Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ends of Eternity (Closed)

Kerik (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

Kerik's face lit up as Sali agreed to be his sparring partner. His smile grew wider then as she awkwardly assured him that he would improve quickly. The brigand, still somewhat drink from the celebrations, couldn't help but snort and chuckle at the wording that Wulpet used. "--Well, glad you say so!" He continued giggling dopily and reached up to casually slap a hand on his newfound comrade's back. "Don't worry about Books. I'll call him Goda to his face, he'll be condescending and somewhere along the journey we'll find some kind of tolerance, I think."

"Trust me, I've met my fair share of uppity jerk-wads. I can take another if it means we can put this thing down more quickly... That said, seems like you were talking a lot with him and that druid. Am I right in guessing you folks have a plan then?"

Meanwhile, Goda continued saying his goodbyes; the young man had grown up in the village, so when he gave news to some of his kinsmen they were quick to embrace him, offer him humble supplies for the journey and otherwise take up what time they had left with him. He would be occupied with this for a bit longer, it seemed.

The druid was helped to his feet and ushered into one of the largely undamaged cottages by some of his other pupils, and those who had fallen were similarly being assisted in the aftermath of the attack. Though the celebrations had been cut short, the casualties from the incident seemed fairly minimal and many a husband, child or parent embraced their injured-- but luckily alive-- loved ones once they were found to be ok.
Sali Wulpet (played by Helleyn)

Her smile faded a bit at the question. “A plan? Well, it could be said it’s a plan of some sort.” She mumbles under her breath. Looking back at Kerik, Sali begins to explain everything that was discussed with the Druid. From how that beast was someone from a distant past, trapped inside the golden ring until now, and how they need the jewelry fixed to capture Tariku again.

“Why someone would curse a man and imprison them inside a golden ring is beyond me. Why not put them in a rock or something? No one would get interested in a pebble and risk freeing him like today.” Sali opines, getting out of her chest what she honestly thought. “Well, I don’t know anything about magic. Can’t say if it would’ve actually worked on a rock.”

Something click inside her brain. Brown eyes turn sharp towards the blonde. “Now that I think about it, were you thinking about stealing that ring? I remember seeing you close to the altar when everything exploded. Are you a thief or something?”

Sali doesn’t enjoy partnering up with ruffians or outlaws. Most don’t have any regard for others or any sense of honor. At most, she doesn’t hate them. The world can be very unkind, that’s how people are molded to be how they are.

Even if Kerik is one, he’s the most friendly and likable outlaw she has met as of today. Furthermore, there isn’t much he could steal from her so there is no point in being too worried about that.

“You know what, it doesn’t matter.” She shakes her head, dismissing what was said before. “Do you have any questions about our plan?”
Kerik (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

As Sali explained what she and the druid had discussed, Kerik's expression shifted from a passive smirk to a slightly agape mouth with narrowed, confused eyes. "...So... An ancient person put an evil man into... a ring? And for years they've just had it sitting out? You're right; a rock would have been way better! I mean, if the ring hadn't broken--" He cut himself off. Truthfully he didn't take the ring initially with the intent to keep it, but knowing how poorly it was watched he might have done it later in the night... had that strange incident not occurred, of course.

Wulpet's critical inquiry caught him a bit off-guard; he stammered as he endeavored to respond in a way not-so-suspicious. "W-well no, not exactly. I mean-- Right! The plan. So, uhm. Simply put, our steps are: Find something that teaches runes. Find smith who can learn from it... somehow. Get smith to reforge ring. Find Tariku, and then put him back after giving him a good clobbering?" He folded his arms before lifting one hand to pluck at his beard. "Ok. So we're basically just getting some things done so we can undo all this. I'm hoping that the monk knows how to read though, because I can't... can you? And also, even if we did find this castle, how do we know he can read the right language? If its been abandoned a long time... Ugh-- maybe this isn't so simple after all." He closed his eyes, grimacing and pinching the bridge of his nose. "I hope Books--Goda has a few old languages under his belt."

The man looked back up at Sali after voicing his complaints. "But for now-- listen. I say this because I respect you... and because I'm kinda afraid of pissing you off. I'm not going to try to steal from either of you, or throw you under the bus. We're on the same team now; you have my word."
Side Characters (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

Goda returned to the village center with a new set of robes, a cloak and a large backpack on his back. Having said all of his goodbyes, he was ready to join the warrioress and the bandit in their new mission. He cast about, searching for them and then seeing them on the edge of the dark woods. The monk walked through the shallow snow to reach them, lifting his hand to the air and calling to the duo as he approached. "Hey!" Once he reached them, the man stated simply. "I'm ready... if you two are." He quirked a brow, musing on the fact that neither of them seemed to pick anything up for their journey.

Kerik turned to greet him, just barely stopping himself from addressing the young monk as 'Books' again. "Hail, uhm-- Goda. How's things? You ready for this?" Goda frowned at the bandit. "As ready as I'll ever be...." Then he turned his head to the east-- a distinctly different direction from the path the beast left behind. "We should start moving, soon. Time is not on our side." With that, the only civilian in their group started walking to the east-- or at least, the path he figured would most faithfully lead them to the ruins they sought. After walking a few yards he looked back at his two travel companions. "You coming?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ends of Eternity (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus