Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Poll About the Search Function

I just wanted to ask if anyone actually uses the search function. I usually just look at whatever is on the front page of either the all-ages or adults-only filters.

What do the rest of you do? How do you all find your RPs?
I've used the 'Find RP' tool and the Search function both quite a bit.

'Search' when I was looking for something specific, I've gone digging to see if I could find some players that shared my interests, even if the posts were very old.

'Find RP' when I just feel like browsing (even when I'm not actively looking for an RP to join!). I like it better than just looking at the forum view since you can see a preview.
ConnanBell Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
'Search' when I was looking for something specific, I've gone digging to see if I could find some players that shared my interests, even if the posts were very old.

How often do people respond to these "really old" posts? I would have imagined that a sufficiently old post was as good as closed most of the time.
Rogue-Scribe

Old RP posts close automatically after a week I think. They can be reopened or the time open can be extended by the creator. I don’t use the ‘Find RP’ tool at all.

As for the ‘search’ function, I’ve used it a lot for keywords to find old topics or to check how much a character name is used, of filter for certain characters, etc.
ConnanBell wrote:
Juls wrote:

How often do people respond to these "really old" posts? I would have imagined that a sufficiently old post was as good as closed most of the time.

Not very often, but I struck RP gold one time doing that, so I remain forever hopeful! ;)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Poll About the Search Function

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus