Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Island Roleplay

Crow Du' Evard (played by Miss) Topic Starter

The other passengers waved to their children, who were placed into the boat. The other passengers watched the water’s rising surface, nearing the edge of the boat.

“Don’t worry, Mommy is going to be fine!”

The water’s edge rose steadily higher, the lower floors of the ship filling with the salted sea. The front of the ship nears the island’s sandy beach, but stops with a jutting collision with the sea-floor. Several passengers stumble upon the upper floor, some even landing upon their rumps. The beach’s edge was roughly thirty feet away, and the other passengers looked to one another, before one of them points to the boat’s ladder, “We’ll use this. I hope everyone can swim.” Those with life jackets stood about, shrugging to one another. “Don’t worry ‘bout it. We got lifejackets.” The first man nods, then bends at his knee, untying the rope that kept the ladder up. The white metal ladder plunges downward, into the dark depths of the salty sea.

In the distance, the lifeboats paddle away from the wrecked ship.
((OOC: I'm sorry, too! D= ))

Tony paled. "Aw, shit--don't worry, man, I-I'll help you."

He forced what he hoped was a reassuring smile onto his face and patted the guy on the shoulder. It wouldn't be too hard to help the guy swim over, right? He was a small dude, maybe Tony could carry him on his back--

The ship jerked, and Tony flailed to grab hold of the railing. Eyes wide, he gulped and looked over at the ladder being let loose.

"C'mon," he said, voice unsteady. He waved at Alex to follow him, meeting the guy's eyes. "All we gotta do is climb down the ladder, then I'll help you to the island. Just, you can hold on to my shoulders. C'mon."

He made his way to the ladder, gathering his courage as he went, trying not to bump into too many people.
Alex Hunter (played by MadRatBird)

Alex was actually terrified. He thought that maybe he could get on one of the life boats, but... no. He was always concerned about drowning, but heard it was the most peaceful way to go. When Tony offered to help, his eyes were still on the water. When he was patted, he looked up to him and saw the smile. If they survived this, he was going to have to hug the guy.

When the ship jerked, Alex scrambled for the railing, clinging tightly to it. He looked up at Tony again, listening intently to every word he had to say. Swallowing, he nodded and hurried for the ladder, not straying too far behind the other man.

"If I'm too heavy, don't drown yourself," he finally said.
Ahlliannah (played anonymously)

[OOC: Where's everyone else?]

Scared to be thrown from the boat, Ahlliannah grabbed onto the railing, holding on for dear life. "I'm too pretty to die, don't make me die like this!" She could the two men not too far away trying to help one another, and the families with children trying to keep the little ones safe. "Oh, those children are too young to die..." So she pushed herself to try to save a helpless child as he hung on for dear life on the outside of the boat. Using all of her strength, she pulled the small boy back on to the bow of the ship. "Why must I always come to help everyone...." She asked herself breathlessly.
Crow Du' Evard (played by Miss) Topic Starter

{The other characters are near the upper-middle section of the ship, crowded around a dropped ladder.}

The teenager, saved by one of the female passengers, flailed his arms, his chest heaving in and out, until his footing is regained. His form bends over, his hands placing themselves upon his knees, his words being uttered between breaths, “Thank you…miss.”

Several passengers were climbing down the extended ladder, a middle-aged fellow steps aside and nods to the other two, younger males, “Go ahead. Everyone, keep this orderly. We’re not too far from land. Nobody panic.” His right hand lifts up to pinch at his nose, his eyes closing, until he looks to Alex, “Its salt water, lad. It’ll keep you buoyant.”

The first few passengers drop into the water below, closing their mouths and plugging their noses. Their entering of the water creates wide ripples, and they reappear, their clothing wet, and their hair matted down. The two males were near the middle of passengers, the prior floating backwards and partially towards the island, making room for the others that drop into the water behind them. Some started swimming towards the island, until the middle-aged man bellows from above, “Don’t move just yet! Sea-life is more scared away by larger groups than smaller ones!”

rolled 1d100 and got 88
Secret Dice #1

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18. After the modifier of +15, got 33
Secret Dice #2

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Island Roleplay

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus