Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Princess Looking for Her...Captor?! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Kestrel (played by Sage-Thorne)

'ello all!

So I've had a few ideas for Kestrel in my head... She's still under construction, but I would like to develop her through some RP! Some quick info:

Genre: Medieval fantasy, medium to high magic
Tone: Serious, dramatic; some humor and romance, of course!
Rating: PG-13 for romance (fade-out method when things start gettin' heated up ;)), PG for language, and pretty much anything for violence (gore and severed limbs is perfectly fine :3)

So I have three possible plotlines, and I'm open to suggestions for these :3 All of these start out with Kestrel being locked away from the world, with absolutely no outside contact up until the point which the RP starts.

1) Something like the Tangled plotline. Kestrel was taken from her parents when she was just born (or very young) and is being kept secret in the middle of nowhere. Your character can either be the one who captured her (this would be suitable for immortals, witches/wizards, magical creatures, etc), or someone who stumbles upon the castle in which she is being kept (adventurers, rogues, travellers, etc). We can work out details from there... And it doesn't have to be centered around romance or Kestrel finding out she's a princess!
2) Kestrel is a princess born into a large kingdom. However, her mother dies just a few days after she's born, and her father dies a little later from grief, so Kestrel is raised by her uncle and aunt. Her birth is never announced to the kingdom, so she practically doesn't exist. The uncle and aunt believe magic is evil, and thus outlaw it. However, many of the peasants are able to use some form of magic, and Kestrel has royal blood, and thus is a witch by birth, so the king has Kestrel practically locked in the castle, drilling science and facts into her so that she sees that magic is ridiculous and evil. Kestrel has no experience with the outside world. Perhaps your character is part of a rebellion against the castle and Kestrel is discovered (this is suited for rogues, commoners, perhaps warriors), and she has to be taught about her magic, maybe by your character (wizards/witches, sorcerer/sorceress, mage, etc).
3) And finally, Kestrel is once again born a princess. Her kingdom has a deal with another kingdom (I would like them to be "uncivilized", either barbarians or perhaps even a different species entirely) that every first princess born to the reigning king would be given to the second kingdom as payment for a treaty so the two kingdoms won't go to war. In order to avoid this, Kestrel's mother hides Kestrel away once she is born and it is announced to the rest of the kingdom that the princess died at birth. Many years later, some way or another, the second kingdom finds out about the "dead" princess, and they come to claim her. Your character can either be of high standing (royal, noble, etc) or just a warrior, depending on how your character's people work. She doesn't have to be wed to them, but they should be interacting in some way. Your character will most likely be the one to teach Kestrel your character's people's ways and such.

So there are my long-winded plot ideas //flail// Feel free to tweak them to suit your needs, and just ask if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Sage~
I got my sweet Prince Audric here if you would like to RP with him.. hes a real teddy bear and would not hurt a fly hed just free the trapped fly if it was in his home.
Kestrel (played by Sage-Thorne) Topic Starter

Thanks!...though I was kind of hoping for someone a bit more aggressive, to be honest ^^; Have anyone like that?
Weylin in other.. not played im much but he can be mean even if hes a softly under all that

Maybe... I just don't want the RP to turn all nicey-nicey. Conflict is what drives a story! //fist pump//
he wont show it much if at all hes had a bad past so hes cold 99% of the time.

Well which plot line would you want? And how would you incorporate him?
i like the first one

Alright, and how would you incorporate him?
well he could find where shes being kept and tries to rob the place and finds her?

I suppose so...
or if you got any better idea's?

Is he just a thief, or will he do anything for money, such as kidnap? //hint hint// I may have Kestrel be magic in this one, as well, and perhaps he can kidnap her either for ransom or to help him with future thefts~
to kidnap her and have her help him in other theft's would be cool.

You like it? Alright, let's do it, then~
cool.. are you going to start it?

I'm going to bed in just a few minutes, so I won't be able to start it until tomorrow... If you want, you can go ahead, and I'll see if I can reply before I head to bed, but otherwise I'll post tomorrow C:
i im not feeling good right now so i'll let you start it

Are you still looking? I have a feeling that Maybach and her would get along fabulously. By fabulous, I mean that he'd probably kidnap her from her tower, chop off her hair, and force her to wear functional clothes, and if he found out about her royal blood, he'd likely try to use her as a bargaining chip to get his sentence repealed, or at least lightened.
I'm thinking that a blend of the first and second plots would work well. Perhaps her aunt and uncle banish her from the castle to live out in an old tower under guard and strict instruction to prevent her from trying any magic. There would be a resistance among the smallfolk to the current king and queen and their crusade to rid the kingdom of its natural magic and spellcasting?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Princess Looking for Her...Captor?! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus