Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 7 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Puzzle 7 Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these puzzles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. In puzzles, all information you will need to solve it is contained within Epic Week materials.

Click here to visit the location of the Puzzle 7 Symbol
Ilmarinen Moderator

Quote:
The second clue can only be revealed to someone who joined during the year 2013.

NOOO! XD
Dragonfire Moderator

Our nemesis, 2013.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

WHOOPS SORRY

There we go!
Rogue-Scribe

I messaged someone who registered in 2020 but is active on another board to drop in. Hopefully they will.
Hello, I dropped in and I joined in 2020. :) Hopefully I helped.
Tar

Ooh, thank-you!
Hmm. This one could be about Liri, and those trees she was studying? But maybe not. :P
Rogue-Scribe

Rachel2876 wrote:
Hello, I dropped in and I joined in 2020. :) Hopefully I helped.
Thanks for stopping by Rachel! You did help! Your name is emblazoned on the Puzzle!
Good to see you here!

Now, Who Sits At The Apex?
Tar

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Hmm. This one could be about Liri, and those trees she was studying? But maybe not. :P

I definitely think that's part of it! The first clue seems to be referencing the research here, I'm assuming specifically to volcanic ash:

liri3.png
Dragonfire Moderator

Could also have something to do with the critters she sketches out in this one:

liri4.png

If I was gonna call any of those an apex predator... The frog, or the dragonfly, maybe? Or the skink.
Mmm, as for the actual content of the journal it sounds like she's talking about... Volcano meteors??? Are those a thing?

The Apex... Of the mountain? The organizations of the court or council? The whole situation all in all? Uh... Widget Wood? Is it a dragon? :D Hehe.
Dragonfire Moderator

"A chain to concentrate"

Liri's journal about the plants mentions the line "We must find a way to concentrate this essence that the plants are tasting" and "highest concentrations of ash are in a strata 10-14 inches below the surface". There's only one plant on that page that roots within that range, the one on the top-right corner, but I can't quite figure out what it is.

Spitballing: queen anne's lace, or in the land of the RPR, queen agnael's lace?
Dragonfire Moderator

So if we were looking for a chain to an apex something... The queen agnael's lace, then the caterpillar. The (sunny) skink was munching on caterpillars. I'm noooot sure what eats skinks.
Well, bugs would eat it if it was dead, I suppose. Is this all about how the food chain works, bringing little pieces of the ash with it and into the animals?! Wooo
Dragonfire Moderator

Doesn't matter what eats skinks! The answer was just the sunny skink itself. :D

Great work! This puzzle was indeed about Liri's journal. Queen Agnael's Lace was the only plant that had its roots at the correct depth for volcanic ash. Many caterpillars munch on the Agnael's lace, concentrating the trace minerals from the ash into their own bodies, and were then eaten by sunny skink's, which resulted in a hyper-concentration of those trace minerals. By collecting the shed skins of Sunny Skinks, Liri and Rhozora would have had a powerful component for the spell they were working on to calm Mount Ovation. :)
Wow, that's amazing!!! Also, I took a screenshot of when I clicked this symbol and someone was solving it. I feel so proud. XD
Tar

Wow, nice job! That was a tricky one, I didn't consider the possibility of the chain being a food chain.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 7 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus