Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Following along to Bob Ross every day (activity)

Following along to Bob Ross episodes every day until quarantine is over. Which is unknown of course!

I will be following along to random Bob Ross episodes every day digitally starting today, with the goal of simply following along and coming out with a finished piece. Don't worry if you need to pause to get something done before he moves on with it, that's normal! Don't worry about making it look just like his, make it your own. Do your own thing and have fun <3

I'll be following along to the collection on Netflix 'Beauty is in everything'.

And I will attempt to do every single day, but the point is to have fun, so some days I just might struggle to get one done, and that's okay!

I encourage anyone who wants to, digitally or traditionally to join me!

Today I chose season 1 episode 6.

I've already done mine for today but I encourage you not to look at my piece (or anyone elses) until you've done yours.

For this reason if you do it, put your art in a collapse tag. ^-^

I suggest resizing to a max width of 500 before you share and then leave a full size link if you desire.

DAY ONE:

1x06 Art
nature_painting_smaller.jpg

DAY TWO:

1x11 Art
frosty_winter_morn_smaller.png

DAY THREE:

1x09 Art
bob_ross_day_3_serenity_smaller.png
I’m totally into this! If I’d seen it earlier today I’d be working on one, but I’m off the computer now. Tomorrow, for sure! I can’t wait to see more.
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Day Two's episode is season/collection 1 episode 11: Frosty Winter Morn - on Netflix.

You can also view it here on YouTube.
I am loving this.

I think this is a wonderful idea and while I won't be participating myself, I am totally subscribing to this thread. I hope it catches on because it's so wholesome. ♡ We certainly need more of this sort of thing.

Day Three's episode is: season/collection 1 episode 9 'Serenity' - on Netflix.

You can also view it here on YouTube. It seems to be missing a little piece but I can't find another copy other than on Netflix.

I am having some issues with DID right now and can't focus so I might not get it done until rather late but I hope people join. <3
Awww it's so funny! Just did this with my roomies last weekend. :) It's a lot of fun to drink and get stressed out when Bob says "Let's get a little crazy now", and we're still four steps behind. It's great for people who haven't tried their hand at painting or much art before, like me!

https://i.imgur.com/zwaIHwn.jpg

@caihnriley that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing your experience with following Bob Ross even if it wasn't along to this forum. Though, if you could collapse that not to spoiler it but just so it's not taking up so much space in the thread that would be really great! <3

Day Four's Episode is: Collection/Season 1 episode 13 'Winter Paradise' on netflix.

You can also watch it here on YouTube.

Since it's Sunday and I still need to do yesterdays I am not announcing a painting for today, but encourage anyone who didn't to do yesterdays as well. A new one will be announced Monday-Saturday from now on. :)
So I was having major computer crashing issues over the weekend, but before that I had started testing out Affinity Photo with Bob's 1x04 episode, and got this far:

See more
pBf279C.jpg

I'm really struggling with Affinity's tools but I'm hoping that following along will give me a good excuse to explore and experiment with them.

Here's the palette equivalent from 01x04 if you'd like: https://i.imgur.com/8EXfA9G.jpg -- it deffo doesn't blend the same way as subtractive media (like acrylic paints) do, but it's kind of nice to work from the sameish bases that Bob does!
dray wrote:
So I was having major computer crashing issues over the weekend, but before that I had started testing out Affinity Photo with Bob's 1x04 episode, and got this far:

See more
pBf279C.jpg

I'm really struggling with Affinity's tools but I'm hoping that following along will give me a good excuse to explore and experiment with them.

Here's the palette equivalent from 01x04 if you'd like: https://i.imgur.com/8EXfA9G.jpg -- it deffo doesn't blend the same way as subtractive media (like acrylic paints) do, but it's kind of nice to work from the sameish bases that Bob does!

Affinity might be difficult to work with and you might be struggling, but your piece is beautiful! I love your style. <3

dray wrote:

See more
pBf279C.jpg

Oh it's beautiful even if you didn't get to finish <3 I am struggling between having so many things to do I'm tired by the time I can paint but I will put up another episode soon.
I hope you're able to get through the other things with extra energy to spare!

I was woken up WAY earlier than I normally get up this morning and decided to put all the energy to good use. I found a great site for randomizing which Bob Ross video you want to work from, here and got season 22 ep 7, which was a spicy one!

nlMtvZL.jpg

I'm starting to get a hang of the brushes I'm using, but only barely just. There are some quirks of Affinity Photo that I can't figure out how to work quickly around, so this thing took 3 hours instead of 30 minutes. Hopefully tomorrow is faster!

I won't be continuing this for the time being. I found out my nephew was murdered... As such I don't know when I'm going to have the mental energy to do this again. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But I hope people still follow along to Bob Ross on their own and be happy. <3
Oh Mercy, I am sending so much love to your family and his during this awful time. Definitely take the time you need to grieve. I'm so deeply sorry.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Following along to Bob Ross every day (activity)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus