Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » LakotaSiouxWarrior musical corner

I think it is wonderful that you are doing this from time to time. I love learning all these little facts. Thanks a bunch~
LakotaSiouxWarrior Topic Starter

Thanks it is something i am doing creatively during this horrible virus time in our lives.

When bob welch left fleetwood mac. They added 2 new members. Lindsey buckingham and stevie nicks. The new members changed the band from a struggling blues band to gold and platuimm superstars.

Good musician advice don't leave your band right before it becomes sucessful. Pete best was in a group. He got fired by the manager and got replaced by Ringo starr. The group the beatles best selling group and musical catalog of all time. Little steven van zant left his best freind band to start his solo career. His freind became a music superstar on his release "Born in the usa". His best freind Bruce springsteen. Little steven rejoined the e street band in 1999.

The best movie about being a musician. This is spinal tap. It is hiliarious and worth a watch.

The Beatles released "let it be" today. The music cd. Their movie of recording it is a interesting movie about being in a band. It is being rereleased this fall being called "get back". Totally redone by another director with his take on this. They are planning a duel release of both movies.

Take 2 Studio musicians Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones take 2 unknowns John bonham and Robert Plant. Mix together. Instant chemistry legendary albums,performances and Songs. Ladies and gentlemen. LED ZEPPLIEN.

The best album to describe rock and roll. Neil young's "rust never sleeps". It has 2 versions of "hey hey my my". Acoustic and electric. One side of the album is acoustic the other electric. Not one bad song on the album. Then check out the movie. "Rust never sleeps". Neil young and crazy horse. I have watched this over 50 times. They are both worth a watch and a listen.

Another superstar group. Take 2 americans,a British musician, a hired gun from canada. Crosby,stills,nash and young. Fablous guitar work,outstanding songwriting and vocals. Another band with feuds,breakups and reunions. Deju vu and CSNY 1974 essantial listening. Their harmonies are beautiful like the beatles and beach boys.

The first rock musician to use a fender strat. Buddy holly. I will elaborate more on this later. Jimi Hendrix played one upside down because he was a lefty. Bruce springsteen,Keith Richards and ron wood all play them.

It helps to help another musician out. Joan baez helped out a young musician and songwriter by recording his songs. The songwriter bob dylan. Although his career eclipsed hers they toured and played together. On his 65 tour of England. His rolling thunder revue of 1975. She was in his movies"hard rain" and "renarldo and clara".

The best Beatle. The dark horse. George Harrison. He organized the first rock benefit. "Concert for Bangladesh. He formed the traveling wilburys. His first marriage didn't work out. But his second marriage worked out. He had a musician son. Typical George didn't marry a celebrity. Olivia Arias. She worked at his record company in the marketing department.She saved him twice. In the 70s when he was partying to much. When they were attacked by a stalker in their house. December 1999. Sadly George Harrison died of cancer November 29th 2001.

Neil Young. The father of grunge rock. The loner. He started with a group called the squires. Then the buffalo springfeild. They broke up he joined crosby stills nash as a hired gun to toughen up their image. His best back up band. Crazy horse. His music is inspiring and diverse. His music catalog is amazing. So is his website Neil young archives.

The father of Chicago blues. Muddy Waters. A band called "little boy blue and blue boys" changed their name to "the rolling stones". His legacy is immense in music history. He went from delta blues to band blues. With bass,drums and harmonica. Check out the 1981 release with the rolling stones.

Happy birthday Pete Townsend and Joey ramone.πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎ

Celebrate may 24th for bob dylan birthday. He wrote the book on songwriting. He is a successful whiskey seller. He has made innumerable comebacks. My character "Scarlett Sara Dylan". Thanks bob for being a inspiration to musicians and songwriters everywhere.

One of neil young's masterpieces. "Tonight's the night". A farewell eulogy to Bruce Berry and danny whitten. Both died of drug overdoses. The Γ‘lbum open and closes with the tittle track "tonight the night". In between are ballads rockers country music. As one that has struggled with and conquered addictions. Listen to this album. Its in the doom triogly. "Time fades away" "on the beach" and "tonight's the night".

Happy birthday bob dylan. May you stay forever youngπŸΎπŸ’–β€.

Rickenbacker guitars. The beatles used them. The byrds and tom petty used them also. So did chris squire from yes. I personally have the maple bass like paul mccartney used on 1976 wings tour of america. Expensive but worth it. Time to play "band on the run" by paul mccartney and the wings.

The first rock benifit was concert for bangladesh. George harrison helped out his freind Riva Shankar. Bob dylan,Eric Clapton,Ringo starr,leon Russell along with Jesse Ed Davis. Its a great concert to watch.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » LakotaSiouxWarrior musical corner

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus