Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Interest Check - Bobbleheads (Digital Art)

So hey there! A short while ago, I tried out a chibi-esc style (something I try once every blue moon) and unlike most other times I've tried, I actually really liked how this one came out!
I've thought about offering it as a commission option for a short while, but figured I'd check interest on it before throwing all of my effort behind it.

So please let me know if this is something you'd buy and/or suggest to a friend if you know anyone who might be interested in it!
Also debating adding this as a patreon reward for $10 every month - please feel free to let me know if any of y'all would be interested in that as well!

PLEASE NOTE: If you'd buy one version over the other, please feel free to let me know why c: Money? Cleanliness? Other?

Any constructive criticism would be nice too! IE: Would you not buy it now? Is there a specific reason for that (other than lack of funds, which I totally understand lol)
I'm thinking offering a sketch for $15-20 and a "Cleaned up" for $25-30 - what do y'all think of that price range? :o
I still have to practice this style a bit more, so please keep that in mind when / if giving critiques ^^;

SKETCH VERSION
25W1cyB.png
"Cleaned Up" VERSION
R2Vq5aV.png
Hell yes! Super cute! I'd be super stoked if you made this an option for the $10 Patreon rewards. Price range seems reasonable to me, but I'm a consumer, not a vendor. Might even buy a couple cause I have some cuties that could use chibification.
Aw I love this!

Constructive Criticism:

While I'd buy just about anything from you because I love your art, I think I would be hesitant to purchase this chibi style and would likely end up getting regular style art from you unless I was specifically only looking for a chibi style. As there isn't enough difference in the body proportions compared to your normal art style I think.

There is a difference of course, head wise, and I can see the difference body wise because I have looked at your art a lot, but if I was simply looking for an artist to get a chibi from, I think I would be left desiring that the body portion of your chibi style be smaller or shorter still.

Chibi doesn't tend to change with a character/persons 'height' from what I have seen the chibi bodies and what not are all the same weight and such regardless of a characters height, so I am assuming it would be the same for your style. If not, and you plan on the chibi body style depending on the height of the character, then I suppose I would be less hesitant; but my input is that I'd like to see a shorter chibi body wise.
Crow's Art Commissions (played by DarkCrow) Topic Starter

MercyInReach wrote:
Constructive Criticism:

While I'd buy just about anything from you because I love your art, I think I would be hesitant to purchase this chibi style and would likely end up getting regular style art from you unless I was specifically only looking for a chibi style. As there isn't enough difference in the body proportions compared to your normal art style I think.

There is a difference of course, head wise, and I can see the difference body wise because I have looked at your art a lot, but if I was simply looking for an artist to get a chibi from, I think I would be left desiring that the body portion of your chibi style be smaller or shorter still.

Yeah, I totally get that - part of the reason I'd probably call them "Bobbleheads" rather than chibis because it's more apt xD
Something I'll have to play around with while practicing tho :o
Awww, I really like these! They are cute but also showcase a lot of detail! Annnnnd the price seems totally fair too!
This looks so whimsical and has such a nice charm! I hope you get a lot of interest in these because the pricing seems really fair to me! :D I also like how you offer two versions for options.
You might also call it a 'caricature.' With the small body, large head and exaggerated proportions it kind of reminds me of those caricatures you get at theme parks only sexier. Just a thought.
Crow's Art Commissions (played by DarkCrow) Topic Starter

Little bump because I added a more "Cleaned up" version if anyone has any comments about what I might add / fix in a "Cleaned up" version to give it more ~pizzaz~
Not sure if I'd want to add shading or not simply because that would take more time and therefore make them cost more 🤔

I think I'll stick with the bobblehead style tho, it's too cute for me to make them any smaller imo XD

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Interest Check - Bobbleheads (Digital Art)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus