Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Leather goods for YOU!

Ilmarinen Moderator

Hello everyone! Since everyone else is making a commission thread, I thought I should too. I make a wide variety of leather goods with an emphasis on fantasy stuff (like you might wear to a Renaissance festival). Since I've only been working with leather for a few years and I haven't taken on too many commissions, my prices are pretty darn cheap. I also have a good number of premade items for sale!

Here's my leathercraft gallery that has almost everything I've ever made. I don't have set prices for most things, so if you have an idea, send me a message and I'll give you a custom quote!

Geometric cuffs: $23
These are my bestselling item so far--all my examples have loving homes. Maybe it's because they're hella fashionable! Maybe it's because they're only $23 for a pair! You decide. ;) Geometric cuffs look like miniature lace-up bracers, so they're good for LARP events or just as an interesting fashion statement. If you order a pair, you get to choose the main color, the panel color, the hardware color, and the simple design.
Samples: 1 2 3 4 5

Ring bracelets: $12-$15
These are simple leather bracelets can have either a snap closure ($12) or a buckle closure ($16). They're sold in pairs. You get your choice of leather color and hardware color.
Samples: 1

Snap/Tie bracelets: $6-$8
These are the most inexpensive thing I offer right now! They're about 3/4" thick and can be sized for your wrist if you get a custom one. They either snap or tie, and can have pretty much anything you want on them. Runes, designs, your name... lots of options.
Samples: a bunch

I also have a ton of premade stuff up on Etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScreamingNorth
That is so cool!

Could I reserve a Celtic Rose Cuff? :3 Dad said if I mow the lawn and vacuum the car, I can have the twelve bucks needed (wewt for the five dollars off!) to get it. :)
Ilmarinen Topic Starter Moderator

Sure thing! :D Thank you!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Very impressive work Heimdall :D
Oh, btw, Heim, I have a rather small wrist. xD Would that be a problem?

It should be fine! This cuff is pretty generously adjustable since it has laces. If you want, you can tell me the circumference of your wrist and I'll compare it to the cuff.
Okay :)

According to my string and my tape measurer, my wrist has a six inch circumfrence.

Also, how do I pay? PM me?
I'm considering getting some bracers for Renfaire, now I know where to get them :D
Also, I want that bag >>
LOL when I saw the title I thought this was a kinky thread :)
Prolly can't afford any of this, but nice stuff.

Red and blue eyelet bag reserved for the wonderful Foxy. ;)

And Letzte, I can make fetish items, but mainly my stuff is for LARPs or fantasy, sci-fi, furry, or anime conventions.
Hnnnnnng I forgot you did leatherwork! Depending on the outlook of things by the end of next week, I may contact you about making something very very special!

Sounds good! :3 I can't do huge projects like breastplates at the moment but I can do plenty of small things. So just note me if the outlook is good!

I've added new things and removed a bunch of others (it means they sold, which is a good thing). I figured I'd dust this topic off and see if anyone else is interested in some shiny leather wares!
Minerva

Oh neato, these are really cool, just out of my nonexistant price range right now.

Would you ever take a completely custom commission? Like, say I wanted a cuff or a bracelet of a certain size, but I wanted certain emblems carved in that were unusual, is that within your potential? I imagine it would cost more, but... well, I need more Asmodeus and Horus swag. ...Maybe Athena. Athena's pretty under-represented at my house.

(I'm an odd duck)

Thanks! It depends on the symbol and the size of the piece. Most likely the answer is "absolutely!" Some symbols are too intricate to carve on smaller things (like a band bracelet, which is under an inch thick generally) or aren't the right shape, etc. My prices all include custom carving (within reason), colors, and sizing, actually. :)
Minerva

It would probably be something like this: http://nexxushost.com/szurane/taurus/asmodel.gif Or maybe this: http://nexxushost.com/szurane/taurus/Asmoday.gif

I don't have an Athena one freely available for example.

That would be doable on a cuff or thicker bracelet, but not a thin-banded one. Looks complicated though!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Leather goods for YOU!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus