Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » RP Goal Accomplished

MasterWinter

Hello all, Winter here.

So. I must first inform that this is me, as the saying goes, tooting my own horn a bit here. I also hope this is the right section to post this in, if not I'm sorry for the mix up Mod's. ^^;

I just wanted to share the fact I finally got an rp goal of mine completed, after working on it for months.

Little backstory to explain my project

Sometime ago, I stumbled upon a muse by the writer: CassandravH, back in December of last year. Unfortunately as of right now, CassandravH is not on RPR anymore. But I'm going to forever be grateful for the inspiration her muse provided for me.

CassandravH had her own OC muse which was a van Helsing. Her Cassandra muse was so very well done. Not your typical van Helsing OC, and that was part of what made her unique,

CassandravH only protrayed her Cassandra muse, while providing information on her page about her muse's family members. And that's when an idea hit me. I was going to create my own hunting family. And not just a hunting family member, I was going to portray all immediate members of said family.

So. How in the world did I get it in my head, to rp a whole family of hunters, rather than just focus on one muse? I have absolutely no idea. I just got that stuck in my head, and went with it. I managed to create Volya first, he came fairly easy to me. I knew how I wanted him to be, once I found the image to represent him. Originally I wanted to wait on putting Volya up, due to I didn't have the rest of the family ready. But seeing that CassandravH was looking for new rp partners at the time, I put Volya up and began testing him out with her in rp.

Fast forward several months later. I had a small start on everything in general for the rest of the family. And then with the help of Tusi-San, who directed me to the wonderful writer of Rose, who helped me further with creating and coming up with things for my project.

Have you ever take on a project that you yourself decided upon, and throughout the whole time of the off/on working of said project, you wonder why you bothered to start such a thing?

Believe me, I did that numerous times. And many times when I talked to friends about it, they reminded me, in different variations: Rome was not built in a day.

The muses themselves were fairly easy to do. It was the backstory/history, along with the namesake item, that was a pain to write for. Yet I continued to work on things off and on. Finally. This past Friday, the 18th of Sept. I finished the backstory/history of the hunter family without revealing too much information. That left me with one obstacle left. Information for the name sake item. That actually got finished yesterday, the 20th of Sept.

I then slowly and semi painstakingly put the page in order on RPR, while it was very slow to load things at times (hence the painstakingly part), but I finally had accomplished a goal that I didn't think I'd ever get done.

So while yes I'm sharing the fact that I finlly finished something, I shared it with you all so that way you can see: While it may seem like it will take forever, for one reason or another, to accomplish something you want to do, eventually your efforts and patients will pay off in the end. It did for me with this project.

And while I have many people to thank (Tusi-San, Rose, Krispy, CassandravH, and others who I apologize if I forgot your name), I would like to especially thank Gena for keeping after me, and putting up with me, via Discord when I'd rant, rave, vent, whine, moan, groan, about my whole project. She kept pushing me to keep going with it at my own pace, but to not quit on it.

For those of you who might be interested in the results of my project, I present to you...

Silverlance Family
Rogue-Scribe

Well done! This is a fascinating read! Love the backstory! It has to feel good getting this done! Celebrate the wins!
Winters_Fury wrote:

Have you ever take on a project that you yourself decided upon, and throughout the whole time of the off/on working of said project, you wonder why you bothered to start such a thing?
Many times as far as RP goes. I have an expanded family story I’ve been working on and editing as I RP various characters and aspects of the timeline. I’ve also have an epic World War 2 story that I’ve RP’d and war gamed off and on over the last several years that I’m editing into a novella. And if I get into the Middle Earth fanfic tales over the years.... of all these I’ve managed to complete one, and it is a good feeling of accomplishment! But too many times I have wondered why I took on so much in the middle of it all.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Rogue-Scribe wrote:
Well done! This is a fascinating read! Love the backstory! It has to feel good getting this done! Celebrate the wins!
Winters_Fury wrote:

Many times as far as RP goes. I have an expanded family story I’ve been working on and editing as I RP various characters and aspects of the timeline. I’ve also have an epic World War 2 story that I’ve RP’d and war gamed off and on over the last several years that I’m editing into a novella. And if I get into the Middle Earth fanfic tales over the years.... of all these I’ve managed to complete one, and it is a good feeling of accomplishment! But too many times I have wondered why I took on so much in the middle of it all.

^-^ Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the read. I am enjoying this accomplishment of mine! Goodness knows I've been wanting to get a project done, at least one!

-Nod- I can see where that would be a lot on you. I get that way at times, in my own way. Taking on so much at a time, never completing something. It's why I drive myself nuts, and why I'm amazed (although very happy) that I finished this one.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » RP Goal Accomplished

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus