Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » I finally started Naruto!

I know I’m a bit late to the game here, especially considering how long Naruto has been around and how well loved it is! I remember being abut 6 or 7 years old and trying to watch it with my older brother, but I was far more interested in toys and could never stay glued to the TV for long enough to enjoy in it.

So here I am, nearing my 20’s, and I’ve finally sat down to watch it. I’m not embarrassed in the slightest bit about watching anime, but I am embarrassed to admit to my older brother that I’m just now starting to enjoy Naruto as an adult when I had refused to watch it with him during my childhood. I’ll definitely be hearing a big ‘I told you so!’

I’m only on episode 13 but I’ve already been reduced to tears several times, and I’m gonna assume it can only get worse from here. I don’t know if I’m just a crybaby or if this damn anime is genuinely this emotional! You guys will have to let me know if you had the waterworks too.

How and when did you guys discover Naruto? And is there anyone I can talk to as I progress through the show? It’d be nice to have a buddy to message my reactions to, as I’ve still barely made my way through the show! ^_^
RoxyHana

I started watching Naruto when I was like... 15? I was super young but I got to catch up with the episodes on Shippuden season so I would watch every week a new chapter.

I got bored from the anime at certain point, but I was reading the manga at the same time so I just continued with that until the end of the series. I also started to read Boruto but... I didn't enjoy it as much so I didn't get to follow that sequel.

As for a little feedback, I loved it. Not my favourite anime but I did get to create a character and roleplay a lot. I miss my ninja girl <3

Anyway I hope you will enjoy the rest of the show, you have a loooong joruney to watch!
Oh man, be prepared for a rollercoaster of feels. (´• ᴗ •̥`✿)

I watched Naruto when it first premiered on television in America; holy quiznak, it's been years. Despite Kishimoto's atrocious worldbuilding — be prepared for notorious ambiguity and plot holes — Naruto is one of my favorite anime. My favorite anime character — Kakashi Hatake — is from Naruto. Once the series premiered in English, I was already obsessed with anime. Fun fact, Naruto inspired me to improve my writing! My first roleplay was a Naruto adventure! Since the anime is 80% fillers — the anime fillers are endless — I stopped watching Shippuden. However, I watched every single episode of the original!

Have I cried watching Naruto? Yes. The original (pre-Shippuden) is great, but Shippuden is the true emotional rollercoaster. ( ´•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥` )

I hope you enjoy the anime! Kishimoto built a beautiful world with amazing characters! /ᐠ。▿。ᐟ\*ᵖᵘʳʳ*

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » I finally started Naruto!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus