Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Cryptid's in your area (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

My Rules, Fandoms, Prompts, ect.

Characters
NiM

What I'm looking for;
- Other Cryptid's and or Humans. (Witches are a-ok)

- 1-2 paragraphs at most. My starters are always long, don't worry.
- Reasonable response time (Once a day at the very least)
- I prefer Discord but if you can't that's fine. It's optional.
- No godmods, overpowered characters, I'm looking for a 50/50 mutual obligation.
- Do not control my character's, leave enough room in your post for my character to react.

I tend to try and reply at least once a week if I get super busy, if you're gone for a week and I'm still interested I will msg you. If I'm no longer interested in the rp I will tell you. I'm very straightforward so please don't take it personally if I say I don't want to continue. It's not you per-say more so than it's just my interest shifting again.

Location and Grounding

(Modern x Fantasy)

This RP world consist similar to ours but where magical creatures and the like live right out of our sight and mind. They're still there, but Glamour magic keeps humans blind to the point even your best friend could be a fairy!

Prompts

Prompt 1: Cryptic

Summary: Your character happens to be a person who specializes in hunting all things cryptid, and upon having heard of the sudden rise in activity in one particular area, they travel there in hopes of it being a particular creature they've been studying for a while now. It's only when they venture there however are they eventually met by a strange being who seems keen on messing with them. It's only when your character manages to catch them off guard with a camera flash does mine finally seem to break character and knock it off, exchanging a few words before promptly leaving.

This only intrigues your oc to further study the area, coming back again and again. And time and time again does that same creature from before keep telling them off in that they shouldn't venture where they're not wanted. Until one day when the sun is setting, and your character is attempting to hike deeper into the woods, are they approached by a strange beast that ends up attacking them.

It doesn't take long for them to get cornered, only for that same creature they'd been talking to before to swing in and rescue them. Before they're taken to their den and patched up, having felt bad for messing with your character the way they did.

Prompt 2: Injured

Summary: A storm rages on outside late at night, and a rather loud noise is heard from your oc's garage. Upon inspecting this noise, they come to find a beastly figure hunkering down, having squeezed themselves through the broken garage door that had been left ajar a little. (Your oc had just been too lazy to close it all the way since it had only broken a few days prior.) Either way, now they have a stranger residing in their basement, and what's worse, it looks like their wing is broken.

Prompt 3: Lost

Summary: Your oc is a cryptid who is on the run for some reason. Be it hunters or what have you, they find themselves lost, weakened by the elements and lack of food. It isn't long until they find themselves struggling to continue, only to be stopped by NiM, who approaches them with caution. And upon your character passing out, they're taken back to NiM's den.

Question's in the comments, RP's in the DM's.
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 20%
A peaceful setting, but with a chance for small fights and struggles to break out on a very small scale.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Azelforest Topic Starter

bump
Hello there! Glad someone was able to answer my prayers for a somewhat paranormal RP. I read through everything and have no questions. I recently made a Phantom character. All of the information has not been converted from paper yet, but I am willing to give you a detailed rough version of a CS in DMs. I do not use Discord, unfortunately, so if that's an issue, let me know. You should have a CS by tomorrow, have a great day!
Azelforest Topic Starter

bump
Azelforest Topic Starter

still looking!
I am interested, mainly in prompt 3.

I would use my fairy, Cassida (I know her design is a bit...different from the usual fairy):
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1455783

She is mainly for high fantasy, but I could alter her backstory for modern fantasy as well, if needed.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Cryptid's in your area (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus