Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » 2020 Overview

Let's see. WWIII almost started, we have a virus pandemic ongoing right now still causing many to die and we are getting good weather WHILE WE'RE IN LOCKDOWN. It's almost be half a year already and this year has sucked! At least I have people on the internet to hang out with. Things are at least getting better to.
I miss going out with my friends and eating kebab on sundays.
Rogue-Scribe

World war 3? Did I miss something?

2020 does need a reset though. Let’s restart the year on July 1!
Don't forget the fires in Australia and the murder hornets.

Regarding the WWIII thing, I can't remember what it was anymore, but yeah, there was some significant stress building up between some countries and someone with authority in the US - who I will not identify further - nearly blew things up with terrible comments and decisions. It really was pretty amazing that it didn't spark a war.
I remember my friends and I made a list of things happening this 2020. It did include WW3, the Corona Virus, the fires (poor kualas!) but it also had the Volcano Eruption we had here, the drought, the recent pest infestation... It almost felt like the end times. We even tried to correspond each event with the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse... But I'm not saying that this really is the end. It was just an idea my friends and I thought of.... ^^ Anyway, I hope everyone is doing okay. Take care and stay safe always! <3
nindyaru

Jimmybean123 wrote:
Let's see. WWIII almost started, we have a virus pandemic ongoing right now still causing many to die and we are getting good weather WHILE WE'RE IN LOCKDOWN. It's almost be half a year already and this year has sucked! At least I have people on the internet to hang out with. Things are at least getting better to.

WWIII?? I didn't know that. No, I wish it would not happen.

But I agree with you, this year has sucked thanks for corona pandemic. Cancelled events, shortened work shift, lock down, many people dead and many others lost their job. I hope this pandemic will end soon.
Rogue-Scribe

Well, ¾ of 2020 has passed and the C19 toll approaches a million worldwide. There are bands that are booking gigs in 2022 as the prospects that 2021 will be a better year for the live music artistry begin to fade. Welcome to the new normal I guess.
Don't forget the fires in western America and the fact that we reached the secondary alphabet during hurricane season. That almost never happens. Hell, my coworkers were showing me video of a storm that hit Vietnam as well. Seemed like a big deal.
There's also been the renewed social rights movements.

Murder hornets turned up as a blip.

There have been a number of extra painful celebrity and political figure deaths.

I'm certain I've missed a lot. Info burnout, stopped following.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » 2020 Overview

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus