Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » A moment of silence, please

HRA

A moment of silence for those who died in that horrid 9/11 attack. May their souls rest in piece forever.
Amen. 3:
Got my candle burning for the day..Remember the ones they left behind, as well. </3
Yes, remember them. I had a friend that survived the pentagon
It ws a very sad occurrence, and one none of us will ever forget.
I try to not think about it, though; I just chalk it up to human nature, and yet another act of war that's been prevalent throughout our history. It has happened before, and will happen again, unfortunately. I'm sorry if I sound callous, and I'm sorry for anyones' losses.
EdtheNeko

Raymond wrote:
It ws a very sad occurrence, and one none of us will ever forget.
I try to not think about it, though; I just chalk it up to human nature, and yet another act of war that's been prevalent throughout our history. It has happened before, and will happen again, unfortunately. I'm sorry if I sound callous, and I'm sorry for anyones' losses.
Agreed, perhaps in another 10 or 20 years from now it will stop being on the news. Then it wont be on everyone's minds, so it gives them a chance to forget and heal once 9/11 appears on the calendar again.
PANGAEA

110912062130-9-11-ten-year-memorials-updated-00021626-story-top.jpg

We haven't forgotten.
SpilledInk wrote:
110912062130-9-11-ten-year-memorials-updated-00021626-story-top.jpg

We haven't forgotten.

Beautiful picture. Here at Lackland, my husband and I put our flag at half mast and took a wreath to the national cemetery at Ft. Sam.
My dad was in the WTC the friday before the attack. We saw it on the news (although I don't remember.) Even so, I'll never forget what happened.
We observed a moment of silence, and stopped in class to watch a tribute video to 9/11. It was a European video saying how they feel our sorrow and mourn with us. It was a sad, devastating day. If you haven't seen the movie 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close', you should watch it. It's about a boy whose father died in the 9/11 attack, it is very touching.
HRA Topic Starter

When I thought of this day, the song Imagine by John Lennon came to mind. And in a way, it makes sense.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » A moment of silence, please

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus