Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Adoptables Questions?

I've noticed that a lot of people love the surprise adoptables that have been being sold on RPR and I've decided that I would love to try my hand at it. However, I've never really dealt with them before. This will be my first foray into the arena and would like to know what people look for in adoptables? I would also like to know what level of detail you'd like to see in them. Would you like to name them yourselves and create their own background for them? Or would you like them partly pre-made?

I would also like some suggestions for WHAT to make. So far, I've got.

Fairies.
Fairy Pets XD
Elves (Light and Dark)
Dwarves
Shifter Animals (Shift from a specific animal to a person)

(P.s. These will come after the raffle drawings, but I'm info collecting at present :))
I enjoy making up my own story for them, just based on what they look like :) I'd love to see elves or anything humanoid really. A lot of the (really awesome!) adoptables so far have been animal oriented.
I like making my own story up for them as well. :) It is a fun part of character creation and just something I like to do. When I look at adoptables I like to expect that whatever I get, from the egg/basket/etc. will be different and unique. It'll stand out and be fun.

And I'd totally love to see something more humaniod, there have been some amazing animal adoptables lately and I've partaken ;) in getting a few of those myself so the fairies and elves and dwarves really appeal to me. :D
You would have to look within certain groups to find humanoid adopts. I'm with Loki. Anything that isn't animal based.
I can't spend money on adopts but I've bought some on dA with some points I've earned.

I prefer humanoid, and I prefer a nice bit of detail. I'm not looking for a whole lot, but something more than a chibi with simple colors. XD

I think the big thing I like is when I don't have a premade history or name for them. Sometimes it's nice, but most of the time just the looks of the adoptable alone will give me enough to go off of and spark some fantastic idea. That's why I prefer adoptables that have little quirks to them, and not the typical cat ears and tails. Something unique is always best. :)
Highjinx Topic Starter

Oh, you guys are amazing <3

My style is pretty detailed, so anything I draw will have a good amount of effort stuck into it. I was just wondering if people would mind if I gave them names and stuff. I suppose you could always change them afterwards... but when I work I make stories in my head XD and they take on a life of their own. Which I suppose is kind of why I never tried it before. I was afraid I wouldn't want to let them go when I was done XD
Highjinx wrote:

My style is pretty detailed, so anything I draw will have a good amount of effort stuck into it. I was just wondering if people would mind if I gave them names and stuff. I suppose you could always change them afterwards... but when I work I make stories in my head XD and they take on a life of their own. Which I suppose is kind of why I never tried it before. I was afraid I wouldn't want to let them go when I was done XD

I've totally given my adoptables personalities which sort of come through in thier poses/expressions... I've even named a few... <_<
Highjinx Topic Starter

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Highjinx wrote:

I've totally given my adoptables personalities which sort of come through in thier poses/expressions... I've even named a few... <_<

Yeah, it's totally impossible for me not too lol
What is an adoptable? I've heard the term a lot and have loose idea of what it might be, but nothing concrete. Is it just a little pet that someone else RPs for/with you? I like that concept, if it is.

rolled 10d100 and got 467
1000 gets me Jäger adoptable from Pacific Rim

Highjinx Topic Starter

Bonebag wrote:
What is an adoptable? I've heard the term a lot and have loose idea of what it might be, but nothing concrete. Is it just a little pet that someone else RPs for/with you? I like that concept, if it is.

From what I've gathered, an adoptable is a piece of character art (or even an idea) that is unique (created by someone, not a picture found off google and words put over it) and put up for adoption.

I always think "RP Pet!" when I see adoptables XD lol

You purchase the adoptable and then you get to name it, design the story for it, and play it.
Highjinx Topic Starter

ok, so I've got quite a few things to do, but I've decided that 20 adoptables are going to be featured.

10 Elves
5 Fairies
5 Fairy/Elven Pets

As soon as I'm done with the Raffle Pictures, Art Trade, and my secret Santa stuff I will post those baskets up for people to start considering. :3

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Adoptables Questions?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus