Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Shop item to grant additional gallery slots

I'd love to add a few more images to one of my characters, but am out of gallery slots. Something similar to the "Page Torn From a Magic Book", but for an extra 10 (5? 20?) gallery slots instead would be a nice option to have!
I second this suggestion!
Rogue-Scribe

I haven’t run into the Epic 50 limit yet... well maybe one character... but yeah, a nice idea. :)
I think this is fair, but it should probably be fairly expensive as images are the most data consuming part of a profile. If it was possible to be able to selectively choose which profile(s) got the extra images, that would be one thing, but there isn't any code in place for such a thing. So it would probably have to work like a page torn from a magic book or a book of blank pages where all your character slots get them. As extra images would add a lot more data then extra pages would, it would naturally have to be more expensive then those.

You could probably handle it the same way one, one cheaper option for a small number of extra images, or a bigger bundle that likely goes for a small discount.
Kim Site Admin

As Katia mentioned., disk space is one of the more expensive things we cope with, so I've historically been very hesitant to raise the image limit in a permanent way.

At some point there was some discussion about making it an add-on to an Epicness subscription, like an Epicness "boost" that raised your image limit in the same temporary way as normal Epicness, but... more. This is definitely something I'd be willing to consider, though I'm not sure how it would be received.
Juls Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
As Katia mentioned., disk space is one of the more expensive things we cope with, so I've historically been very hesitant to raise the image limit in a permanent way.

At some point there was some discussion about making it an add-on to an Epicness subscription, like an Epicness "boost" that raised your image limit in the same temporary way as normal Epicness, but... more. This is definitely something I'd be willing to consider, though I'm not sure how it would be received.

So you'd have to be an epic member already? The 50 limit for epic members is already more than I'll probably ever need. (Can't speak for everyone of course!) I was more looking for a way to purchase a few extra slots that could be utilized after my epicness is expired.

But I also totally get it may simply be a money-losing proposition in the long run. :)
Kim Site Admin

Oh yeah, sorry, it's pretty unlikely that an image limit raise will be untethered from a subscription. Not unless we get way bigger and start making way more money in other ways, I guess. >.>

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Shop item to grant additional gallery slots

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus