Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » NW IX Unlimited (1x1)

Sienna Testa (played by Sage-Thorne)

"...I know, Oracle, but I promise to get you the payment once I get my next-level bonus--"

"No payment, no service, Pyron. You know that's always been my policy. Now pay me or get out."

Oracle pressed one of the holographic buttons on her chair's arm and turned back to her screens, resuming her typing. In New World 9th Edition Unlimited (the popular virtual reality game affectionately known as NW IX Unlimited), Oracle was a Hacker. She was an expert in her field, and both Citizens and Code-Breakers alike came to her for help. The name Oracle was famous...in the black market, of course. Never would anyone dare speak her name on the streets, lest they be overhead by a Moderator, or worse, an Admin. She was on Ultimate level in all classes--Bounty Hunter, Sky Boarder, DigiJockey, and the like--but it was most likely because she rewrote her own coding. She could delete other Players with a few simple strokes on her keyboard, give level bonuses, and even make Players invisible to the Admins. All this was costly though, usually more than a few megabits. And those who couldn't pay the price would get nada, zip, zero, zilch.

And Pyron was a level 6 wanna-be Alternative that happened to be unable to pay that price.

"I know, but--"

"Quit wasting my time before I delete you!"

Yes, Oracle was known for her... fiery temper. She wasn't very patient at times, and could appear intimidating to your average Citizen Player. But Pyron was intruding her space and wasting precious time she could spend trying to get through the new firewall the Admins had placed on their bit accounts. She wasn't in a pleasant mood.

But once she finally got peace and quiet, she realized she was supposed to meet some Players at the Hub in just a few moments, so she reluctantly shutdown her work (no prying eyes from curious Players, please) and grabbed her Sky Board. She tossed it in front of her and pressed a button on her wrist brace, and the board light up and hovered a foot or two over the ground. She stepped on, locked in her boots, and started towards the Hub.
Out of a pub walked Myron, with people shouting obsenities at him."Well, excuuuuse me! How was I supposed to know that mob was going to spawn there? Gawd!" The bald young man turned around and walked around the plaza, his pet right on his shoulder.

Those Players were his teammates from last run. They barely got got out of that one with the skin on their backs, and of course the Sniper is blamed for not paying enough attention to crowd control.

To be fair, it was Myron's job at the time to keep an eye out, but of course he was too focused on single targets rather than the lot. But no one had died! Surely that counted for something, right? Not to them, apparently.

Myron wandered around the hub. Originally he was just a simple Player of the Rifleman class, after which he focused in the sniper skill path. It helped him out well, staying away from the action and picking off targets one by one. Especially with his pet. Borris the monkey had one special skill; It would pick up notable loot from corpses. A rare drop indeed, and Myron was quite proud of it.

Sadly, that attracted unwanted attention at times, even now, in the Hub as he sat down on a bench a couple of gangers were staring him down. He wasn't high level, but not exactly low either. He was somewhere in the middle, a threat to those below him and just another playtoy to those above.

It wouldn't be long until Myron could enjoy another eye rolling moment of half decent insults.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » NW IX Unlimited (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus