Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » This is the farthest I've been from home alone

Novus

I've posted several times about my divorce, so I won't get into it. I spent the week finalizing things, getting my name and gender marker on my license changed, and packing. This morning I finished shoving things in my car and I got on the road to drive to the desert states to live with a friend. I traveled from my spot in Missouri through Oklahoma, and now I am in Amarillo, TX, in a hotel room. Alone. I just ate dinner in a restaurant. By myself.

And as a transgender with equality spread across his skin in tattoo form and on his car in decals, I am extraordinarily anxious.

This is Texas. T E X A S.

(No offense to people who live in Texas, btw. It's just scary here for LGBTQ+.)

I'm alone. And this is the farthest I've driven away from home. (Though I guess it isn't home anymore.)

tenor.gif

Memes and animal pictures are appreciated.
MasterWinter

It's a ball of fluff with a face

CYWwl3n.jpg
Novus Topic Starter

Winters_Fury wrote:
It's a ball of fluff with a face

CYWwl3n.jpg
omg i want it c:
MasterWinter

1iUushJ.jpg
PinkBrat

You are two hours from me! I'm in Oklahoma. I used to go to Amarillo all the time. It's a really good place, in my opinion. I can't remember if my cousin still lives there or not. Anyway, I don't know about the transgender thing, but most of the people I met there were pretty accepting. I also have tats of things of that nature. The most I got was a funny look but nothing worse than that.
You've got this! You'll float through Texas and continue on your grand adventure!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I'm hoping your trip is getting better. Being alone and far from home can absolutely be a terrifying experience. You're being brave and facing it head on though and that takes guts and I'm super proud of you. Hang in there!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Novus Topic Starter

PinkBrat wrote:
You are two hours from me! I'm in Oklahoma. I used to go to Amarillo all the time. It's a really good place, in my opinion. I can't remember if my cousin still lives there or not. Anyway, I don't know about the transgender thing, but most of the people I met there were pretty accepting. I also have tats of things of that nature. The most I got was a funny look but nothing worse than that.
I actually came from Missouri, so I was closer. :D

I am now in Mesa, where my new home is, so much further :(
Novus Topic Starter

Somnom wrote:
You've got this! You'll float through Texas and continue on your grand adventure!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Ohhh look at all the cute animals!
Novus Topic Starter

Dndmama wrote:
I'm hoping your trip is getting better. Being alone and far from home can absolutely be a terrifying experience. You're being brave and facing it head on though and that takes guts and I'm super proud of you. Hang in there!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Thank you, Dndmama. I don't feel brave, just doing what I have to do. I enjoy traveling, but being alone in red country as a trans man terrifies me.

And the doggy with the ears just tickles me!
Novus Topic Starter

Winters_Fury wrote:
1iUushJ.jpg
Oh, I love old art memes. They are the best.

Real talk, though. Cats and pills. And trimming claws.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » This is the farthest I've been from home alone

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus