Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: being a cosplayer ;;

nightmqre

i didn't feel interesting enough at the start of this but here we go-

granted I haven't been cosplaying very long at all, so i'm definitely not a master, but it's one of the most prevalent hobbies I have at the minute besides school, exams, sleeping and stressing, so.

ask away i guess-? i don't really knoooow
Auberon Moderator

What is your favorite cosplay so far? :D
Do you hand-sew any of your items?
What were some of the best/worse cosplay judgements you've made or even seen? I've seen some pretty strange ones myself, but I don't know what I'd do differently... XD :P :)
nightmqre Topic Starter

Auberon wrote:
What is your favorite cosplay so far? :D
My Denki Kaminari one. Due to the way my hair is styled atm (and the colour), I'm able to get into him relatively easily and whenever I want to- plus he's an idiot and I love him-
Quote:
Do you hand-sew any of your items?
Not entirely, though if I need to I have sewn on some adjustments/accessories to some of the items I've had.
Quote:
What were some of the best/worse cosplay judgements you've made or even seen? I've seen some pretty strange ones myself, but I don't know what I'd do differently... XD :P :)
For myself, I went through a phase of putting WAY too much red on my face, so I looked like a tomato. That was not a smart idea ^^;
For other people...not really any bad. Most cosplayers I've seen are pretty good at accessorising properly, and they all look great.

For the best, I saw someone once make worm earrings for a cosplay of a really crude character, which made it 100x better.
I just bought elf ears yesterday, and that's probably been my best decision so far cause I love them XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Hello fellow cosplayer!

What costumes are you working on or planning to make?
nightmqre Topic Starter

Darth_Angelus wrote:
What costumes are you working on or planning to make?

I'm planning to get two for christmas, with the money I'm getting-
list 'cause i'm still indecisive
Deku (Izuku Midoriya) from BNHA
Dabi/Touyafrom BNHA
Shigiraki from BNHA
theres a lot of BNHA characters-
Hinata from Haikyuu
Kenma from Haikyuu
Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail

one from that list, and then i'm planning to get a wig & a cloak for a character from a species someone else made and allowed me to make a character for called Midnight Stalkers. I actually already have the elf ears for it >.>
Ah, that's fantastic! The worm earrings (and tomato face, sorry) are very funny!!
I love the idea of accessorizing with things that look completely real and fantastical, like elf ears and armor. So cool. The flying boots from Zelda are some of my favorite things. :,)

BNHA characters sound awesome, as do Haikyuu and Fairy Tail! I don't know why because I don't know what you look like, but I feel like you'd make a very good Natsu Dragneel! :D
Uh, sorry, but do you think you could put a spoiler tag/mark on Dabi's identity? I just had that one spoiled for me the other day and got a little salty... :,)
nightmqre Topic Starter

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Ah, that's fantastic! The worm earrings (and tomato face, sorry) are very funny!!
I love the idea of accessorizing with things that look completely real and fantastical, like elf ears and armor. So cool. The flying boots from Zelda are some of my favorite things. :,)

BNHA characters sound awesome, as do Haikyuu and Fairy Tail! I don't know why because I don't know what you look like, but I feel like you'd make a very good Natsu Dragneel! :D
Uh, sorry, but do you think you could put a spoiler tag/mark on Dabi's identity? I just had that one spoiled for me the other day and got a little salty... :,)

I added it in spoiler tags :D

I've loved Natsu for years now, so I'm honestly really excited to maybe finally get to cosplay him
Thanks so much! :)

That's awesome. I think if I were to cosplay anyone, I'd want to be someone from Durarara, Cowboy Bebop, or Uta no Prince-Sama. :D :P
Cosplayer here too!! Have you been to any conventions?
nightmqre Topic Starter

aulelei wrote:
Cosplayer here too!! Have you been to any conventions?

Not yet! I only really started properly in lockdown, and all conventions are cancelled as far as the eye can see that are near me :C Currently being on lockdown, we're not allowed to travel anywhere either

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: being a cosplayer ;;

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus