Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » PM gremilns

I've been having issues with gremlins eating the messages after I've sent them. Lol basicaly I send the message and the person doesn't receive it. It's only happened a few times, and not a huge issue I just repost. But is any one else having issues with these tricky little buggers eating their messages?
Yeah. I had a couple of em. Some old guy told me not to feed em after midnight. Then they ate through the wire of my clock so that the time was wrong and thus I fed em after midnight. Then all heck broke loose. Especially when they got wet. Heh.
Badumpish.

I might have come across this issue once before-- I certainly feel like I have-- but I can't name a certain instance. However, if I see it again on my end, I'll be sure to poke my head back in here and pipe up for the sake of getting them lil' gremlins!
Kim Site Admin

I've never had a report about this. If anyone has more details, I would very much like to get it fixed!
Pineapple Topic Starter

^_^ sorry to make more work for ya kim :)
Sanne Moderator

nikina wrote:
^_^ sorry to make more work for ya kim :)

Don't be sorry! Just make sure to hold off on sending bug reports after midnight. :P
Pineapple Topic Starter

Okay I'll keep that in mind, I didn't know that you weren't supposed to send them after that time :S sorry :)
Kim Site Admin

You're welcome to send them at any time, around the clock. I'm not sure why Sanne is telling you not to!
nikina wrote:
Okay I'll keep that in mind, I didn't know that you weren't supposed to send them after that time :S sorry :)
Pineapple Topic Starter

lmao I think I just caught on. Lance commented on gremlins and not feeding them after midnight LOL. gosh I'm a blond sometimes ^-^'
Kim Site Admin

Oooooooooh! Okay, maybe I get it now too. XD
Yes. Sending bugs after midnight is like feeding gremlins after midnight. As they both result in some ticked off monsters. Heh.
TheLily

I actually sent a friend request to one of my fiance's characters and it showed up in his email box, but as soon as he got on here there was no message for him. He friended my character just fine, though. Same thing happened when someone wanted to connect to me. There was no message waiting for me, but I connected with her just fine.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

You don't get a PM when someone tries to friend you, it should show up at the top of your notifications though.
Kim Site Admin

Darth is correct, you're not supposed to get a PM for a friend request. Just an email (if your account settings allow it) and a notification on your dashboard.
Pineapple Topic Starter

So this morning I went to send a pm, and I got this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 110 in /home/kimgen1/public/verifyuser.php on line 61

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kimgen1/public/functions.php on line 3941

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/kimgen1/public/functions.php on line 3941

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/kimgen1/public/functions.php on line 3942

and I was locked out of the site for a few minuets, :s strange.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I saw that too. It would appear to be a momentary glitch with the MySQL server.
Kim Site Admin

Yup, totally unrelated to PMs. Just a random connection error.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » PM gremilns

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus