Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Great Trótskarr Ãokv'kele Race (Open Event)

OOC Prologue (We’ll be starting soon! :D)

The Great Trótskarr Ãokv'kele Race is an exceptional Event organized by Tam'nýer—a’!

To encourage participation by non-members, we are hosting this as a Global Thread in the Fantasy RP Forum. For this reason, the global thread will remain PG-13. Please respect this.

Can I participate with any character? Not really. Fairies, dragons, vampires and werewolves, and other fantastic beasts do not exist in Tam'nýer—a’, as the world has developed its own original races. However, if you have a human or half-human character, especially if they are a mercenary, bounty hunter, pirate, etc. they could stumble by accident upon this desert-like continent and explore Trótskarr for the duration of the Event without having to adapt to the lore and go through the group’s application process. Also, a reminder that technology simply doesn’t work in Tam'nýer—a’.

Does Tam'nýer—a’ have magic? It absolutely does, and in fact, magic is currently growing stronger! However, this does not resemble the magic you may be used to, and it cannot be used to give your character an advantage during the race.

Tam'nýer—a’ is an 18+ group, but the Race Event looks good and I can see it on the Fantasy RP Forum, so why not let me participate? Exceptionally, we will let everyone participate with a suitable character because the global thread will remain PG-13; however, please note that even if you enjoy the Event you cannot later apply to become a member of the group until you are actually of age.

**For existing members who wish to write freely, 1x1 stories building on the Race Event can be posted as closed threads in the Event Forum in the Group.

Wait, this is the first time I’m seeing this? Where can I find more information about this Event, and what are the Rules? Glad you asked! The Merchant is the character you should go see. You will find not only a description of the Event, Rules, Q&A but also the wares for sale and the lore you would need to know in order to be able to participate. All in one place, isn’t that awesome? :D

How do I participate? Simply choose an appropriate character and post in this thread by writing up the interaction with the Merchant and your choices of mount and items for the Race. After that, you can roll! :D The Dice Rules (as explained on the Merchant character page for each Segment of the Race) will determine your advancement and challenges to be faced, or the success or failure, but how your character deals with them is up to you. RPR courtesy rules apply and there is no posting order or frequency of posts. If you want to team up, coordinate with your writing partner in PMs but this is up to you! <3

How will I be able to keep track of everything? The Merchant will help. In Journal and Updates, the Merchant will keep track of your progress and also post a commentary of sorts of the Race. We are hoping this will be fun for everyone! :D For the same reason, on the Merchant profile you will find two examples of how the Rules work, for two different Riders. Go take a look!
Rush (played by Aine)

((Is this still a thing that is happening, and if so, should I begin the process of rolling for day 1? I am uncertain if I should or if it has stalled out.))
DorianM Topic Starter

((
Rush wrote:
((Is this still a thing that is happening, and if so, should I begin the process of rolling for day 1? I am uncertain if I should or if it has stalled out.))

Sorry. You can start rolling if you'd like and there is no need to wait for other players. There is no post order. Sadly, some of us are suffering from lockdown and IRL issues, but this Event thread will remain open, and other players may catch up with you. It wasn't clear if you wanted Rush to participate as part of a team, or as an individual rider.))
Rush (played by Aine)

((I'm open to either and I absolutely understand the need to wait for real life. I'm happy to simply sit and wait for the others too--No problem at all! I'm also very happy to team up with others if they'd like. I'll just wait for everyone else to get back. The slow pace actually works well for me. It was more meant as a query into whether or not I should continue to monitor. Now that I know the answer I will happily keep watch of the thread indefinitely.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Great Trótskarr Ãokv'kele Race (Open Event)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus