Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Draconia

Hi all, this is going to be my first roleplay on my account. The setting is in a fantasy world with all of the D&D races and monsters (feel free to create your own though). Now it's time to get into some backstory of the world.

The world, known as Draconia, is relatively new, and not much has been explored. Villages with a population of less than 1,000 are common, towns with a population of 5,000 are rare, and cities are a thing of legend. The majority of the explored land is forests, grasslands, and rivers, and the entirety of the explored land is surrounded by mountains.

Long ago, many of the Chromatic dragons (dragons that are red, green, black, blue, and white) felt that they were being discriminated by the Metallic dragons (dragons that are brass, copper, bronze, silver, and gold), so they formed a faction known as the Tyrants of Draconia. Many of the inhabitants of Draconia joined this faction, both dragon and not, and one day, they rebelled. After a long and bloody civil war, the Tyrants of Draconia were defeated and were exiled to the unexplored lands beyond the mountains, and whatever happened to them after is unknown. After that incident, some of the dragons that remained loyal to Draconia decided to form an order known as The Council, which is pretty much the government of Draconia. The majority of the inhabitants of Draconia agreed to have The Council put into place, and that is what has been governing Draconia to this day. There are still chromatic dragons living in Draconia, however, because not all of the chromatic dragons joined the Tyrants of Draconia.

New members of The Council are appointed every 100 years through an election. The current leader of The Council is an ancient gold dragon known as Zekandel, and it was Zekandel himself that banished the leader of the Tyrants of Draconia many years ago. Unknown to many citizens of Draconia, Zekandel is actually the twin brother of the very leader he banished: Chasm the Red - the red dragon that led the Tyrants of Draconia!

So now that we have the world backstory out of the way, I think I should establish some rules in this RP thread. Here they are:

1. Keep your posts PG-13 :)

2. Do not make other members of this RP suffer from overly-detailed sex or love scenes.
If you want your characters to make love or do mature deeds, just put '_____ and _____ have sex' or '_____ kisses _____'.

3. Do not kill off another person's character unless you have permission from the owner of that character.

4. Do not put another person's character into a relationship unless you have permission from the owner of that character.
What I mean by this is that you can't just say, 'My character _____ becomes _____'s boyfriend' or '_____ becomes friends with _____' unless you have permission from that character's owner. You can, however, say something along the lines of 'My character _____ really wants to become friends with _____!'

5. Don't be toxic and have fun! :D

Those are all of the rules. I will make my first post in-character soon!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Draconia

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus