Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » STRAY KITTEN

Sanne Moderator

foifds SO ADORABLE!!!

Pictures like that make me happy. XD

You can train cats to walk on a leash and ride a car buckled into the seatbelt by the way. :P I've taken Dette through the drive-through with me and Minke frequently walks to my friend's kid's school with his ferret buddy Momo. My third kitty has only been with me for about 2 months now so I haven't had a chance to train her much yet, but she also rides the car without too much a fuss and without carrier. :)
Libertine Topic Starter

Oh wow, I've never seen that sort of fancy car setup for a cat before o: I didn't have a carrier when I took her to the vet, I just made a little "nest" out of a small blanket & she curled up in that for the ride. I'm really interested in getting her a little harness for walks, though!
Aww, kitty & ferret <3 I adore it.
Kim Site Admin

Wow that cat is jaw-dropping. Definitely one of the most glamorous coats I've ever seen on a stray!
Sanne Moderator

Libertine wrote:
Oh wow, I've never seen that sort of fancy car setup for a cat before o: I didn't have a carrier when I took her to the vet, I just made a little "nest" out of a small blanket & she curled up in that for the ride. I'm really interested in getting her a little harness for walks, though!
Aww, kitty & ferret <3 I adore it.

They sell harnesses for cats and they sell seat buckles for pet harnesses (usually for dogs). :) That's what I combined for my kitties and they're so relaxed in the car they just doze on the chair or look out the window while I drive. I mainly bought the seat buckles for their protection - I don't want them locked up in a carrier that they can't escape from, but I also don't want them flying out the window when I hit the brakes. So this was the perfect solution!

Just a word of warning: Hobo might just drop to the floor and not move when she first gets her harness. Cats can be incredibly dramatic when they get to wear things they're not used to. If I were you, I'd leave her on the floor and try to lure her with treats if she does that until she moves. She will eventually. In the meantime, just giggle like a maniac. :3
Sanne wrote:
Just a word of warning: Hobo might just drop to the floor and not move when she first gets her harness. Cats can be incredibly dramatic when they get to wear things they're not used to. If I were you, I'd leave her on the floor and try to lure her with treats if she does that until she moves. She will eventually. In the meantime, just giggle like a maniac. :3

That...sounds...hysterical. XD Am I a terrible person if I want to see a video of a cat doing that?? XD
Ixxy (played anonymously)

Issu cute >x<
EdtheNeko

CelestinaGrey wrote:
That...sounds...hysterical. XD Am I a terrible person if I want to see a video of a cat doing that?? XD
As you wished...

Its the same reaction to tape in certain places...
Sanne Moderator

Stumbled across this picture, and this is how you initially walk your cat before s/he mans up and walks on their own:

539213_464342513587129_1897061684_n.jpg
i had a cat i would out in baby doll cloths and in the stroller and hed be so content and happy hed go to sleep.
Libertine Topic Starter

Haha, these are too funny!
She's definitely filled back in nicely since we took her in. Here's her tonight:
884340_651013421599717_181829992_o.jpg

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » STRAY KITTEN

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus