Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » World of Darkness' First Birthday!!!

Queen_of_Hell

My range of emotions now:

giphy.gif d8c5a44dd9be97db5afdc1ec0fb6a9a4.gif giphy.gif

I feel like an emotional and proud mom, right now.

I can't believe it that it's been a year since I've made my very first roleplaying group World of Darkness. At the same time I feel like it's been forever that I have been surrounded by amazing people, but at the same time I can't believe that so much time has passed.

I do have a few things to say and some of it is for the RP Repository: I've been on many roleplaying sites, but by far, RPR has been the most positive place with an amazing community I've ever witnessed. The way the site is formatted, having the power to personalize character profiles, staff that is always there for the players and finally giving the opportunity for creating your own little corner in the world and welcome the like-minded individuals and players to interact in. I feel that one year is not nearly enough for me to learn and expand on all this, but I know for a fact that RPR has helped me discover a new passion and a place where I'm happiest. And compared to other sites I've been in, the people of the RPR make the most positive and considerate community on the internet. I simply cannot praise this site any more for what it is.

While I have spent a lot of time, effort and energy in perfecting (even though its FAR from perfect) the group, expanding the lore and everything that comes with it, WoD wouldn't be the place that is today without the members who I see as, not a community, but a family. Vamily, if you will. Patient, understanding individuals whose creativity knows no bounds. Not only are they dedicated to adding to the lore and the world, but they have always jumped in to help me in case some of my admin responsibilities have taken a toll on me. Their dedication on making our group a comfortable and positive place, and love they have for each other is just awe-inspiring and I can sometimes hardly believe that, this group that was a year ago a large ambition and a mess I was struggling with, is actually a place where others feel like its where they want to be.

WoD wouldn't be what it is without them. A family of people who genuinely care very much for one another and who care about growth and positivity. And I'm looking forward to see this group flourish further and further.

Thank you, Vamily. I love you so much, each and every one of you. <3
Hard to believe that a year ago, our WoD group was just a few people, now it's grown so much! While not quite a year ago (though perhaps almost) I was at a rather low point in my life. I had been struggling as a college grad and had been quite lonely moving back home with my parents, far away from all my college friends. I also had not had much luck with roleplays on RPR at the time, never quite finding something that really held my interest. My depression and anxiety as a result had me in a rather not so great headspace. Then suddenly out of the blue I got messaged by what was one of only two people in the group at the time. While initially hesitant to respond due to experiences in other roleplaying groups, I quickly found myself drawn in by the passion and drive of both Queen and Waldo and before I knew it, I had made my first werewolf and was the first official member of what was going to become a swiftly growing group. And all because I mentioned an interest in werewolves!

Since then, the group has become like family to me. They've been there and supported me through all my stress and anxiety going through grad school applications, listened to me vent about a bad day, and have become people I consider to be my closest friends. Every day I look forward to talking with everyone, talking about our plots and characters, swooning over our little ships, and sometimes just being silly with each other. Words cannot describe how much this group means to me or how much it has done for me. We have all gotten each other through so much and I am proud to know so many great writers and friends. And I look forward to telling even more stories with them in the future!
I will admit to having been hesitant when my best friend, Hooke, told me about this group. For starters, I had just barely come out of a years-long RP hiatus and my writing was embarrassingly rusty. I was not in a fantastic spot where my mental health is concerned, and I tend to be wary of others(after one too many toxic relationships and general mishaps). However, they assured me the vamily was legit.

So a few months ago, I gathered my courage and was accepted into the group. I was pleasantly surprised to be welcomed warmly and made to feel at home. It was the perfect environment for me to go to while getting back into the swing of roleplay.

Excellent writing and genuine passion for creating a lush world of brilliant characters aside, the group feels like family. Everyone is supportive and understanding, even when I had to take a few weeks away from the group, when I returned I quickly felt as if I had never left. I am bad at expressing squishy sentiments, but suffice it to say:

I love everyone in the vamily. Regardless of what may be going on in the world around us, the World of Darkness is there for us to escape into and, ironically, be bathed in the light and warmth of earnest human connection that makes the bad days more tolerable.

Happy Birthday, WoD, I can't wait to see how you grow.
Hierophant

Ahhh where do I start. Coming to RPR I was unsure whether I would stay, wanting to see if it would fulfill my roleplay itch, having just gotten into VtM some months prior and played through bloodlines I was very curious when I stumbled upon WoD, loving the aesthetics and very well put together pages I was instantly tempted but decided to sit on it. Given groups are a big commitment as well as the fact that so many fall apart too soon due to mismanagement/ lack of active people. So I sat on it, decided **** it, lets go. Got into contact with Queen asking about the activity requirement- was blown away and heavily relieved to hear what anyone with an adult life/other issues does: no stress or mandatory activity beyond very do-able contributions. As an adult with disabilities and pretty bad ADD, there's nothing more relieving than not being pressed to do something, you're more productive the less pressure! So I went through, and chucked my loved Tzimisce in, a char from a book of mine who I'd recently revamped to be in the VtM world. I was quickly hooked and fell in the character trap.

I soon made the Primogen Malkavian, and couldn't help but add a good portion of my other critters too! Creativity is tastefully given limits but encouraged to be original and enjoyable. I've enjoyed mixing elements of my original works into the world of Vampire the masquerade and others. I love meeting people and having characters interact and have the city feel 'lived in'

Major plots are also adult/busy/health conscious which I deeply appreciate- having been forced to sit out of numerous events in the past or breaking my health/schedule/other activities just to move in. I deeply appreciate that abt WoD. Love the admins as well, I feel listened to and having somewhat recently joined in, I love that they are friends but will also dish out the necessary hard stuff when it comes out. Also as a forgetful shoe and someone who's brain sometimes doesn't compute things with one explanation, nothing is more relieving then an openness to questions- even if asked before and an unbeatable friendliness to explain how things work c:

If you want a delightfully paced, creativity, fun and friendly group and love the likes of Vampire the Masquerade, Hunters, the reckoning werewolves and more!! Come on in, I can't recommend this group enough .

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » World of Darkness' First Birthday!!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus