you still can't picture the RP, just think about the Sherlock Holmes saga or about the Netflix series named The Alienist - it surely will give you an idea.

The Robbery
This could be either a two-person or group RP. You are part of a big team that plans on robbing either a luxurious shop, a hotel or a bank. This idea could be set in multiple universes, even if I initially thought about making it a modern-based RP (for example, it could be set in an old-western setting or in a more futuristic one). I was thinking that our thieves could be known for robbing multiple places but have never been identified or stopped by the authorities. What happens when one team member starts to betray the squad? What could possibly go wrong when teaming up with gangsters? I based my thoughts on the well-know show La Casa de Papel and mafia-themed movies (the Godfather, The Irishman, Peaky Blinders). Romance is also possible for this plot!

HEADS UP : Now Looking for a few people to run a FarWest-Robbery-themed small group RP (probably around two or three other writers?). Interested? Message me or leave an answer on this thread! :D

Anime/Show-based RP
I'm adding this one since I've also been wondering about doing an RP based on either an anime or a TV-show/movie. I don't exactly have a specific show in mind, but I'm just mentioning that I'm always open to these kinds of RPs. Even if I don't know the show, I'm always willing to give it a try (plus it'll give me something to watch to kill my time). Do you have some OCs that haven't been used for a long time? Do you want to become the hero of your own anime/show? Please, let me know!

Thank you for reading this far! I’ll quickly finish off this post by saying that I have rules that each person who roleplays with me must follow. I invite you to take a few minutes read them carefully before messaging me. Keep in mind that these plots may contain some gore-stuff that might come off as horrifying or maybe violent (we're talking about action/mystery-centered roleplays with possible cases of murders, blood, and deaths; keep that in mind!). You can either answer this post or simply send me a private message and we will then be able to discuss the RP.

I do wish you a good rest of the day, hoping that I’ll see you around on the website!

Stay safe and wash your hands frequently,
Jencey <3
Magic 10%
On very, very, rare occasions there may be unexplained, POSSIBLY supernatural events. Minor "environmental" magic. Perhaps implies the existence of a deity or supernatural entity. Or perhaps it's just tricks?
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

giphy.gif

Jence wrote:
The Robbery
This could be either a two-person or group RP. You are part of a big team that plans on robbing either a luxurious shop, a hotel or a bank. This idea could be set in multiple universes, even if I initially thought about making it a modern-based RP (for example, it could be set in an old-western setting or in a more futuristic one). I was thinking that our thieves could be known for robbing multiple places but have never been identified or stopped by the authorities. What happens when one team member starts to betray the squad? What could possibly go wrong when teaming up with gangsters? I based my thoughts on the well-know show La Casa de Papel and mafia-themed movies (the Godfather, The Irishman, Peaky Blinders). Romance is also possible for this plot!

I know it's likely a long shot, but IF the old-west setting garners any interest, I have several shady wild west characters that could fit a small group RP with some robbery shenanigans! :)
Jence Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
giphy.gif

Jence wrote:
The Robbery

I know it's likely a long shot, but IF the old-west setting garners any interest, I have several shady wild west characters that could fit a small group RP with some robbery shenanigans! :)

That’s awesome! I’ll make a note in my original post and we’ll see if this idea becomes popular. If not, I’m always interested in a 1X1, RP (even if it might not be as interesting as a group RP, we could possibly work something out).

Love the gif, by the way 👍🏻
Jence Topic Starter

Still looking for partners! <3
I'd be interested in a wild west themed heist! I don't have any characters, but I can make one up to fit with a group.
Just throwing the Wild West Compendium out there in case of interest: https://www.rprepository.com/g/western

It could be a place for a wild west heist RP to live if you like the feature a group provides, but don't feel like spinning up a whole new group for this RP. :)

(Happy to play it in another format too if preferred.)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Detective/Robbery/Anime RP? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus