Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Spirit Journey[Dimensional/Time Travel A (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Nomad (played by SparksFly)

"One is never afraid of the unkown; one is afraid of the known coming to an end."
- J. Krishnamurti
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRwOhswC8TlMv0wfyZEPF9IaFGWElszDhZXJw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Letting go is the hardest part. Not just the human process of losing a loved one, or leaving a soul mate. No, letting go of a world. A comfort of the place you know. A entire life on a plane of existence that regardless of your control over was something that you somewhat understood just fine. A home, not in the personal sense but a universal one. All gone, replaced with another foreign body, soon to be replaced again.

This is the fate of the Nomads and those who manage to slip behind them into another reality. This is the fate of the wanderers, may they find peace in unfamiliar lands. This is the fate of the uncertain, never knowing what they where or where they belonged.

A existence doomed to never have a home, never have a sense of self. A existence blessed to see all the universe has to offer. A existence uncertain or what the next day brings.

Think of it as a work of fiction but you too may find yourself thrown into this very real reality. Caught between worlds and universes, none of which belong to you. Struggling to grasp the true self when it has all been grind to dust. What then will you be? Would you truly cling to that vain idea of your own self, would you reach a higher understanding of the universes vast expanse, or would you crumble beneath the weight of all you don’t know?

There is no time to ponder on these questions.

Just breath.

This is a new beginning.

————

Since I was young, I always had this idea of a story involving a Native American character being sent out on a spiritual journey across time and space, appearing and disappearing from worlds and places, and trying to adapt and overcome each new world he is thrown in. All of this being in the veil of trying to gather answers and get one step closer to his journey into becoming the spirit said to protect humanity. I won't pull any punches; this is pretty much based on Doctor Who, as I was very much a fan at the conception of this idea. However, in reality, the only thing that remained intact from the inspirations of Doctor Who was the ideas of time and interdimensional travel, which is not even a Doctor Who thing that is just a Sci-Fi trope on its own.

I have been writing my ideas down into story form, hopefully turning it into a novel one of these days. Then I also thought, hey this might make for a cool rp, and thus here we are. The idea is rather simple, but through its simplicity, I am confident it will find complexity. Your character and mine meet through some kind of fate encounter, and the journey through time and space begins. The encounter could happen by either your character somehow managing to slip into some other form of reality. Maybe they accidentally discover a portal, or maybe they just woke up and boom, no longer in Kansas. That would be up to you. Another, possibly more simple way, is for my character to be visiting the world that your character inhabits, and letting the encounter ensue that way. I want this rp to be as open as possible, and given the idea of inter-dimensional travel and all, your character can pretty much be anything, be it alien, human, dungeons and dragons race, I dont really care. I only have one rule to impose however; I would prefer your character to not have pre-existing powers of other worldly travel. The only reason I ask of this is because I feel like having a character that will have an entire system shock of having their entire beliefs flipped upon their head once they are thrown around to all these other worlds and time periods, would be a lot more interesting then if both people in the party were used to that sort of thing. Although if you happen to want to use a character with such powers, I would recommend a small re-wright, where at first they don't have such powers, but gradually as the story goes on, it starts to become apparent that they are unlocking the abilities.

I have been working on this idea as its own separate thing for years now, and I already have a large back catalog of worlds and and settings to explore. And I can also promise that there will be a story goal, and the RP wont just be random wondering around in worlds. I am a man of surprise though so I am sorry to say that I wont just lay out the story here, I would prefer it unravel as we play; especially since it could change wildly depending on how you and I mold the story together. With a wide variety of settings and possibilities, with plenty of room for action, character moments, and whimsical journeys, this rp should suit just about anyone with a sense of a good time. I do perfer rp partners who dont mind responding in multiple paragraphs and is considerably literate.(I am not a grammar freak bar in mind, I just like my partner to consider adding a good amount of detail) If this rp seems like your tea of cups, give me a message and we can discuss further how this is all going to work out and try to get the ball rolling. When I find the partner I wont I wont be taking anymore role play request, so get this gravy train a'rollin before its too late.

-Audios, Cowboy.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 100%
Far future, perhaps galactic teleporters and fast terraforming
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Gurgal (played anonymously)

Hey I would be interested if you don't mind playing with a grung ( a froklike dnd race). I have homebrewed somethings with this character but it's mostly true to the race. I also figured the backstory would need to be changed some as this was originally written for a completely different story. I don't mind doing an over haul of most of his stuff as long as the fundamentals of him being a small strange frog hellbent on learning everything stays in place. ( Perhaps he even gets overwhelmed when he realizes there is no way he can learn all of the many things across space and time in one life. )

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Spirit Journey[Dimensional/Time Travel A (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus