Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » DESTINY POTATO

This may sound like a random topic but it's actually a band name.

A rock group with some electronic in some of their songs lol. Female singer. Idk the genre exactly but they're surprisingly great!

My favorite is Love Song. And... the song "Potato Salad"... lol. Or The Wheel. IDK WTF IT'S CALLED. I don't actually think that one is anything but them singing for fun, rather than to actually record for their band or whatever.

TesseracT is awesome too btw.
At first I thought this group was a joke band or something like that, but I really like their music! It's different, and I never thought I'd take a group called Destiny Potato seriously.

Especially since it reminds me of this.
magic-potato.gif

I can't help but wonder what went through their heads when they came up with the name for the band. It has got to be an inside joke or something!
MadRatBird Topic Starter

I don't know. They're kinda recent so maybe they were big into memes and saw the whole... i can count to potato down's syndrome memes and found potato to be symbolic of retardation, whether it's because of being goofy or actually mentally handicapped? AND MAYBE THEY THINK THEY'RE GOOFY/RETARDED AND ALSO BROUGHT UP DESTINY'S CHILD IN A CONVERSATION AND JOKED ABOUT MAKING IT DESTINY POTATO BECAUSE OF THEIR WEIRDNESS IDK I think too much about stuff when things are questioned.

Also wtf that gif lol.

But yeah, that was exactly my reaction. I was like... "Oh god what the hell is this? What am I about to listen to? Some guys singing about potatoes?" nope. Pretty girl voices who scream and sing in all the perfect ways for their genre. Soooo odd. :D. Wish they made more stuff though.
I want to listen to them now just for the name xD

Another weird but awesome band is Lemon Demon. Look 'em up, they're the best in the oddball music category. Their music videos are amazing too xD

I wish they had everything on iTunes... Although maybe it's for the best they don't or I would be broke right about now xD
MadRatBird Topic Starter

Oh I LOVE Lemon Demon hahah.

Not something I'd listen to all the time, but probably when I need a good pick-me-up. :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » DESTINY POTATO

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus