Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Some Help with An Essay =)

Hi everybody! In my school it's required to do a very important essay for graduation and I chose to write and talk about the negative effects of people (especially teenagers) trying to hard to fit in society and in groups in general.

So, I wanted to have a wider view of what's really happening around in schools and at the work environment, since in my country, stuff like bullying and other things exist but in a low level. I'd like to know just some opinions about it, and if you feel confortable, personal experiences. I won't cite them, it's just to give me an idea to write about the topic accurately, because it's something that really interests me. I feel like hearing it from people here it's better than just doing the standard research on google.

=) Thanks
The Chocolate War is a young adult novel that focuses on bullying. I definitely think you should look into it!! It has a very important message about bullying and having to 'fit in' to a society and be who everyone else is and do what everyone else is doing.
Annie_isOkay Topic Starter

Thanks! I'll check it out =)
Be warned; it's pretty depressing! But like I said, it holds a deep message about bullying and it would be a great academic resource to consult in an essay.
The book Thirteen Reasons Why is also pretty good, though it is fiction. It's a good social narrative about not understanding each other and how things that people perceive as dumb, victimless crimes can really be the last straw for someone else. It isn't really about bullying, but just life. At the very least, it is an interesting read.
Annie_isOkay Topic Starter

*Depressing is okay, it'd help a lot

** Bullying is going to be more of a secondary effect I'll talk about so another aspect of the topic is very welcome, thanks!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Some Help with An Essay =)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus