Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » [Interest Check]A RP a day keeps the Big (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Alright, hens, raise your hand if you're like me and your mental health is not in a good place right now. I feel you, I'm right there with you. When I'm at a point like that, which I am, I like to distract myself through Role Play, because it gives me the chance to be someone else for a little while, and let me tell you, hennies, it helps me a lot.

Therefore, this post is going to be a big, interest check, where I will write out a variety of role plays I'm currently interested in exploring. If you like any of them, leave a comment here or PM me.
Slice of Life
I don't have any specific plot in mind for this, but here's some vague possibilities:
    -our characters are coworkers at a school (See a different post of mine for more information on this)

-A typical "We met in a coffee shop" starter

-Your typical adult RP. We play adults. We work, we hang out, we've got homes and apartments and dreams and whatever. This is most similar to Friends or How I Met Your Mother. It's fun, I like it. You can be any age of adult you want.

-You can be a child between the ages of 8 and 17. Maybe you're homeless, maybe you ran away. Let's do a found family story. It's fun, and can be really sweet.
Basically, just some nice, down to earth, mostly wholesome story. These stories are, in my opinion, especially good for when your mental health has yeeted itself straight into the garbage, because they can stay light and happy. I like that.
Fantasy Adventure
I love fantasy, I really do. I love Lord of the Rings, I love The Elder Scrolls, I love The Princess Bride, and the Last Unicorn, and Dungeons and Dragons: I love all of it. Give me dragons and elves and faeries and magic, please. So let's go on a fantasy adventure! I have the skeletal outline of an adventure for us to go on, but I don't want to put too much detail here, to keep the mystery. I'll be playing a Ranger-Bard, and hey, if you have your own ideas for a quest, let's do it! Raise your hand if you actually enjoy being on Earth right now? Who enjoys the human race at large? I don't see a single hand, nobody likes it, so let's do something where we can be free of all of Modern Day stress and Modern Day problems. Throw them into the bin with my mental health, let's have fun! Let's fight a dragon, OR, let's have a character be a dragon!

I am also willing to combine a fantasy adventure with slice of life, so it's a fantasy world with fantasy characters, but they're doing things like getting coffee and picking up dry cleaning.
Historical Travel Story
This is something I thought up just as I was typing this. Picture this: It's the late 1800s, or the early 1900s. Our characters are on a train, and they're traveling across Europe (or North America, but if it wasn't for the 'rona, I'd be in Europe right now studying abroad, so, I'm partial to Europe), when suddenly...
    -The train crashes

-Someone is murdered (Agatha Christie eat your heart out)

-Nothing dramatic happens, it's just a historical bonding trip
Pick whichever option you prefer, or let's think up a fourth option together! I'd like it best if the drama doesn't happen immediately, though. I want the nice set up where the characters are introduced, and they start getting to know each other before anything intense happens. I want it to descend into historical drama, not begin there, you know? Heck, this story can also be combined with Fantasy!

So those are the three main genres I'm looking for at the moment. Again, if you're interested in one (or more!) of them, do not be shy! We all need an escape. The only thing I'm really not looking for is romance. I'm totally down for some unrequited feelings, though! I've never done a story like that, but I feel like trying it out.

Also, I'm in the Eastern Daylight Time zone, which I'm trying to start the trend of establishing. I think it's useful the same way establishing play styles are useful.

I'm serious, though! If you have any ideas I have not listed, share them with me! Let's talk, let's collaborate!
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 10%
Romantic themes are possible, but won't pan out. For example: unrequited love.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Hey I would love to do a slice of life story with you!
I would be interested in doing an adventure rp with you (and I would enjoy a little bit of slice of life coffee too)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » [Interest Check]A RP a day keeps the Big (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus