Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Leaf Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Leaf Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Leaf Symbol
Dragonfire Moderator

I recognise that leaf! But I haven't played an Animal Crossing game in... just about ages, yikes.
AC's Happy Room Academy gimmick was run by an otter named Lyle, they'd visit your shack and score it or something but I'm not sure there was any perfection, just getting as high a score as possible.

Who are some of fiction's other famous old fashioned human-animal squatters? Jack (and the beanstalk), Max (Where the Wild Things Are), Tarzan, the Jungle Book...
Tar

I actually just picked New Horizons back up after many months of hiatus - but this is still a tricky one. I'm not sure where to go with it!

It's possible the second clue has something to do with Avery? In his Pocket Camp description he's described as someone who has the look of someone "transplanted from a bygone era". https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Avery

In general his theme is western - perhaps that's what makes his house perfect?
Claine Moderator

Tar wrote:
I actually just picked New Horizons back up after many months of hiatus - but this is still a tricky one. I'm not sure where to go with it!

It's possible the second clue has something to do with Avery? In his Pocket Camp description he's described as someone who has the look of someone "transplanted from a bygone era". https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Avery

In general his theme is western - perhaps that's what makes his house perfect?

That link states he wants a room full of fossils. Maybe that's what would make his house perfect!
Tar

Oh, good catch! I tried 'fossils', no go - maybe western-themed, rustic-themed, covered wagon, K.K. Condor...
K.K. Condor didn't work for me.

A "room full of fossils" does exist in-game, namely the museum. How to make it perfect varies from game to game but in any case you have to donate?
Auberon Moderator

Have we tried Blathers?
Dragonfire Moderator

Auberon wrote:
Have we tried Blathers?

Just popped it in! No dice.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "kilimanjaro, just a little bit of milk, one spoonful of sugar".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Heimdall, designer of this riddle wrote:
The riddle is about a villager named Avery. The first clue indicates that we're talking about one of the male villagers. The second clue comes from Avery's description from Pocket Camp, which says he looks like "someone from a bygone era transplanted to modern days." The third clue is asking how he takes his coffee: kilimanjaro brew with just a bit of milk and one spoonful of sugar.
Tar

It was how he liked his coffee, the last thing I tried 'cause I didn't think it'd be that long for some reason - silly me, but huzzah! XD

WAY TO GO TAR! :D
Dragonfire Moderator

Oh, wow, that's a mouthful! (Of coffee!) Awesome work!
Ilmarinen Moderator

Yee, great job!! :D

(I'm gonna have to make these harder next time >:D)
Ha, I did try 'one spoonful of sugar' and moved on thinking a full phrase three times as long as the other solutions wouldn't work, so you stumped me.

It may very well be the longest answer we've ever had, and also the first year I've had the capability to accept an answer this long. That was just an accident, but Heim came up with this and I was happy to put it to use XD

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Leaf Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus