Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 8 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Puzzle 8 Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these puzzles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. In puzzles, all information you will need to solve it is contained within Epic Week materials.

Click here to visit the location of the Puzzle 8 Symbol
Dragonfire Moderator

We're still looking for someone who joined the RPR in 2013 for this one!
I have answered the call! Clue 2 is unlocked!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

EnkeliAgon wrote:
I have answered the call! Clue 2 is unlocked!

HERO!!!
Dragonfire Moderator

This is almost certainly to do with

eladus8.png
Ilmarinen Moderator

blueseal----3.png
Was 'What was missing' the name of the being that Usim found, perhaps? :o
Also uugh glyphs hahaha. Emnunydae was right when she wrote

~Teamwork? EGAD~

XD <3
Ilmarinen Moderator

Hokay! *claps hands* I had looked at these before, and determined that the "hin" rune is missing from both of the sigils in the books--though all the syllables are present on the blue seal itself. So, I'm thinking our answer will begin with "hin."
Ilmarinen Moderator

"Hinder" is a word, and both syllables are in the glyphs, so... maybe that, too. I'm not sure what else could get tacked onto it--unless we're now looking at one of those numerical keys!
Ilmarinen Moderator

And "hin" decoded using Caesar-5 is "cdi," but I'm not sure that applies here.
Dragonfire Moderator

reading roughly right to left, top to bottom:

hin la ton ick cri der won cin er el ti pon
Dragonfire Moderator

Just trying out the phonetics as they stood above didn't work. There's something else we still haven't quite gotten, here, apparently.
However Hinder isn't missing from the book? Perhaps it's what translation of glyphs is missing?
Cinder, hinder, ponder, Erick... all of these are totally words... :,) Haha

I wonder what it means by the precision for a mountain? Is it a measurement, or a reference...?

Also, what was missing could be the actual mountain parts themselves, as Liri's journal says "Our task is to calm the mountain. What might a mountain find comforting? Something close to its own heart, maybe even something that was once in its heart and has been lost? Previous eruptions have scattered poor Ovation’s very core across all the world. With every eruption across the eons, it has grown smaller, lost more of itself. I think I might find the return of something that was once vital to me very soothing."
At one point one of the researchers says he found the mountain's real name and wove it into the spell even though he swore to never speak it aloud or write it out.
Also, you can make the name Cinderella with the phonetics offered. I find that interesting if not necessarily relevant.
Well that certainly is interesting!! :O She was the fire-tending girl.
Also, it was one of the mountain spirit's names, wasn't it? Not the whole mountain itself. Although maybe that counts as the mountain. :I

Would the clues all apply to Cinderella, I wonder?
Probably not. But that might be the name anyway. :P

I mean, maybe it's a little far fetched, but what with ashes, glass slippers, and a bunch of other Cinderella stuff (like the original Greek one being named something meaning 'Rosy-Cheeks'), it could definitely be a volcano spirit! :) That's really good!
Ah reading back through some stuff... It is the glyphs, what with Eladus' saying: "Phonetics can cut through the thicket of variables that go into a chronomancy enchantment. They bring power at the expense of precision. But perhaps when dealing with an entire mountain, precision is less important than when dealing with a single human lifespan."
So that would be the 'enough precision for a mountain' clue, I suppose. I do wonder what Eladus' meant about a single human lifespan, though. I hope that was just a generalization and we don't have to figure out how many people he practiced on (joking).

Ah, also, I noticed on the right page of Eladus' journal, the two thingies with the glyphs inside them are both different. I though at first that one was just at a different angle, but they're both different ones. Bwaha. I'm probably a little late to that realization, but oh well.

And I don't know that they are talking about English phonetics, haha. Probably have to try some different pronunciations and see how they turn out, you know?

Also, can anyone read the writing around the edges of the two circles? It's blurry on some spots and sharp on others, but I don't think the glyphs that have names are the only ones included there. Are we supposed to figure them out from a hint? Are they even important? :,D Do we know at all?
LET'S PUT AN END TO THIS, GUYS
Dragonfire Moderator

*cracks knuckles

and spine

and coffee cup*

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 8 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus