Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Little Toy Soldier (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

"Have we given him enough time sir?"

"Yes I believe so. His madness has been quelled and now all we have to do is light the fuse once again. Then he shall be complete and ready to become our weapon."

"Then shall we initiate phase three sir?"

"Yes, begin the reactivation of dormant genes and prepare for his retrieval in 28 days."

"Right away my lord."

Stepping from a merchant's guild in a large bustling city, a young man held his messenger bag under one arm with a strap over the opposite shoulder. In the bag was at least a dozen missives to various people. He never inquired into the specifics of the messages beyond the intended recipient. All he cared was that the messages got to where they needed to go in a timely manner and that he got paid a fair amount for his work.

His most recent client has him taking a message to someone a good ways out of the city and to a small town. He's quick on his feet but takes a horse instead to conserve his strength. The journey takes six days total, nothing new for him as he has taken journeys that have demanded weeks of travel to complete. He was well acquainted with the hardships of travel and the wilderness. His arrival is met with glares from the guardsmen at the gate and with almost hateful expressions from a few amongst the townsfolk.

He kept his head held high, searching for the person who matched the description given by the merchant guildmaster. His search eventually led him to an apothecary where the recipient was inside, waiting for the owner of the shop to provide him with the necessary ingredients he had ordered.

Hey hey! This idea came to me recently so I decided to act on it (with some procrastination sprinkled in for taste of course). I'm looking for characters geared towards mid to high fantasy settings in around the late medieval era. I'm wanting the roleplay to cover a decent chunk of time and allow for the growth and development of the characters involved, so having them at a lower end of the spectrum of what they're capable of is preferred. I'll be looking for maybe 2-3 other characters to be a part of this.

I'm also looking for people who can keep up with posting at least once a week, with posts being around 2 paragraphs minimum. Of course proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and all the other basics are needed.

Just a warning, this roleplay will feature dark themes including torture, mental instability, and racial issues. So if those things make you uncomfortable I'd suggest you steer clear of this roleplay. Romance won't really be an option with Shultar here. His young age coupled with a few other factors will prevent romance from forming. He'll form close friendships but no romantic feelings will blossom. If you're interested feel free to leave a message here or PM me. I'll try and get to you as soon as I can.
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 10%
Romantic themes are possible, but won't pan out. For example: unrequited love.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played with a small group of players.

Shultar Eshera (played by SolarLoki) Topic Starter

Just gonna push this topic up. I'm still looking for more people to join!
Hey, I'm totally interested. I usually create characters specifically for RPs, so I will be writing one in the upcoming times. My only question is the level of fantasy. I know it says 60%, but I want to know if it's just humans or is other common races are a thing (Dwarves, elves, tieflings, etc.)

I average about 9 paragraphs a post so no need to worry about me making the minimum or having bad grammar! I'll write my character as soon as I know the limits. Thanks! :)

2pointO wrote:
Hey, I'm totally interested. I usually create characters specifically for RPs, so I will be writing one in the upcoming times. My only question is the level of fantasy. I know it says 60%, but I want to know if it's just humans or is other common races are a thing (Dwarves, elves, tieflings, etc.)

I average about 9 paragraphs a post so no need to worry about me making the minimum or having bad grammar! I'll write my character as soon as I know the limits. Thanks! :)

Hey I'm happy to hear you're interested! As for the races that are present; you will find that elves, dwarves, and humans are the most prominent races present in this world and make up around 70% of the total population. Dwarves are the most common followed by humans then elves. There are numerous smaller races but they're either hermits, wanderers, or dying off. Dwarves tend to live shorter lives capping out at 45 years while elves can reach almost 200.

I'm still looking for more players if anyone is interested!
I might be interested in this...hmm. I might lay as one of the rarer races, if that is allowed. If not, I have an idea for an elven woman that might be interesting. I can average about 2-3+ paragraphs if I'm given time and not rushed (seeing as the minimum post requirement is at least once per week I think I'll be fine).

Keeping the rp in mind, will there be a posting order?

Siberse wrote:
I might be interested in this...hmm. I might lay as one of the rarer races, if that is allowed. If not, I have an idea for an elven woman that might be interesting. I can average about 2-3+ paragraphs if I'm given time and not rushed (seeing as the minimum post requirement is at least once per week I think I'll be fine).

Keeping the rp in mind, will there be a posting order?

I plan on keeping the rare races out of the picture for this roleplay for the most part although for some races like I'd be willing to make an exception, you'll just have to ask me about it. Pms would be best for that.

And yes there is gonna be a post order just to avoid things going a bit too chaotic. It won't be a very strict one but just enough to keep things in order.

Reopening this and looking for new people to try this out. PM is preferred over leaving a reply here since I'm more likely to see it.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Little Toy Soldier (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus