Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: All Saints' Wake!

((Hihi, welcome to my thread~ For anyone interested in the setting, I'm going with the Shirogane housing district in FFXIV since that's where my character is located in her story at current. :) For anyone interested in finding me in-game, I use this character pretty often, and can be found on the Crystal Data Centre on Mateus. :D ))

rest.png

All Saints' Wake -- it was a holiday that was more widely celebrated among those that lived in Eorzea -- in Aldenard. However, there were still a fair number of Hingans, Domans, and general Othardians that seemed to adopt the holiday. Those in Kugane especially since many travellers often found themselves there. It was for this reason that Primam was able to find some nice ogre pumpkins imported from Thanalan to bring back to the Wayfarer's Rest in Shirogane to have the other residents there carve and have fun with before getting them placed out for decoration and to perhaps entice the neighbours into visiting.

The Wayfarer's Rest itself had not been decorated fully for the celebration, but there were some things here and there that made it feel like there were things to have been celebrated at the very least. Whether it was the jack-o-lantern bucket of candy on the front desk, the stuffed ahriman or succubus toys that adorned some of the shelving of the bookcases, or papier-mâché giant pumpkins and puddings -- the Rest was at least somewhat ready for All Saints' Wake.

The doors to the Rest were open to any and all that needed respite or a place to simply stay the night. It was more of a charity than anything, hoping to make sure that those that walked in through the doors were cared for and welcome so long as they were not there to cause trouble or any other kind of ruckus that would disturb others. There were beds for those that desired rest, food for those that wished something to sate their appetite, books galore for those that sought knowledge or an escape, and baths below for those that wished to experience naturally drawn hot spring water to soothe their aches and pains.

rest_kitchen.png

Primam, one of the acting faces or managers of the Rest, had been hard at work baking goods and helping out around the kitchen with the Keeper cook that had been employed for a while now: Sunu Vhantu. The smells of cinnamon and nutmeg were prominent as pumpkin spice cookies in the shapes of jack-o-lanterns, bats, ahriman, and morbols were being made and decorated appropriately with coloured frosting. Candies were put into bowls on either side of each of the tables for anyone to take as they please.

Aside from the treats and goodies, other foods were made available beforehand, and their pots or pans were set upon smouldering coals to keep them hot for anyone that wanted them. Soups, meats, mixed veggies, onigiri, and a myriad of other foods were set up in a mini-buffet style with dishes and utensils for anyone to have at it.
As always, Death, also known as Yamajit, found themself wandering with very little direction. Drawn to all things living, dead, and somewhere in the middle. It was the night in which many dressed in amusing costumes, from frightening to adorable and sensual. They were especially drawn to Wayfarer's Rest, and found themselves walking slowly up the stone walkway to the door that was open for guests.

The scent inside was utterly intoxicating, even Death couldn't resist stepping inside and making their way over to grab a handful of candy and shuffle it around in their hand for a moment before shoving it into a pocket of the breeches.

"How lovely," they commented as they gazed about. Not all living Holidays were suited to Yamajit, but if one was...

Dressed in their typical near pirate attire, decorated cloak moving with their steps, they shuffled over to grab a treat from a plate. Savoring every bite of it. Over all they seemed more interested in the decor and food, than any other guests. Death was used to tuning people out, often lost in their own head.
Ember Kamura (played by Ember_Wolf)

Kamura would stride up towards the Wayfarers Rest, his walk ever so natural yet majestic at the same time. He had been to strange places before, him and his race typically finding strange places in the Multiverse. It was there that many Wolvan engaged in fun and sometimes dangerous activities before heading back off to parts unknown. "Very nice..." he thought, making his way up the stone doorway.

The Lupine made his way towards the howl, ears twitching to listen to the noise as he took a very small pawful and placed them in his pocket. This might be a place he'd want to visit again sometime.
Primam 'Prim' Chorus (played by FreeJayFly) Topic Starter

Rather enthralled with getting the last bits of the goodies prepared, Primam had come out to see a new person out in the dining area, seemingly enjoying some of the candy that had been put out. Placing the plate of baked goods on the main table with the other food items, Primam then walked over to Yamajit, wiping her hands on her apron before greeting the new person.

"Welcome to the Wayfarer's Rest! I hope that you find everything enjoyable," Primam said with a smile. "I-if you need a place to stay even after all the festivities, we have extra rooms. We also have amenities like natural hot spring baths located down the stairs," she pointed toward the stairs located northwest of the floor, just a small ways away from the dining hall. "We also have a library upstairs if you wish for reading material. There are novels from all around Hydaelyn available, though our common books are written in the Hingan, Doman, and Eorzean tongue."

Primam had not really been able to dress up for the holidays, though she made a small attempt with what she had to work with if anyone were to look upon her. There were false succubus horns that adorned her head, and underneath her apron was a long black robe that had been distressed at the hems and sleeves. But other than that, it seemed quickly thrown together.
Nina (played by Zelphy)

Operator Dale: "Hey whats this? It seems you've been given a new program, lets see what it is.............Whoa!!! This new function seems awesome!!"

Operator Chip: "Huh? What seems awesome? Whats the new program Dale?"

Operator Dale: "I'm not even sure how this is possible but Nina was given a new program that allows her to teleport into different worlds. I'd figure she'd still need the gummi ship for this but in this case it takes her to whats called a city state?"

Operator Chip: "Hm.....That sounds strange as how it suddenly popped up.....But hey whats the harm in giving it a shot? Right Nina?"

In the gummi ship Nina gave a thumbs up to Chip & Dale as she spoke.

"Yeah that definitely sounds like a plan , whats this new area called anyway?"

Operators Chip & Dale: Its called Kugane, and it seems to be um..........Someones house in the Shirogane district?
And to top it off there's some kind of event called All Saints Wake.....Never heard of it before....Have you Nina?"

Nina folds her arms for a moment deep in thought as she heard the name and then smiled. "Oooh!! I know of Kugane!! It was in a game that I played before I ended up in the world of Kingdom Hearts, its called Final Fantasy XIV. Its one of the greatest mmo rpgs ever!! And All Saints Wake is pretty their version of Halloween. Anywho lets test this thing out shall we?"

With that said Nina tapped the menu and went over towards the option to use teleport and once she saw that the area in Kugane was selected she pressed the button and accepted the terms of how much gil she had to pay. Luckily for her since she traveled With someone by the name of Vahn she had some gil left from the trip after helping him out with a few quests. Luckily the gil was accepted and soon a blueish aura surrounded her as she began floating in midair for a moment. After a few seconds she disappeared from the realm of Kingdom Hearts and was now in the land Doma. Carrying a trick or treat bag as she looked around in amazement while adoring how well everything looked. Of course she'd have to tell her friends in the real world on how she traveled into the different games that she and her friends played. Of course she'd have to figure out how to return home but thts something she'd deal with later. Right now it was candy time!!! Of course since she wasn't actually from their her clothing Most would see her apparel abit strange, but in a sense it was also her costume here. Looking at all the decorations while noticing the bowel of candy as well as other people there she waved as she spoke.

"Whoa this place is so awesome!!! Oh and uh Happy Hollows eve to you ya- What!??! Is that a talking wolf person?!?!?!?" She'd shouted in amazement as she looked at Kamura
Primam 'Prim' Chorus wrote:
Rather enthralled with getting the last bits of the goodies prepared, Primam had come out to see a new person out in the dining area, seemingly enjoying some of the candy that had been put out. Placing the plate of baked goods on the main table with the other food items, Primam then walked over to Yamajit, wiping her hands on her apron before greeting the new person.

"Welcome to the Wayfarer's Rest! I hope that you find everything enjoyable," Primam said with a smile. "I-if you need a place to stay even after all the festivities, we have extra rooms. We also have amenities like natural hot spring baths located down the stairs," she pointed toward the stairs located northwest of the floor, just a small ways away from the dining hall. "We also have a library upstairs if you wish for reading material. There are novels from all around Hydaelyn available, though our common books are written in the Hingan, Doman, and Eorzean tongue."

Primam had not really been able to dress up for the holidays, though she made a small attempt with what she had to work with if anyone were to look upon her. There were false succubus horns that adorned her head, and underneath her apron was a long black robe that had been distressed at the hems and sleeves. But other than that, it seemed quickly thrown together.

Yamajit turned to look at Primam, from head to toe and back up before focusing on what she was saying. "Thank you," they replied, "Library you say? I think I will check it out. I'm verse in most languages."With a little nod of their head.

Death had always been fond of finding little places to sit and read. Though they had read more than anyone fair share of literature, there was almost always something new to feast the mind upon.

"It's polite to rent a room before traipsing off to take advantage of facilities," Yamajit said, almost as a reminder to themself. They did not truly have to go along with such things but, sometimes it was nice to feel a part of things. "Shall I give currency to you?"
Primam 'Prim' Chorus (played by FreeJayFly) Topic Starter

"O-oh! That's not necessary..." Primam replied with a sheepish smile as she waved her hands to deny the payment. "The Wayfarer's Rest is an open home to all those that might be in need -- rest, sanctuary, protection... any reason is fine with us. The only caveat is that you don't cause trouble for the owner, or anyone else that might be residing here at the same time. We make our money in other fashions -- helping the other businesses in the district, or even picking up jobs across the bay in Kugane. There are many of us that call the Rest 'home', and so provide so that we can provide for others."

Pausing, Primam cleared her throat and then looked to the stairs that led up to the second floor and then addressing Yamajit once more; "but please, feel free to make use of the library. It's much bigger now that the Rest has been recently expanded. There's many more books to choose from than what we had before -- which was nothing to sneeze at, either! But now it's practically asking to eat up time getting lost in other worlds."

There was something overheard about a 'talking wolf person' -- the only thing that Primam could think of were the Lupin from Yanxia. She had not met one in person, though if one were at the Rest, she would be surprised!
Primam 'Prim' Chorus wrote:
"O-oh! That's not necessary..." Primam replied with a sheepish smile as she waved her hands to deny the payment. "The Wayfarer's Rest is an open home to all those that might be in need -- rest, sanctuary, protection... any reason is fine with us. The only caveat is that you don't cause trouble for the owner, or anyone else that might be residing here at the same time. We make our money in other fashions -- helping the other businesses in the district, or even picking up jobs across the bay in Kugane. There are many of us that call the Rest 'home', and so provide so that we can provide for others."

Pausing, Primam cleared her throat and then looked to the stairs that led up to the second floor and then addressing Yamajit once more; "but please, feel free to make use of the library. It's much bigger now that the Rest has been recently expanded. There's many more books to choose from than what we had before -- which was nothing to sneeze at, either! But now it's practically asking to eat up time getting lost in other worlds."

There was something overheard about a 'talking wolf person' -- the only thing that Primam could think of were the Lupin from Yanxia. She had not met one in person, though if one were at the Rest, she would be surprised!

Yamajit nodded and gave Primam a soft smile. "That is wonderful. Thank you again, I think I'll go enjoy the library now." He gave a little wave to some nearby guests before he politely left the short interaction to make his way to the library. Finding a comfortable place to sit after picking out a book, or two. He had plans to stay there for a while even after the holiday, after all, he had all the time in the world.

(end)
He wandered along the street, watching the world fr under his hood. The comings and going, they... Interested him. He shuffled slightly and rearranged his objects under his cloak. He kept his items in pouches, but sometimes they rattled around a bit and poked him uncomfortably.
Seeing a brightly-lit house, he entered Rest and looked around, listening for gossip or management.
He wandered into a room that smelled like food, but there was no food in it... He could smell rice balls, spices, seaweed, frosting... Breads and cookies... It smelled heavenly, really.
He would look for a table or a host, first, and if he could find neither, he would see about the nearest bed. He would be staying for a few days. Just to get some food and sleep...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: All Saints' Wake!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus