Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » the Land of Syndrathaer

Jackson Hunt (played by Tugboattom)

As a continent filled with creatures beyond the wildest imagination it's no wonder the major cities are bustling day and night when guilds were established within the mainland to help serve the nation with the tasks not commonly taken action upon by knights. Instead, adventurers quickly skyrocketed in popularity and naturally attracted in hundreds if not thousands of individuals seeking a thrill. Despite the majority of the population being that of mankind those of different species were still seen exploring the cities; perhaps to the disapproval of some.
This is where the adventure begins.

A growing unrest was spreading along the continent of Syndrathaer as rumors of a 'tyrant king in the North' and his army of monsters had begun their assault to slowly conquer each nation to unify it as his empire and to the dismay of some, adventurers were quickly discovering they were treated as the first responding defense to such rumors with the influx of related quests pinned up in the guild hall with each new dawn. Not many adventurers were daring enough to take up the requests. Mostly due to the fear that the rumors turned out to be true and as a consequence of their interference they'd feel the wrath of the king for hindering his progress. As time passed on, those requests slowly began to accumulate upon the boards until one new adventurer seemed to show up at the guilds doors overnight. With a flimsy rag covering her eyes to hide them from anyone who set their eyes upon her, the slight point to the outer shell of her ears and fangs that peaked out beneath her lips when she spoke, she was recognized with a sense of mistrust by the other guild members. Vampires such as herself were known to come from the very nation this so-called tyrant was deemed a king. Though she claims she knows nothing of the suspicions, her interest within the quests surrounding the topic seems to prove differently. After tearing one of the requests off the board, pivoting on her heels and announcing to the hall that she would be needing at least one companion to complete the task at hand the commonly rowdy guildhall fell silent........
"Come on, Scarlett, you've already come all this way..you can't go back now," She huffed to herself while adjusting the strap of the quiver upon her back "you can do this, just go in, look over the requests and if there isn't any here, move on. Not so bad, right?" Her little pep talk probably didn't help with her already questionable image, to anyone walking by she probably sounded a little delusional and gave them even more reason to avoid her.

Whatever the case, her self encouragement seemed to work because before she could continue to overthink it her legs had already carried her up the worn stone stairs and through the front doors. Now it was too late to turn back, or at least that was her own mindset so she quickly got to work, she spoke to a worker at the guilds front office and explained she was an adventurer with the flash of a dog tag that held her name and her rank to prove her claim before returning it into a pocket.

The ranks could range anywhere from the beginner level 'D' to the most advanced, and wealthiest, of all adventurers 'SSS' people with a rank such as that were often those who took on challenges to slay mythical beasts such as dragons, leviathans, hydras and many more. As for why they had tags to begin with, well, it was mostly to identify those who didn't make it back from quests; it wasn't a necessary thing to carry around or have to be classed within the field but it helped.

Once her identity was confirmed she rushed off to the quest board with a few deep breaths. She felt ridiculous wearing that flimsy rag around her eyes and she could barely see a thing through the material but she did her best to make out the words on the parchment regardless, even if that meant leaning only a few centimeters away from the ink to make out the words. Her throat went dry when she eventually deciphered the description of each request; at least a dozen of them had something entailing a mention of the king in the North.

The more requests she looked through the more her blood boiled and without another thought she ripped one off the board and pivoted to face the rest of the guild hall, quest in her hand and extended outwards to show it off to the other members. "I'll be needing someone to join me for this quest!" she announced with a newly found confidence thanks to a fleeting moment of impulsive anger "is anyone willing to come along?" Unfortunately for her, that moment of confidence was quickly quelled like a flame left out during a torrential downpour when everything seemed to be put onto mute.

The longer the silence lasted the more she visibly uncertain she became, her shoulders raised and her brows furrowed while she tried to hold the paper still within her trembling hand. She held her breath and closed her eyes tightly as she mentally scolded herself for not thinking this through more, if she had thought over her words and not blurted it out so suddenly then maybe she wouldn't be stuck in such an awkward situation.
Jackson Hunt (played by Tugboattom) Topic Starter

Jax had always wanted some more adventure than his ordinary hunt for food, and the look for the his mother, the witch. He traveled down off his mountain to find a town. As he walked down he noticed a building full of people. He walked down as he heard a woman announce that she was going on a quest. He rushed down off the mountain in the form of a stag.

He got to the building and walked in. He raised his hand unthinkingly"I would join you if you don't mind. I've been looking for some adventure in me life."
"Really?" her face brightened with joy, a pearl smile gracing her lips when her head turned in the direction of his voice "well, um, that's a relief. Do you wanna grab a table, get something to eat then we can go over everything? Oh and I'll pay this time, my treat." Once the duo had found themselves a seat, Scarlett headed off to the bar to retrieve a meal for her new 'friend' and two tankards before returning to her seat.

"Oh, I should probably introduce myself, my name's Scarlett, nice to meet you," she said with her hand extended out towards him. After the introductions she placed the quest upon the table for him to read at his own leisure while she finished off her drink. It wasn't a particularly difficult task, a village in the Northwest had been terrorized by a group of hell hounds recently and was suspected to be linked in some way to the 'tyrant' further North, why then even came to that conclusion wasn't listed but for whatever reason it was enough to capture the interest of the vampire.

Jax chewed his lip as he pondered how to tell her. He shook her hand answering" My name's Jackson Hunt, although I would like it if you'd call me Jax. And um... I can't read" he breathed out. " Could you please read this too me. I was raised up on the mountains and I can fight, i just can't read." he said getting defensive.
She offered a small understanding smile before turning the page back towards her to read it out loud "don't worry about it, I only just started to get the hang of speaking and reading this language so I know how frustrating it can be sometimes," she sympathized and brought the parchment closer to her face to compensate for how obscured her vision was "The village of Vatilan in the Northwest is being terrorized by a group of hounds they're convinced were conjured by and belong to the king in the nation further North and they want someone to go out there and take care of the problem for them. The reward is twenty silver shillings."

" I'm good with that, not that I know how much twenty silver shillings are, or where to use the money. I'm here for adventure." Then he mumbled under his breath" and to find my mother, my real mother." And he began to speak so that she could hear" So... when are we going on this trip? It is night, and while I can see in the dark I'm... not so sure about you." Jax said as he stood up to put away his dishes and he grabbed up hers when she was done as well, just to be polite.
She offered a soft smile in response and didn't question the words her hearing didn't quite catch; figuring it'd been something he didn't want her to hear to begin with. Instead of dwelling on the missed words she moved on to talk about their journey "it'll take us two or three days to get there, I reckon," she hummed and traced small imaginary circles into the table with the tips of her fingers "as for when to travel. . .I should be alright to leave now, stereotypically my kind are supposed to be the 'creatures of the night' so it'd be weird if I couldn't, don't you think? This obviously doesn't help my case but once we get passed the city walls I'll consider taking it off, it's starting to get on my nerves anyway."

Scarlett brought her fingers up to the material covering her eyes to emphasize what she meant towards the end of her remark before gathering up all of her belongings- which wasn't a lot to begin with and prepared to head out whenever Jax was ready.

Jax grabbed his bow,sling,knives and blowpipe before he followed her out. He tapped Scarlet on the shoulder grabbing her attention. " Hey, so what do you have for weapons? I've got lots of ranged weapons. My knives are mostly throwing except for the one." He pulled out a thicker wider knife" Its a saxe knife. Made by some of the best smiths in the known world, it can break most swords if used properly. Not that I've learned how to use it yet. But when crossed with a throwing knife behind it to give it some stability, it can atop a sword. But that's the only melee thing I've got."
"I'm more skilled in swordsmanship than anything else really, certainly not an expert but I can get the job done efficiently enough," she mused "and recently I've been trying to teach myself archery but I've never used it in actual combat so I think that's somewhat out of the question."

"Oh, um, I left my bow and rapier outside the city, so I'll need to stop by and pick them up," she shrugged and adjusting the leather straps on her garments "I heard they weren't keen on my kind here, which is fair I suppose. . .so I thought they'd see me as less of a threat if I came in unarmed."

Once they had made their way out she picked up her weaponry that she'd hidden somewhere near the edge of the forests before turning back to face Jax with a smile. "Well, I'm ready whenever you are."

Jax smiled,searching through his satchel for his potions. He looked up apologetically. "My mother taught me alchemy and so I try to keep my stocks up. I'm hoping I'll be able to heal either of us if we get hurt."
"Alchemy, huh? That's quite impressive, I've heard it can be quite a challenging thing to master," she replied while she checking over her equipment a final time. Setting off down the trail that would, eventually, get them to their desired location when she was pleased to find she had everything that she would be needing. "I take it that you're quite close to your mother then? Ah- You don't have to answer that if it makes you uncomfortable, I just think it's kind of her to teach you such a thing."

Jack's mouth twitched as he remembered his mother teaching him. He decomposed himself before answering," Yeah... yeah we were real close." He stumbled over the words.His hand clenched his saxe knife until his knuckles went white. He breathed deeply to calm himself. She'd been gone for a while. He should be over it by now. He shouldn't be so soft. These are the things he told himself as he finally got control of himself. He set his chin, his mouth a thing determined line. He would not show his soft side. Not now, not ever.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » the Land of Syndrathaer

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus