Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » apocalypse plan, #1 Zombies

So, I thought it would be fun to disscuss what you would do if you needed to surive some sort of an apocalypse. Seeing how well this one will do, I will try to do another in a bit. (maybe next week, maybe next month, who knows?) So there are some rules:
1. It must what would YOU do? Not a character. (of course real names are not needed, just bare info. Just read what I do.)
2. The plan must be for at least 30 days. Of course you don't have to do a step by step of each hour or day, but you have to explain how you would surive for the 30 days, and if you want to, add how you would prepare for later, after the 30 days.
3. No one is super strength or immune to any disease or condition. (So, like in #1, if biten, you will turn)
4. Assume there is no goverment help for at least 30 days.
5.Explain why you choose something, rather than something else.
6.Don't do the same thing over and over again. You could try and start off the same way, but don't do the same plan with just a few different differences.

There are of course certin rules for each apocalypse, this one being what kind of zombies. This will be the orginal zombies from 'Night of the living dead', slow, dumb, and can only be taken down, by taking off the head, or destorying the brain. If you have any other questions, PM me or ask here, and I will do my best to answer qucikyl. My reply should be the first, but don't wait on me. Good luck out there.

If you have any suggestions, include it in your post, at the end, and I may do it.
berserker544 Topic Starter

I work at a pawnshop, so I would take anything of use, we have a small assortement of knifes, swords,and bows and arrows, but also equipment such as axes, camping supplies, generators, and solar panels. So, if I was there when it started, I would back my van to the back door, and take everything I could of use, then head home. I live in a small hamlet (like a village) of roughly 300 people during the winter, maybe 500 during fall and spring (A lot of cottages) and MAYBE 1000 during the summer, so ther are not a lot of people near me. My house also runs on a well, not sewers, so as long as I have power, I also have water. Thats were the solar panels and generators come into play. I would also invest in building a windmill to build power during the night, when generators are too loud and solar panels are usless.

I don't have huge proptey, about half an acre, which I would then started to build a fence around, larger and stronger than the one I already have. And luckily, I live not ten minutes from a lot of farms, so I would then take some small live stock, such as goats, chickens, and the like. these would provide meat, and other food, while not taking up a lot of room or causing too much noise, and while I was at it, I would of course take some seed for possible corps, most liekly potatoes, which are easy to grow. As for before I can get of this, I live in a house with six people, including myself, and we have a lot of food on hand, helping store food for my church, and other local centers, so I would have at the very least, two weeks of food for at least 10 people. I'm also a part time fire fighter, so I would have access to other tools and large trucks if I needed them, along with the thick bunker suits, which would be great armour against bites. As for any of zombies that near my place, I would stick to using bows, or crossbows if my shop had any at the time, to conserve ammo and keep the noise level at a minuim. I can then, in daylight and with cover, take back my arrows. My dad is a hunter, so I would have a small amount of shotguns and rifles open to me as well, but only to use these when I desperately need them. So, hopefully this would keep me alive long enough to either expand with more people, or wait until help arrives.
Let's see, given that I live in a college town--I'm pretty much already surrounded by zombies...lol. Anyway my plan:

I live across the street from a grocery store (and gas station), so my first plan would be to stock up on foods--everything from canned to frozen, and necessary medicines like Tylenol, as well as gasoline and propane. That done, I'd head over to the nearest sporting goods store to stock up on arrows for my recurve bow (oh ya) and thankfully I've got tons of trees (and thus branches/arrows) available to me just outside my apartment. I'd also grab a fishing pole since I'm near the mountains and could go fishing. I've never hunted live game in my life, but I'm sure with all my zombie-killing experience soon-to-be-gained, I'd become real good at pegging deer and bear with one shot.

From there, I'd board up my windows and reinforce my doors and hole up for the next 30 days. I would need to get a solar-powered battery charger or something, and a radio, to keep tabs on what all is happening with the world, but other than that, I should be okay for at least 30 days, maybe longer. >_>

I'd add one more thing: hitting up the bookstore to grab some books on survival. Depending on how long the apocalypse lasts, it never hurts to be prepared!
Sanne Moderator

I've learned to live off very little food/ration what food I have to last the month. I'd probably stock up on canned food, get a gas burner + gas, stock up on water and then barricade myself someplace safe for 30 days. Wouldn't be my apartment because of flimsy wooden doors and large windows, but I wouldn't mind holing up in my friends' basement together with them.

My friend would probably provide weapons, and he and I would defend the basement and his wife and kid.

We have a pharmacy very close here, so if necessary we'd go raid that place.

I think we'd be pretty well settled. :D
TheLily

I don't think I would last. I honestly think I would be the one that people would put out of their misery, but I'm handy as heck with a hammer. Plus I'm a good shot, even if it's been a couple of years, though I would aim myself towards getting to CAbela's (a hunting store) to get a bow. They have modifers to make it easier for people to shoot and arrows are more reusable. If getting there wasn't an option (probably not), I have a friend who has a bow that I would probably end up following her for (she does not have a great chance at survival. She is aware of this - surprisingly I have talked to her about it!)

Otherwise we live near a mall and while I wouldn't go straight for the obvious (grocers, Target), I would aim for the smaller stores to find weapons, supplies and food. Each of these places have a break room.

Plus, y'know, a candy store <_<.

Officially: Stay at home. I've got tools to board the place up and a stash of wood. When it got tough we'd either raid people's homes near by or go out only as far as we need to, together.
I would grab my machete and my aluminum bat and maybe some wooden bats we have lying around the house and whatever else I consider useful and hightail it for some woods. Since I live in Dallas this is easier said than done, which is why I'm ditching as soon as I hear any kind of word of some sort of epidemic of apocalyptic proportions. Maybe a gun if I could find one, but I'd probably stick to Mêlée and maybe teach myself how to shoot a bow and arrow, since ammo will most likely be limited and I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself.

I'm afraid I'd have to leave my poor puppies behind, since I can't afford to feed both them and myself; I suppose it depends on the situation, but I'd probably end up leaving them. Sorry, dogs.

I'd mostly go on foot since I can't drive yet, so it might take a little longer to get there, but I'd stick to the lesser known and less populated roads until I reach a forest. Go deep into that, find a water source and a food source and just camp out there.

Now, if the government does somehow come back after thirty days, I'm kinda screwed, but I'll have to make a run to town at some point so better late than never xD

If I could, I'd bring my friends along too. Namely my two bffs and some other people I know who I like and preferably have weapons or some other essential skills. Safety in numbers, after all.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » apocalypse plan, #1 Zombies

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus