Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orbital Drop Shock (1x1)

ODST (played anonymously)

The year is 2552.
Humanity is at war with the alien alliance known as "The Covenant".
We are losing.

The Covenant have burned our worlds, killing billions in their genocidal campaign.

Earth is our last bastion - a carefully guarded secret.

But not anymore.

A Covenant carrier has breached Earth's defenses and attacked the African mega-city, "New Mombasa".

Initial reports confirm major damage and heavy civilian casualties.

Now military leaders of the "United Nations Space Command" have prepared their response...

Teams of highly-trained "Orbital Drop Shock Troopers" are ready to assault the carrier from Navy ships in low orbit.

This is a near-suicidal mission.

But these troopers are the best of the best.

And saving New Mombasa could be the most important mission of the war...

It was just James' luck that he and his partner had been dropped into the fray right as the covenant make a slipspace jump.

He woke up and jumped out of his pod, feeling very dizzy. He maintained composure, however. He grabbed his SMG and Sniper Rifle and tried the comm.

"This is James Croswell with the UNSC Say My Name, can anybody read me, over?"
Captain Keyes (played by Zactrul)

((Is it ok for me to join in since no one else has replied yet?))
Bobbi Stevens (played by Limeface)

"Yeah I hear you babycakes." A bitter voice replied back on the com. Bobbi didn't mean to be irritated. She just hated the pods. Wasn't enough room to turn over if you got uncomfortable, and that never settled well with her sleeping pattern. "Seems like the covenant wants to come over for breakfast. Knew I should have bought more hashbrowns."

Bobbi slid out of her own pod and cracked a shotgun. "Where's the focus of the covenant's attacks? Is it in one of the capital cities?" she asked, collecting grenades off the wall like she was at a grocery store.

((Sorry about the wait, the post completely slipped my mind! >A<:))
ODST (played anonymously) Topic Starter

James jumped at the sound of Bobbi's voice.

"Jesus, Stevens. Where the hell are you? They've got the whole damn city filled. Just drop somewhere near me. I need backup right now, and I'm not about to just rush out there on my own."

James was still woozy and shook his head, putting an arm out to support himself on the brick wall of a nearby building.

"... And hurry," he muttered under his breath. He switched on his night vision and prayed that nothing was nearby yet.

Bobbi managed to hold back a snicker at James' irritation. Sounds like the man wasnt much of a morning person. "Hang tight Cros, I'm on my way. I'll be there to crash the party in five." she said, clicking on the night vision on her own goggles before boarding a hot D77H-TCI Pelican.

The Pelican roared into the air, racing towards James' position. They circled the area while Bobbi arranged and looked for a drop that wasn't hot. "I see a courtyard near your CP, I'll drop off on a roof and meet you down below-" she paused. She could see lots of green heat dots. "You've some company heading north of you, coming down now!" she shouted as the jets burst in her ears.

As soon as Bobbi jumped out of the Pelican, it soared away, just as beams of neon lights shot angrily at it. Kicking open the roof door, she began racing down the stairs. "Save some for me, but if you can but dont feel too upset about starting without me."

James rolled his eyes.

"Alright."

It was a pack of Jackals, accompanied by four Brutes. Lovely. James made a mad dash for cover. He dove behind a barricade and pulled his sniper rifle off of his back.

"I swear, Bobbi. You need to find a way to be subtler about things. The Pelican probably just attracted half of the covenant population."

Flashes of pink and yellow flew at his face as he took a deep breath, and squeezed the trigger gently.

*Chouk.*

Damn. James missed the opening in the Jackal's shield by an inch. The trail left behind by the bullet made a sharp turn up and away from the creature.

More plasma fire headed his direction. He ducked behind the barricade.

"... I take it back. I need you and your loud, obnoxious shotgun and grenades."

((I LIVE!))

"Subtle is for marines, not ODST." she breathed heavily, and looked out the window. She could see James, cuddled behind some broken concrete. It was sort of cute, but her attention quickly turned to the parade of covenant in the yard. Bobbi let out a piercing whistle and fired one of her shotgun rounds. "HEY CUTIES! UP HERE!"

In the darkness of the night, it was unlikely that even those glowing insects couldn't see the rain of grenades she had hurled down at them. With a great ka-BLAM and a hiss of broken shields, she ducked back into the house as lights lit the window. "Hope that was good enough." Bobbi said with a restrained laugh, and made her way down more stairs with a little more bounce in her step.

"Alright, now I need your silent and precise sniper gun to keep them from going inside-" her voice cracked upon finding a group rushing towards the hotel entrance. "Quickly." she said, ducking behind a column to reload her shotgun.

((It's a Christmas Miracle! :D))

James resisted every urge to say that ODST was, in fact, Marines, and that they didn't just blast in everywhere if stealth was called for.

This was supposed to have been a quick op, dammit.

He wasn't complaining at the moment, however. Bobbi probably just saved his ass, and he needed to return the favor if they were both going to make it out of there.

The Jackals were all but eliminated, with just two remaining. The Brutes were tougher than that. At least there wasn't a Chieftain among them.

Croswell put the rifle to his shoulder and took a deep breath. He sent up a quick prayer, held his breath, and squeezed the trigger.

*chink-a*

Boom, headshot. "Brute's down."

*chink-a*

*chouk*

"That's the last of the Jackals. I'm heading to you." He put the sniper rifle away in favor of his SMG and dashed at the hotel. CQC wasn't his favorite, but he was good at moving out of the way of Brutes when they were mad. The SMG spewed out bullets like they were going out of style, and he jumped up at the first Brute to punch it in the face.

"Bobbi. Backup, please."

Bobbi was there. Shotgun tightly held in her hands, she raced up the lobby and gave the two jackels a mouthful of lead. You couldn't see it, but behind her helmet was a wild grin. She unloaded another round into the brute James had headbutted to bring it down before ducking to the side of the door.

"Just another day at work eh James? Whats today's target? Clear the area of Covie till 5:30?" she asked, peeking around the corner.

The last two brutes were hanging back for some reason. Instead of rushing in to bring them down, they were back behind a covenant weapon vending machine. Talking. Bobbi sniffed. "I dont like that they're not feeling cocky. You dont think I hurt their feelings do you?" she asked in a more serious tone, trying to see what they were waiting for.

She had a feeling she wouldn't like it. "Backup?" her voice suggested, as she listened to hear an echoing hum of a covenant drop ship.

James sighed relief when Bobbi came in to cover him. He ducked back at the other side of the door and looked over at her.

"We were supposed to land on the Corvette that was hanging in the sky a few minutes ago. When I dropped, there was a slipspace rupture. I'm missing the rest of the team."

He looked at the two brutes. "I think they're hanging back because they're cocky. They want us to come out and fight them."

As the Phantom drew closer, James jerked his head to the side.

"C'mon, we can head through the building to the other side and move out. We need to regroup."

He counted down on his fingers from three, and then ran down the hall.

"Whell someone missed." She snickered while checking to see if her gun was fully loaded for the fourth time. "You don't think they're on the other side of the galaxy somewhere do you?" Bobbi supposed tentatively before cursing.

"I'm not afraid of anything. But I am lazy, they can do what they like over there." She said, tucking the shotgun under her and followed James. Each powerful step made the ODST only wish to run faster and faster, until at last they exited the building.

Initially she thought she had died. But the bright pink lights of the Phantom died, and she was able to see she was still on earth. The phantom didn't see them, but had been firing at Pelicans who were desperately trying to push the covenant back from a secure point in the sky. "Wow. That scared me." She admitted.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Orbital Drop Shock (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus